• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: Fresh Prince of SC4D on January 23, 2009, 01:22:41 PM
Traffic lights for RHW?

If traffic signals were to ever be added to the RHW, the best way to do it would be to have optional addons, rather than actually including them in the mod. 

The reason for this is that the RHW means so many things to so many different people, and it would be impossible to satisfy everyone.  I'd imagine that if I were to actually put up a poll question or open this up for debate here, there'd be about 10 pages of new posts tomorrow with people disagreeing with each other quite vociferously, which wouldn't accomplish anything.

If anyone wants to talk traffic signals, I'd recommend doing so in the Traffic Signals in SC4 Discussion Thread.  That thread is dedicated exclusively to discussing traffic signals/traffic control, including new signals and adding signals to intersections.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Edit: And chrisnhl50, to answer your question, the MIS Ramps are based on the same network as all the other RHW networks, and thus, have the same speed.  There's no way to change this.

Azert

sim-al2

(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

MandelSoft

I'm busy with eurofying Tarkus' textures. So far I've retextured the draggable RHW-4, RHW-6C and the straight, diagonal and corner sections of the RHW-2.

It is a mountain of work, and I've still a lot to do, so I'd say:

Bless you all, people who are making these textures.
The question is: do I have permission to do this or produce this? If so, that would be great!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Patricius Maximus

I hope you do get permission, because Euro elevated RHW looks great.

io_bg

Great work on the textures! &apls
Btw why there is grass around the median of the RHW6C on the second picture? I think it looks better with asphalt.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

MandelSoft

Well, I've seen no asphalt median in Western Europe. In fact, it's one of the the specifications of an highway.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

SimsReporter

I don't know if this is something new or old, but in the RHW 3.0, using the RHW 6 with the median in the middle, you can take out the 2 sides and leave the median which has 1 lane per side, making a 1 lane RHW!  "$Deal"$

Picture:

(Sorry for the lack of quality, and YES it is TE'd)
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.

Korot

That's what most of us call a RHW-2, which is included with the RHW 3.0 (and al previous versions), however, that one doesn't has a concrete median and has a hard shoulder.

j-dub

Well, its still two lanes, its just one lane divided in each direction. Unfortunately though your stuck with having to leave the extra space to make it possible. This is a similar concept to the AVE-2. In the future, the NWM project will allow this type of network to be built with buildings touching it with a sidewalk, so you don't have to worry about needing more room to make this possible.  

sim-al2

Umm... I gonna guess that nobody has noticed (or reveled $%#Ninj2) the fact that ShadowAssasin has updated (partially) the Euro RHW textures? :P
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Jonathan

He has?, on the LEX it says Updated: Never. And the one on the STEX is locked

Jonathan

deathtopumpkins

Well I wouldn't really expect him to upload them to the LEX right now, but he is definitely working on a new set, if you talk to him in ST chat or on msn. And I must say, they look spectacular ;)
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

smoncrie

Quote from: mrtnrln on January 25, 2009, 03:52:42 AM

Mrtnrln, I have been thinking about street lights on RHW.  Since it is a RURAL highway, the streetlights may not always have power.  To avoid streetlights that do not light up, I thought it might be a good idea to use streetlight props that only show up when there is power.  What do you think?

Tarkus

Quote from: mrtnrln on January 25, 2009, 03:52:42 AM
The question is: do I have permission to do this or produce this? If so, that would be great!

Most definitely. :thumbsup:  If anyone wants to modify my textures, even in a relatively minor way to re-create the particular markings in their part of the world, they are more than welcome to--distribution is fully permitted as well, as long as credit is given. :) 

They look excellent, too, by the way. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Patricius Maximus

Good. I can just imagine the texture variations that would be possible.

Floydian

Ok I've been looking but I can't find an answer... but how on earth do you make rhw6 go from orthagonal to diagonal? You can drag them to SOME extent, but a few pieces always go nutty. Using the puzzle pieces seems obsolete since you can only create S curves with them (No 90 degree turns) and since you can't drag out of them.

Any tutorials on making this work?

Tarkus

The puzzle pieces are actually the only way right now that works reliably, though as you've pointed out, they are just limited to 45-degree and S-Curves at this point. 

The draggable version of the RHW-6S is not pathed, and its existence in the new release is unintentional.

-Alex (Tarkus)

j-dub

What I have done is use left over 1x1 OWR diagonal stubs in between the missing areas of the diagonal RHW 6 to continue the traffic flow through a 90 degree bend. It takes more time and careful maneuvering to do it, but it does work. That will have to be explained somewhere later though.

jerred_p

I'm having trouble getting my diagonal 6 and 8 to work.  There is a piece missing for the diagonal that completes the puzzle.