• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gugu3

Your interchanges look good Noah!

Varnado

I recently updated the central interchange in one of my older cities in order to widen the mainlines and include all sorts of niceties like fractional angle ramps, cosmetic pieces, and merge lanes--or at least as much as I could without dramatically changing the interchange's footprint.

Check out the original version from October for comparison! It was my first ever four way RHW interchange!
Check out my YouTube channel for dozens of hours of high quality SimCity 4 content and new videos uploaded regularly.

compdude787

Here's an interchange I recently made. It's a parclo/diamond hybrid that replaces a generic and boring RHW diamond interchange I had there before. Apparently, I didn't consider it to be anything special because I never took a decent screenshot of it. Anyway, here's the new interchange, all spruced up with trees:

Closeup:

Development and eyecandy (signs and lights) coming soon...
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

noahclem

compdude787

Quote from: noahclem on June 13, 2014, 12:50:59 PM
Quote from: compdude787 on June 13, 2014, 12:42:39 PMall spruced up with trees:

heh, I get it  ::)

Nice intersection  :thumbsup:

No pun intended :)

Thanks, I appreciate your comment! Originally, I was going to make it be a parclo like the one Maarten recently made in NORO, but it was too complicated with all the slopes to deal with. So I lowered my expectations and decided to do a FA diamond. I completed the north side, called it a night, then came up with the idea for the parclo while I was sitting in chemistry class the next morning.

I need to make a sandbox/test region and practice building interchanges there.

My YouTube Channel

noahclem

Yeah, parclos are quite the pain, mainly due to the slope issues you mentioned. Having L1 networks instead of L2 only does help quite a bit though. Let me know if your sandbox region works out for you. I just build mine though a ton of trial and error, taking a fairly ridiculous amount of time for all but the most basic of interchanges. I have a parclo I don't think I've shown anywhere yet, not from NORO but from my new Siilijoki region. It's my favorite so far but it was something of a pain to construct as well  ::)

Now I just need to figure out what's causing the base texture problem with the power lines....

compdude787

Quote from: noahclem on June 13, 2014, 01:42:57 PM
Yeah, parclos are quite the pain, mainly due to the slope issues you mentioned. Having L1 networks instead of L2 only does help quite a bit though. Let me know if your sandbox region works out for you. I just build mine though a ton of trial and error, taking a fairly ridiculous amount of time for all but the most basic of interchanges. I have a parclo I don't think I've shown anywhere yet, not from NORO but from my new Siilijoki region. It's my favorite so far but it was something of a pain to construct as well  ::)

[pic]

Now I just need to figure out what's causing the base texture problem with the power lines....
That's a great parclo interchange! I think you are great at making the RHW fit in with the surrounding terrain. With all the water bodies close by, that must have been really tough to build! What fun!

I think the main reason why I ended up not building a full-fledged parclo was because it would have been too close to another interchange to the west, so there'd be weaving problems. But mainly, it was because I just wasn't up to it. I don't know if I actually need to have a sandbox region though; I think I can just learn the RHW as I go. I think I have plenty of places to build a wide variety of interchanges in my region.

The transparent base bug sure can be annoying. I think it's most likely because of the slope on that grid cell. I've had that happen w/ Deadwoods' soundwalls, which also have a transparent base. But usually, the slope would be steeper than that for the transparent base bug to manifest itself.

It's nice to see all the stuff you've done in your new Siilijoki region, but things seem to be pretty quiet over in NORO. I know Maarten has done several live streams of NORO recently, but I haven't seen anything new in its MD since January. Any plans to make an update on that region? ;)

My YouTube Channel

vortext

Quote from: noahclem on June 13, 2014, 01:42:57 PM

Since the retaining walls show, my guess is they're transparent, yet slope intolerant lots and the black 'texture' actually is the invisible foundation. Just replop the poles on a flat tile and it should be fine. Nice interchange btw!  :)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Varnado

I built two new interchanges today for a collaborative Dropbox region that I'm working on along with a bunch of other people from the SimCity 4 subreddit. I thought they both turned out pretty nice, so here they are:

This asymmetric trumpet was the first interchange I ever built using the C-type RHW networks. Hopefully the first of many.

I think this parclo is the best of its variety that I've built so far. The development in the picture is the first area that I've actually built up so far in the region.
Check out my YouTube channel for dozens of hours of high quality SimCity 4 content and new videos uploaded regularly.

isii94

If you don't like tunnels and tight curves at interchanges, this is what you get when building a cloverstack &hlp

MD coming soon...

APSMS

Nice work, Isabella. I can't help but wonder how that would be of any use to the people in that city tile, though, since the only room for exits/onramps is on the diagonal connectors.

Or is it just for kicks? I've lost my patience building stuff for kicks (i.e. no development) since I'd always want to end up using it and being unable to bring myself to spend all the time to recreate it.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

isii94

I actually wanted to try building a cloverstack because until recently I could just build roundabout and cloverleaf interchanges that way. Maybe I'll try a turbine next before finally getting to real city building again.
MD coming soon...

Death50

Very impressive guys, I like seeing the use of FAR. I remember when it first came out, and I tried using it but just couldn't make use out of it. But now, it's a part of a lot of my interchanges. I'm not really good on building "Massive" interchanges that take up a whole city tile (also don't see the point), but I try to make the most compact, high capacity interchanges I can. So I took my old one (there is a tutorial for it) and made it bigger, badder, and more capacity. With all the new RHW it was possible now.

So I present this, my "Desert Gem"

[img=http://s28.postimg.org/o4r4ce6mx/Palasades_Mar_4_001404329825.jpg]

It's a big upgrade, and big change from my last one.

figui

still missing signs and lights, and some more work with the trees..

probably the south ramp will be "moved" to the east so as to be able to fit the wide rhw2 at the intersection with the rhw3 (the same as the north ramp).

critiques are welcome  :thumbsup:
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

isii94

Another big one  ;D

Just to try if I can build a windmill.
MD coming soon...

rushman5

Figui, I actually think it is perfect as is!

compdude787

I posted a picture of this image on Simtropolis almost a week ago, but for those of you who don't follow ST and haven't seen it, here it is for your viewing pleasure: (click for full resolution)

It's actually two interchanges meshed together--part of it is an interchange with an avenue to provide local access to/from the freeway and the other part is a misshapen trumpet interchange, complete with braided ramps to reduce weaving and improve traffic flow.

My YouTube Channel

Gugu3

pierrebaptiste

Hello  :) ,

Two views of an interchange :

Several other interchanges :

isii94

These are pretty nice ones.

Some things you could improve:
- The first one looks very congested. Maybe you should upgrade it to avenue roundabouts or a real roundabout interchange.
- Get rid of that rail bridge over the motorway!!! Make the railway level and build an underpass for the motorway instead.
- You could use more smooth curves on the motorway in the top left corner of the fifth pic.
- Embankments look better than long bridges.

Hope I could give you some advise  ;)
MD coming soon...