• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadmichael03

Modified free-flowing T junction.  Primary route is bottom to right and right to bottom.

At first I saved a small amount of space by having the northwesternmost ramp go under the E-MIS, but I decided those two 90 degree curves (one of them the small kind!) were either unrealistic or just bad engineering.  The only point on that part had been to test my patience with the diagonal overpasses, anyway.

Here's how it was originally, with my little MS Paint blueprint.  Or red, as it were.

Jaris

I tried to make this one look as random as possible.. :D I like how it turned out, but the city around it needs some heavy developement.

A nice little Interchange close to a train station

A curving T-Interchange. It's still a work in progress, I plan on building a causeway or bridge but haven't decided yet where the highway will lead to. :D

-Jaris

Haljackey

Very cool work Jaris!

For the last one, that's one huge bend in the road. Perhaps using 45 degree curves rather than 90 degree ones will make it look a bit more realistic?

Here's a new intersection I created. I call this one 'The Web'.

And a new video driving on some hillside interchanges:

http://www.youtube.com/v/FRxW_o4gsU8

More info and HD here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRxW_o4gsU8

mike3775

Haljacky, if you ever get a job as a street planner, remind me to never drive in your cities  :)

banditp61

Quote from: Haljackey on November 24, 2011, 09:25:35 AM

Here's a new intersection I created. I call this one 'The Web'.

... It reminds me of Denver... I make those all the time in my city. I don't think my Sims like them very much. I know I hate them in Denver.

Swordmaster

I got to thirty before I lost count of your driving offenses, Ryan! I thought Canadians were courteous drivers?  :D

It's been a while since I last posted one of mine, so here is:

io_bg

Now that's awesome :thumbsup: I'll have to copy it ;D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

noahclem

That's a pretty perfect interchange Willy!  &apls

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Haljackey

In Sim land I don't care about traffic rules. As mayor, I am above the law anyway  ::)

Nice clover-flex interchange Swordmaster! Not sure if that's the real name but that's what I'm calling it.  :P
-Good FARHW action too!

WillG_75

Quote from: metarvo on November 10, 2011, 06:15:28 PM
Nice work on the diagonal parclo, 00V00!

Here's what I've been working on for the last four days:

I'm guessing it would be a cloverstack, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.  I've used the DBE and NWM to supplement the RHW and allow some unusual left exits.

I've been trying for the past few days to create diagonal and custom angle bridges over the road like you did and I cannot figure it out. How did you do it?

Gurning_Chimp

Quote from: WillG_75 on November 24, 2011, 04:36:28 PM
Quote from: metarvo on November 10, 2011, 06:15:28 PM
Nice work on the diagonal parclo, 00V00!

Here's what I've been working on for the last four days:

I'm guessing it would be a cloverstack, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.  I've used the DBE and NWM to supplement the RHW and allow some unusual left exits.

I've been trying for the past few days to create diagonal and custom angle bridges over the road like you did and I cannot figure it out. How did you do it?

I'm guessing he used the diagonal bridge enabler.

WillG_75

I know, but I can't figure out how to build bridges over roads.

Gurning_Chimp

They may be in the 'raised roads' section, just Tab through and have a looksee.

WillG_75

I tried that also. There aren't angled ground to slope road pieces in the current NAM.

Gurning_Chimp

solovinodelmal

Quote from: Swordmaster on November 24, 2011, 01:01:50 PM
I got to thirty before I lost count of your driving offenses, Ryan! I thought Canadians were courteous drivers?  :D

It's been a while since I last posted one of mine, so here is:

Wow, that's awesome. I'm gonna have to try one of these.

mike3775

might have gone RHW to One Way Road for the bridge then back to RHW

canyonjumper

Guys, those pieces are in the Road Overpass section. Just rotate the Road OnSlope Piece until it's in the direction you want.
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

WillG_75

I've tried that, it only gives me 90 degree road on slope pieces. I can only do angles for Maxis Highway and railroads. I am using NAM 30 as well.