• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCWTC4

me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

j-dub

@SCWTC4: You know, its not too late to use avenue FARR. The last I checked those were available in the avenue roundabout menu ring.

McDuell

Playing around with the new NAM 30 / RHW 5 / NWM 2 'Trilogy'. (Thank you yet again NAM team for this astounding addon!  &apls)

I recently surfed the ATTAP intersections again, which gave me the inspiration for this Quadrant Road Intersection:

My attempt at building a diverging windmill ...:

... and a diagonal one:

Another diverging solution for interchanging orthogonal and diagonal RHWs:

The last one for today is an irregular spaghetti interchange:

Have fun  ;D
----------------
It's redundant, it's redundant. (R.E. Dundant)
----------------

SCWTC4

Quote from: j-dub on October 28, 2011, 01:52:10 PM
@SCWTC4: You know, its not too late to use avenue FARR. The last I checked those were available in the avenue roundabout menu ring.
yeah, you're right, i think that FAR pieces are some of the best addition that NAM gives to the game, i only need to overcome my habit of laying transit networks in order to look good in regional view, wich causes them to make all those unappealing bends.
maybe after ill' work around winth secondary roads and ther relative intersections with the avenues i can try to  put some FAR pieces, they'll obviously look better than the current layout..

@McDuell: amazing interchanges, the diverging windmill it's hands down the best  &apls
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

metarvo

The diagonal interchange master McDuell is back! :) The diagonal diverging windmill is my personal favorite, but of course all of the other ones are nice as well.  I guess I haven't looked hard enough, but I never realized there were L2-RHW inside exits.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Haljackey

McDuell, you never fail to impress.

Very cool use of MAVE/TLA/RHW combinations to create a neat intersection. I've done a few of these with avenue, but it now looks like it's possible with wider networks!

The diverging windmill is perfect. It's pretty small (which is good) yet you managed to get the smooth curves in there. Very nice work!
-The diagonal version is just nuts. Same with the ortho/diag one.

The last one looks very practical as well.

As I've said before, you are the interchange master.

DerChrischi

I'm working on it. But I have some problem to find a connection here for. Can someone give me a hint?

Or where can i find help???

teddyrised

Quote from: DerChrischi on October 29, 2011, 09:40:01 AM
I'm working on it. But I have some problem to find a connection here for. Can someone give me a hint?

I think what you're looking for is the FLEX SPUI piece - which can be found under the Avenue-RHW puzzle pieces menu. Also, if you're using the FLEX SPUI puzzle piece, you also have to use the special TULEP type A onramp piece, found under the same menu (just tab through the pieces to find it, if you use shift+tab it migth be faster).

DerChrischi

"Also, if you're using the FLEX SPUI puzzle piece, you also have to use the special TULEP type A onramp piece"

That´s all in the RHW????

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: DerChrischi on October 29, 2011, 10:37:24 AM

The FlexSPUI is in the AVE-RHW interface pieces button. The on-slope TuLEP is in the TuLEPs button.

If you're going to build a FlexSPUI, the RHW-4 ramps need to be one tile further out.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

DerChrischi

I have done it! Thanks, man!
Now can the glorien drive to Gloria Cityhabour on the new RHW! YEAH!  :thumbsup: I hope they will using it!   ::)

teddyrised

@DerChrischi: Looking great! :D

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on October 29, 2011, 12:11:22 PM
Quote from: DerChrischi on October 29, 2011, 10:37:24 AM

The FlexSPUI is in the AVE-RHW interface pieces button. The on-slope TuLEP is in the TuLEPs button.

If you're going to build a FlexSPUI, the RHW-4 ramps need to be one tile further out.

Thanks for correcting me :P

mike3775

Quote from: DerChrischi on October 29, 2011, 12:12:13 PM

I have done it! Thanks, man!
Now can the glorien drive to Gloria Cityhabour on the new RHW! YEAH!  :thumbsup: I hope they will using it!   ::)

Congrats.  Thats the only type of interchange I tend to make for my RHW's, as they conserve space.

Carny

Quote from: DerChrischi on October 29, 2011, 09:40:01 AM

You can use also an Elevated Avenue single intersection puzzle piece (in the Elevated Avenue sub-menu). BUT i don't remember at the moment if this piece works also as an elevated OWR-AVE intersection or just as elevated Road-AVE piece.

Carny

First of all, sorry for my poor english. This is the first time i post here, after long time following this thread.
Nothing special, just a simple rural intersection for connecting a main inter-urban road (Rhw-2) with a secondary one, close to a little rural town.  I like it for his compactness ando also because it was the first time i tried to use this new NAM pieces. :)

j-dub

@Carny, Glad you could join in, its great to have you here. Way to go with your first intersection. Looking good and realistic. :thumbsup:

Haljackey

Very cool Carny! Nice use of the FARMIS pieces!

My latest attempt at a partial-y interchange

Click for full size:

This junction was inspired by the 401/402 exchange in my hometown of London, Ontario.
-Photo also by me. Click for full size:

DAB_City

Quote from: Haljackey on October 29, 2011, 08:08:02 PM
Very cool Carny! Nice use of the FARMIS pieces!

My latest attempt at a partial-y interchange

Click for full size:

This junction was inspired by the 401/402 exchange in my hometown of London, Ontario.
-Photo also by me. Click for full size:

Remind me which MIS piece that is on the lower-right of the interchange (appears to be RHW-8S<>RHW-6S & RHW-4)???  ()what()
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/

jdenm8

That "MIS piece" (I assume you're talking about the ramp interface) is the RHW-8S Type C2 exit, a new addition in RHW 5.0.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

DAB_City

Quote from: jdenm8 on October 30, 2011, 04:48:47 AM
That "MIS piece" (I assume you're talking about the ramp interface) is the RHW-8S Type C2 exit, a new addition in RHW 5.0.

That's what I was asking for earlier... Sorry for missing that  &ops
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/