• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyoungyn

Here is another favorite of mine the type that I find controls congestion the best.

dyoungyn

Here is another fine example of something that COULD NOT be possible without NAM.  Thank NAM Team for making this a reality.

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Swordmaster

Kergelen

The city tile I'm working on lately. I'm quite satisfied with the final result of this interchange.

Links to SC4 websites

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Gugu3

Hondacar1212

What do you think of my T?

APSMS

I think it's a little wider than it needs to be, but overall it's very nice. NAM 34 has some very nice tools for RHW, don't you think?
A good start to a RHW career.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Hondacar1212

Thanks,  its at the base of a mountain so i figured let's take up some space.
This is the second non cloverleaf free flowing interchange i have made.
I also built a trumpet at the bottom of the same tile

Terring7

It's time for a little challenge, fellas.

Is it possible to build this on Simcity? And if yes, how efficient it is?

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

dyoungyn

Clearly European.  It would be useful for those in incredibly urban environments where one does not care about congestion such as a downtown environment.

Themistokles

Quote from: dyoungyn on June 11, 2016, 05:12:42 AM
Clearly European.  It would be useful for those in incredibly urban environments where one does not care about congestion such as a downtown environment.

Rather American I'd say, we'd build a roundabout instead. And five lane roads are fortunately rather rare here. ;)

I am afraid taking that into SC4 would be rather laborious, given that it'd require a 3D puzzle piece. But I definitely think it's possible, given enough effort.

PS. I'm missing the pedestrian connection though, not to mention the bike lane :)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

wallasey

I'd say defiantly not European...more so as the trend these days is to get traffic and the associated negative effects away from urban areas. The air pollution from an intersection like that must be reaching illegal levels!

APSMS

Too reminiscent of a roundabout, and with too much weaving to be efficient at high volumes.

Too many left turns, and American roads don't typically have turnarounds (unless you count Michigan lefts, which I don't, and these are not).

Although, it may be possible with the current NAM. Won't be pretty, though.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

dyoungyn

My point exactly, in the USA, round-abouts are not typical I have mainly generally seen them popular in Europe.

Terring7

Build it! Stop talking, put the theories aside, open Simcity and built it! :D :D ;D
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

matias93

I think the best strategy is to start with a huge flat area and a wide distance between lanes of both routes, to build the interchange using the less possible overpasses and get functionality.

After that is archived, try to shrink and overlap the ramps. My guess is that that interchange could retain functionality down to a 8-tile wide lane separation, which is pretty huge for an urban avenue crossing.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

noahclem

I'm not even going to attempt the Terring Challenge  :D  Doesn't seem doable without making it too big to retain its urban character.

I finished a rather unique interchange recently that I thought I'd share. Here's most of the interesting stuff in my new airport interchange:

Haljackey

Oh nice airport spaghetti junction!

Progress.

Before:

After: