• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Sultanate of Kalu Sabah: Massive Mosaic Overview of Capital

Started by Sky Guy, August 13, 2011, 10:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Excellent update. the two mosaics at the end are really wonderful. You've set the train station well in the environment. Sultan Khobel Miri Mosque is wonderful by night. I also really love the third picture, amazing. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

menglipanghuang

I love you forever!

Sky Guy

Welcome to part 2 of our tour of the capital. This is the final update showcasing it, but there will be many more on it's growth and other things in the future. Enjoy ;)

Bandar Sabah Part II

This update will be on areas I didn't show in the last one, so they might be a bit spread out...

And a little teaser of another area...

And yes, I know this update isn't quite as good as the last one, its more of a "here's some stuff I didn't show, so let me slap it in you face :P

REPLIES
Kelis: Thank you very much, that means a lot coming from you   ;D
Thomas Neto: Thanks a bunch! :)
nemanjanv7: Thank you, make good use of the buildings ;D
bat: Thank you for the nice comment :)
976: I am glad you liked it! Can't wait for some more in you MD  :thumbsup:
art128: Thank you a lot! I am glad you like it  ()stsfd() :P
menglipanghuang:Thanks for the comment :)

Kalu Sabah- A fast growing dynamic Southeast Asian Country

wallasey

Very good update there! I like how the highway twists and winds its way through the landscape. Very Well Done!

Tomas Neto

io_bg

You're off to a great start, I like your network layout! The highway in the last pic caught my eye :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

teddyrised

You haven't been to Asia before? This is very hard to believe - your network layouts and choice of buildings really mimic those found in South East Asia (including Malaysia, that is), and you've done an exceptional work in replicating them in your cities.

May I ask where did you get inspiration for the names? You must have had at least some basic knowledge of the Malay language, don't you?

Anyway, really amazing feat you have there. Keep it up!

Dantes

Wow, see the houses on the water look great! I like the picture very much.  :thumbsup:

sumwonyuno

I really like the details in the close ups.  The highway picture is really well done. :)

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Nanami

noahclem

Wow, nice work here  :thumbsup:  I'm particularly enjoying your rail-viaduct-over-water trick ;)

That last picture with the highway would be perfect if you got rid of that sharp bend on the left side of the road!

Looking forward to more....

Sky Guy

Welcome back. In this update we will be taking a closer look at how Bandar Sabah is growing, and what you can expect to see built in the next little while.

Also, I have re-done the history on the first page take a look HERE

Bandar Sabah has experienced rapid growth in the last few years. With new government policies bringing in money and jobs, that growth is only expected to increase. You saw a few of the projects currently in the works in the last update, but we will look at a few more today. Here is a GIF to demonstrate the growth the capital has had.

;D

I am not really sure where we will go in the next update. Maybe a new city? IDK- we shall see :P

REPLIES
wallasey: Thanks, the highway was a pain in the butt to do, :P but I am glad it worked out
Thomas Neto: Thanks a bunch! :)
io_bg: Thank you- I am glad you liked it ;D
Teddyrised: Nope never have, Thanks though it means a lot.  ;D With the names, I use online traslators as well as an atlas to combine and invent names.  :)
Dantes: Thanks for the nice comment
sumwonyuno: Thanks, my friend :)
976: Thank you, and I love yours ;)
noahclem: Thank you, lol I know I will see if I can re-work the road, but like I said above RHW can be a pain in rugged terrain  ::)

Tomas Neto

noahclem

Nice update again  :thumbsup:   I really like the way you did those seawalls around that mosque or palace!  &apls

Sky Guy

Sorry for the delay in an update- I started college, so I am pretty slammed :P

non-the-less, here is a small teaser like update of a small town south of Bandar Sabah. It is pretty popular with tourists, and is linked by a small two way raod to the capital. It also has a small airport averaging a few flights a day.

Yabar

Here is the small airport

A parting shot of one of the beaches

I can't be 100% sure when the next update will be, but I will try and get as much work as Ic an done ;D

Replies
Thomas Neto: Thanks a bunch, my friend.
noahclem: Thanks, it was a pain in the butt to get all those in place :P , but I like the look as well

Dantes

The driveway is in the picture you have succeeded very well. :)  I love the little DIAGONAL airport.  :)

Sky Guy

Welcome back! In this update we will look at Bandar Sabah's overcrowded airport and some solutions to solve it. We will also see what the "mystery construction" was, and maybe why people are a little upset. In this update, feel free to suggest some ideas, or designs for the airport problem. Enjoy!

;D

Don't forget to tell me anything you might like to see in the new airport, or RL airports you might want me to look at: you are the architects mentioned before :P

@ Dantes: Thanks for commenting, the airport was a last minute decision- I am glad you liked it ;D

Phew, that was a lot of responses to write :P

Dantes

Your region looks great.  :thumbsup: I'm curious if the new airport will look super modern. Again great pictures of you  &apls

wallasey

Great series of updates there, enjoying seeing how things develop over time!

Kergelen

I like the tropical feeling of your region.
The MMP work on the airport is good  :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites