• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emilin

Good to hear from you again!

I must say that I suspected the reason for your silence to be what you are telling us now - and though I understand your feelings of loss - I don't think you are being fair to yourself. AntigOne is not lost - it is right here, where hundreds of people have viewed it thousands of times - and for my personal feelings: the enjoyment was never to see you develop the entire region from end to end, but rather to watch the details of every lot, from the dumpsters in the backstreets to the use of different grass textures for your amazing parks.

I do agree about this never being the way the game was intended to be played - lotting at your level isn't city simulation anymore, it is more like a having a miniature railway in your computer. By watching your work I have found a whole new game - and I never would have played SC4 for this long if I hadn't discovered all of that. Thank you!

I have come to view SC4 as a form of art rather than a simulation game (and you are very much the da Vinci of this particular artform). The downsides are of course obvious in that the burnout-factor is enourmous: all that work for something that very few people can actually understand, and you certainly don't get paid for doing it.

But as long as it's good - it's good. As long as it's fun - it's fun. And then you quit and do something else. There is no other way to do this.

And, above all: you owe us NOTHING! Never forget that. We have all come to AntigOne for our own enjoyment, not because we expect you to keep us entertained, but because we liked to watch all that you have done just as it is.

And as someone said earlier: this is probably the single most influencial city journal ever written. It will not be missed - it will be remembered!

So, come back if you want to come back - stay away if you need to. But make sure you have a wonderful life!

Bye Antigone! Bye Cedric!

/Emil

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

mightygoose

the best things in life are often fleeting....

farewell and i hope that this is not the last time i comment a badsim thread, however if it is, live graciously and have fun.

yours
appreciatively

john
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

thundercrack83

Hello, my friend!

I can't even begin to tell you how inspirational and groundbreaking your work with AntigOne has been here. You've changed the way we all look at the game in such a way that I don't think will fully be explored for years to come! It's been a great pleasure, to say the least, to follow along with you here, and I wish you nothing but best wishes in all your future endeavors, both SC4 and non-SC4-related!

Hope to see you around here in the future!

Dustin

Simpson

It's fantastic it's a very beautiful city and did you see my message  ()what()
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Yoman

Well I must say that this isn't exactly surprising, considering your long absence. But it is no less saddening than it would've been if it was sudden. It is terrible to hear that you've had LE problems (I had a few once also and was really dis hearted). And that you've lost interest, but real life comes first before Sc4 of course.

That being said you've been possibly my largest inspiration for Sc4. I don't strive to make functional cities, in fact they annoy me, sims needing jobs....think they'd find them themselves.....I do however love realistic and beautiful cities. And most of all unique cities, and that is what you've shown many of us here with Antigone. For the first time in awhile I'm quite happy with the way my cities are turning out, and I enjoy spending time in the LE, because I can basically do what I want without having to conform to the game's functionality rules, and I would've never explored this avenue if it were not for Antigone.

Hopefully Antigone will not close forever, however even if it does I do hope that you will continue to visit us here on Sc4D from time to time.

And so I will say farewell to probably the most influential MD ever written, and its incredible creator. Thank you.

Owen

sebes

Cedric - Antigone will never be lost - your creations are indelibly printed in my memories.  When looking at a lot of MD's I can see a strong Antigonique (Antigonish, Antigonical, whatever) influence. You can be VERY proud of that.
Antigone will always stay alive, no mather how long it will stay in the inactive MD sections. This MD is already a mythe, and it will only become more mythical with time dear friend. 
Stay good - enjoy life - and hope to see some comments from you now and then still on this site.  A big hug from Amsterdam. Sebes. ()flower()

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Mulefisk

Terribly sorry to hear about your condition. If it's any help, that last update completely blew me away. I mean really, you've just managed to lift the realism of Sim City up to a whole new level. I don't think there's ever been another cj is the history of Sim City that's had such a consistent high quality as AnigOne. After all that you've managed to do I can understand that you need a break.

This CJ is way up there with all the best, Olympia, SCR, Eldaremme, and others.

You've really made something to be proud of. If you want to go out with a bang, I have a suggestion for you. Simtropolis has a large amount of players that are new to Sim City. I'm sure a lot of them don't usually visit SC4d, so many of them have never seen this MD. I think people would really appreciate it if you, say for example, took all of your best pictures, and posted them in a thread over there. You could probably influence a lot of people.  If you want, of course.

Anyways, thanks for the pictures my friend. Hope you come back soon.

Heblem

Any chance you to share your works/lot/city ;D nvm, its a shame to see go this wonderful MD, i hope everything is alright.

Take care

kimcar

I`m terribly sorry for you my friend. I know how long is working on the LE and how many hours you pass on it. But be sure that Antigone is not dead. Your fantastic work gonna stay in our minds forever . Hope to see you back one of these days after your break. Take care of you and your family , and that was a real pleasure to enjoy your work and your friendship . See you my friend  :thumbsup:

sauron620

my god I have dropped the update! so excellent job, very good relotting (I recognized the Gaumont of Lacoigne  ;D)
the modern buildings do a super effect together  :thumbsup:

Bravo!

NikNik

Wll badsim you have been gone for two months? I have not been around in the last 4-5 months.  &mmm
Lack of time and too many kids around at home  :D

I love your latest stuff, even an unfinished mall is a masterpiece from your hands.

Take care.

Nik-Nik

XoX

je ...je dois avouer que c'est absolument magnifique,tu mérite bien ta réputation !!!!
la plus belle ville que j'ai jamais vue sur tout les point de vue  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

:thumbsup:
C'est dans les ténèbres que l'on voit la lumière...et dans la lumière que l'on voit les ténèbres...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5339.40

Simfan34

Wow, by joining I can finally say how amazing this CJ is!  ;D
Have you considered releasing some of your lots?

lucas

Sorry to the up topic but just say : your town is so winderful.. The wonderfulest!!! :thumbsup:(<=stranger word!! :D)

...It's no cool that you stop!! :'( :'( :'( I have one idea : your town is wonderful but you don't terraforming!! That il an idea for you..your imagination!!

One question : where do you found your diagonals canals oppie lots ??

I hope you write me... Good luck!!
To become good people...with Devotion!!

pvarcoe

A MD with no peer.

Thank you Badsim and take care.

Phil

Nardo69

Bad news but honestly I really do understand how you feel, I don't know how often I quitted without saving as I wasn't satisfied at all during the last weeks and months.

Guess we all need a break sometimes, we pushed the limits so high that it becomes sometimes difficult and frustrating to catch it up.

Take care my friend - I honestly hope that your inspiration will come back and that we will see you again here updating one day

Bernhard

thundercrack83

Congratulations, Cedric (Badsim)!

AntigOne has officially been inducted into the SC4Devotion Mayors' Diary Hall of Fame!

You have earned this honor, my friend. Enjoy it!

- The SC4Devotion MD Hall of Fame Committee

Ennedi

Congratulations Cedric!  &apls

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

bat

Yes, Congratulations on this "award"!!!

JoeST

VERY CONGRATULATIONS :) !!!!!!

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms