• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: roadgeek on December 29, 2012, 02:50:02 PM
And then what we need is RHW6S to OWR-3 and RHW8 to OWR-4, and, and, and RHW10S to OWR-5....yeah, I know, NAM32.

One of those was NAM 30: 6S to OWR-3.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Wiimeiser

I don't suppose the OWR-MIS pieces will be a focus of NAM 32?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

SimcityMan123

Express to Collector and Collector to Express pieces like on the 401. Not basketweave

Tarkus

Quote from: Wiimeiser on December 29, 2012, 04:24:03 PM
I don't suppose the OWR-MIS pieces will be a focus of NAM 32?

It's unclear when we'll do something on that front.  There's implementation matters to work out, and the "Roads Division" of the NAM Team will be focused primarily on NWM development by all appearances.

-Alex

smileymk

I regret to inform you of a pathing issue involving the FA-RHW:

I'm using the LHD version of the game, NAM and RHW.
Traffic, both cosmetic and UDI, will not pass through the affected section.

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

memo

There has been some discussion about diagonal jagged edges mods in the NAM Team's Super Special Thread for the Month of November related to future L1-RHW networks.

I would like to bring to your mind that, no matter what "MaxNormalYForCliff" you have in use, it is always possible to swap a single terrain polygon's orientation using the puzzle piece trick which had been very common before the introduction of DJE Mods, if I recall correctly. Simply place a diagonal GLR puzzle piece on the specific tile, bulldoze it again and you are done. In a diagonal sunken highway setup, it works best for the bottom tiles, but with a little more trickiness for the upper tiles, too. This way you won't have any changes in the overall appearance of your cliffs.

Tarkus

Quote from: smileymk on January 01, 2013, 04:47:25 AM
I regret to inform you of a pathing issue involving the FA-RHW:

I'm using the LHD version of the game, NAM and RHW.
Traffic, both cosmetic and UDI, will not pass through the affected section.

We're going to need to completely revamp the 45-degree RHW-4 wide-radius curve pathing to align with the new design of the RHW-4 diagonals, so it'll get taken care of by NAM 31.  We aren't planning on releasing any RHW-related fixes until NAM 31.

-Alex

AngryBirdsFan436

You know, I have a prediction of when will NAM 31 will be released: NOVEMBER 2013! :P Just joking! Take your time ;)
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

jdenm8

Quote from: Tarkus on January 02, 2013, 12:39:06 AM
We're going to need to completely revamp the 45-degree RHW-4 wide-radius curve pathing to align with the new design of the RHW-4 diagonals, so it'll get taken care of by NAM 31

Nah, the one he's reporting is an FARHW curve. Clearly either I or ShadowAssassin have messed up the paths.

I might have a go at fixing it, playing through Mass Effect 2 at the moment and a fix (or at the very least a bodge to get it working) will probably come when I'm done with that (Not too long in other words).

EDIT:
I think I've found the issue. When the paths were made, somehow the coords used were completely wrong. I've just about fixed the problem. Traffic will appear to dart to the outside of the road surface when entering the piece (In LHD) or suddenly dart back into the centres of their lanes. To fix that would require me to go through and rebuild all the path files, something I won't consider since it'll all be thrown away in the next build. Fix is attached below.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Kergelen

I have problems with the RHW4 to RHW6S transitions. Both the cosmetic piece and the transition have the same problem.

I can't find where is the problem. &mmm
I have instaled Maarten Euro_cosmetic_Re-texture_mod and  Eurotexture for RHW by Maarten and Riga. Also the NAM Hotfix Package 301.

Any idea about what can cause the problem?

Links to SC4 websites

Gugu3

seems to me that you're using an obselete RHW euro texture!!!seems the one for RHW 4.0...

Tarkus

As Gugu3 pointed out, you're running the RHW 4.0 version of Maarten and Riiga's mod, which isn't compatible with the current version.  There's been an update to it for RHW 5.0, which can be found on the STEX.

-Alex

Kergelen

Ops!  :-[ Indeed, I had the version for RHW4.0. Too long without updating plugins.

Thanks to both :)

Links to SC4 websites

Gugu3

AngryBirdsFan436

Any more pictures for the developement  $%Grinno$% :P? If none, what's the update :)!
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

Architect_1077

Good question... how is the development of NAM 31 coming along?

Tarkus

It's coming along swimmingly.  There's not really much new that we can show at the moment.  Most of the items are pathed now (which took over 16,000 path files), and I'm in the process of doing an extensive syntax check on the RUL2 code.

-Alex

chosenreject

i have a question about rhw neighbor connections. I cannot seem to get mine to work. i have my rhw4 side by side so i dont use the loop connector like the readme says. just the two rhw4 pieces lined up with the correct colored lines. In the first city my traffic is shown flowing out and over the edge of the map. However when i open my second city i cannot seem to get the traffic flowing into it that was shown in my previous city. I place the neighbor connection pieces at the connection point in both city maps. am i only supposed to place it in the city where the initial connection is made?

ivo_su

Quote from: Tarkus on January 05, 2013, 11:19:55 AM
It's coming along swimmingly.  There's not really much new that we can show at the moment.  Most of the items are pathed now (which took over 16,000 path files), and I'm in the process of doing an extensive syntax check on the RUL2 code.

-Alex

Does that mean that all the hard part is behind you and all RUL2 lines are ready. On, drawing a Path, why are so many assumed (16 00), provided that it is quite easy and everyone can help it. However, the use of Ptath Creator this is a children's game. Is there any progress with the new video of NAM - secret weapon?

Tarkus

You are indeed supposed to place the NC pieces in both of the cities that are connected.  There's a number of different reasons why it may not be working.  Sometimes you need some game time to pass for the traffic simulator to factor that route into its calculations.  It may also be that there are easier ways for traffic to reach the other city tile, making the RHW route less desirable for commuters.

Quote from: ivo_su on January 05, 2013, 01:21:39 PM
Does that mean that all the hard part is behind you and all RUL2 lines are ready. On, drawing a Path, why are so many assumed (16 00), provided that it is quite easy and everyone can help it. However, the use of Ptath Creator this is a children's game. Is there any progress with the new video of NAM - secret weapon?

The hard part is not behind us.  Things are progressing, but there's still plenty of challenges.  No word at this point as far as further videos.

-Alex