• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bipin

Quote from: Haljackey on October 24, 2011, 06:18:51 PM
Well that's because I'm from SW Ontario (London).

Oh wow, that's where I am as well. What are the odds!  :D

Orange_o_

why your intersections are they always so ugly? They are often lost in the middle of nowhere, without any integration effort. It's a shame it looks like SC4 has not changed, apart from the road.

More ... there is never a car  ()sad()

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

jordanfrew1994

@Oange_o_: Are you speaking about me?  Because if you are then yo're n for a shock,  My intersections aren't pieces of modern art but they''re not ugly either they're actually organic and very well built with lots of effort.  Just ask the pros around here.  They're in the middle of nowhere because a)  MY regions consist of more than one city and b) it's not even in a real region, it's just an empty region I created to test my ideas.  What do you mean SC4 has not changed?  Go sit in a corner mate and stop hating because nobody likes comments like that.  At least try to be a bit constructive. And there's no cars again because it's in a region where I'm testing my ideas however  I shouldn't need to explain my self to you.  I don't know why I have!

MandelSoft

@Orange_o_: Most people tend to put develompents around the interchange later on, so it will be integrated later. Some people just lay out some interchanges just to see what they can do. Keep in mind we all have different playing styles...

With that said, jordanfrew1994's interchanges don't look bad at all, in fact they look very smooth.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

samerton

Nice junction, Jordan! I really like it  :thumbsup:

art128

I don't understand either Orange's comment.. It's not his usual way to speak about other people works. But over all his comment was more rude that anything.

Anyway nice interchanges, everyone! ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Bipin

I'm actually pretty disappointed in Oranges comment. If your going to state something like that, which you shouldn't in the first place, at least have the common sense (more like uncommon sense, I suppose these days) to realize that maybe you should try your hand at whatever your criticizing and see just how tough it is.

Haljackey

Well it's all perspective. Orange_o_ mentioned that some interchanges shown here are undecorated and can be in the middle of nowhere.

But sometimes they can go from this:

To this:

To this:

(Just an example.)  ::)

Swordmaster

And even if they didn't, RHW intersections by themselves are often a work of art (with all due credit to the modders).

rooker1

This is a Show Us Your ...Intersections thread not how well they can be decorated.
I for one would rather see some undecorated ones so that I can figure out how to make them myself.

Let's move on now!

Robin ;)
Call me Robin, please.

Risu

Quote from: Orange_o_ on October 25, 2011, 09:02:32 AM
why your intersections are they always so ugly? They are often lost in the middle of nowhere, without any integration effort. It's a shame it looks like SC4 has not changed, apart from the road.

More ... there is never a car  ()sad()
Honestly? How could you even think that? What the hell is wrong with you? >:(

Haljackey

Quote from: rooker1 on October 25, 2011, 04:02:47 PM

I for one would rather see some undecorated ones so that I can figure out how to make them myself.

I agree. It can be much easier to see our creations when the clutter is out of the way. Eyecandy and traffic flow may improve the aesthetic appeal of the area, but the intersections themselves create the raw appeal.

rooker1

I said that's enough. 
Orange_O_ has been given a negative karma point. 
We need no more opinions on this matter. 
I will unlock this thread aftre everyone has cooled down!

Robin - Global Moderator.
Call me Robin, please.

rooker1

Okay, a new day.
I recieved this PM from Orange_O_ this morning and he has asked if I would post it as soon as I unlocked the thread.

Quote from: Orange_o_ on October 25, 2011, 11:51:23 PM
Hello,

I admit I was surprised at the reaction to my post about the "show your intersections."
If members have understood my criticism, I think the google translator used words stronger than I thought.

Can you post this message in the topic, when you unlock?

"Members of SC4D,
I wanted to apologize for the emotion that I create. This message was aimed at anyone in particular.
I do not question the work that you all have done. I just saddened by the lack of creativity around these interchanges.
I understand that this issue was not made to post pretty pictures, just pictures of interchanges.

Sorry for these words that have no doubt exceeded my mind "

Thank's
Call me Robin, please.

mike3775

Quote from: jordanfrew1994 on October 24, 2011, 02:30:30 PM
Here's another one I've just finished.  It's basically a high speed high capacity cloverleaf with a 6 lane crossing an 8 lane mororway.  In order to substantically reduce weaving, I have taken two of the four loops and extended them with the use of tunnels to the edge of the interchange.  I have tried my best to create smooth curves and realistic slopes in and out of tunnels.  Because it's quite large I will provide several pictures.

This is an overview of it.

This is one of the two tunnels.

A close up of the inner loops.

A close up of the approach to the flyover.

It may look a bit wonky but I promise it's 99% symetrical :D

Give me some feedback! :D

I actually like the tunnels myself.  I try to use tunnels as much as possible to allow zoning to get as close as possible to the interchange as possible after the intersection is built.

Rionescu

I guess this would be a Full-Y/Pinavia hybrid interchange, and with the exception of a few curves that I didn't fit in, I think it turned out quite well.

With the exception of this interchange, these highways are just little RHW-4s, so I had to use a number of partial interchanges to transition to RHW-10.

MandelSoft

Wow, just wow! That's certainly a unique creation :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Korot

Some Interchanges from my region. All pics are facing north

First up is a regular exit, with a twist:

The A1 runs north to east here, and hooks up with a local avenue on the left. Problem of course was the curve that the A1 had to make. I think this one will have a little make over with V5, to remove the odd twists and turns the west/north ramps have.

A standard Cloverleaf with C/D ramps to reduce weaving. The 'direct' ramps might have been a bit more smooth (despite the smooth curves), but as you can see, the city is creeping up on it from the south. It are the A2 and A3 that intersect here, BTW. A2 is the one north/west.

A zoom on the central section.

A little further to the west, the A2 and A3 meet again:

'Stole' the design from BL, who made a similar one, albeit in a more urban environment. My version has one small flaw though:

Weaving, anyone?

We know where the A2 ends, but where does it start? Well, it does here:

A2 spins of the A1 here, which is a ring road for the capital city. Despite the use of RHW4 and 8, the usage isn't that high. Though that will change as the city expands.

Last but not least:

Probably my most favourite interchange is this Parclo A4. The odd ending of the Dual OWR4 on the right of the image will be fixed soon. Also was experimenting with some tree types when I buildt this...  :-\

Regards,
Korot

SCWTC4

just a simple one.
i've rebuilt this intyerchange thanks to the new FAR pieces, i like the way it turned out.

still no developement around tough, it will become a large loop around the city, and threes will be planted around in order to make it look more like a parkway than a massive 2+3+3+2 highway

me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

Risu

Very nice! :) Which rail viaduct station is that near the bottom right?