• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

romualdillo's little BATs & Problems

Started by romualdillo, May 21, 2014, 09:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simcoug

Very nice - I love all the variations and textures.   :thumbsup:

juliok102013

Man, I'm making a latin city and this can be perfect  &apls &apls

vester

Keep it rolling  :thumbsup: Love what you shows. &apls

DebussyMan

Needless to say, I like them!
My only complaint is the roof texture, it looks too sharp and strong, a little less brightness-contrast my help them be easier on the eye and not distract so much from the facades.

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

romualdillo

DebussyMan Thank you!! I followed your advice and I hope you like the result.

vester Thank you!!

juliok102013 Thank you!! I'm trying them to match styles from different areas.

Simcoug Thank you very much!!

noahclem Thanks!! Perhaps you'll have to wait a little bit, because I want to add more models to the set before trying to release it!!  :-[

Now the in-game shots... I hope everything is OK!!

And now, it's time to go back to school. I think it looks too bright between all those buildings!!  :D

vester

Niiiiice. Looking at the first two pictures , I was thinking maybe ask for some buildings with two floors  ;D
Then the last two  :D
Maybe a 3rd floor as well .

Again what I can I say. Great work you are doing.  :thumbsup:

romualdillo

vester Thank You!!! Well, step by step... Who knows??

And now a little update

The school new appearance!

vortext

The buildings look great ingame!  &apls

As for the school, the facade is really nice, not too sure about the roof though. Also, isn't it on the small side for a school? By the looks of it, it'd have two classrooms at most.  &Thk/(

Quote from: vester on June 16, 2014, 03:15:19 PM
Maybe a 3rd floor as well

And maybe a 4th floor too, and a 5th, and a 6th . .  and . .  and. . :D
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

romualdillo

Hi vortext!

Does it look better now?

And yes, it's a small school with two classrooms only. It pretends to be what we call an "Unitary School" (Escuela Unitaria). This kind of school was used in rural areas (and not so rural) to teach boys and girls of different ages (separated by genders at that time) in only one classroom. The teachers had to prepare the lessons for the different grades present in the classroom (normally from 20 to 30 pupils). Then an inspector came to evaluate the children at the end of the year. The building is based on this other bigger building, which was a normal school.

https://www.google.es/search?q=escuelas+graduadas+de+cartagena&safe=off&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=D9OkU8GmCaab1AX5rIHoCg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=1297&bih=683#imgdii=_

I've tried to mod the building to have a capacity up to 60 pupils, but it doesn't work well, because for a population of 800 it only gets 2 or 3 pupils. I think it's because an association between capacity and demand...

Bipin

Very nice work. You've got an attractive, cohesive aesthetic going on there!

FrankU

The school is indeed nice. Also the surrounding wall looks good. But.... (There is always a but) I would do something about those freshly painted white doors in the backyard building! They are way too clean and give too much contrast with the rest.
Will we be able to put props inside the courtyard of the school, meaning: how did you do the LOD of the model? Please give us the opportunity to put props inside!

Great work all in all. And sorry I cannot help you with the capacity thing.

romualdillo

Thank you Bipin and FrankU!!!!!

About the school, the LOD is only a shape connecting both boxes, I had no problems by putting props inside:

btw, I changed the doors' colour.

And as you can see on the image, there's a new addition to the set, I hope you like it (as always if you see something strange or you dislike something, please tell me!!!)

Simcoug

I love the new additions - this is going to be a great set when complete  &apls

Kergelen

Nice new model. Remember me some buildings in my hometown.  &apls

Links to SC4 websites

romualdillo

Thak you very much Simcoug and Kergelen!!!!

I've done a new R$ building. I hope you like it!! I think I'm going to model other 2 or 3 buildings before doing the corner version of each model.

And here is the building in a row, to compare it with the others (I wanted some colour variation)

A new building I'm modelling. Nothing new at all...

Bipin

Lookin' good! Keep up the work, I like that you focus on more unique buildings as opposed to simply skyscrapers and the like.

isii94

The buildings look very nice.
They might look even better if you toned the texture a bit down. IMO they're looking a bit too bright in game.
MD coming soon...

romualdillo

isii94 Thank you!! I think they look so bright in the last pictures due photoshop: I didn't want to have so many independent pictures and photoshop always alters the colours.

Bipin Thank you!! Yes, I try to give to every building a bit of personality despite their similar structures.

And now, another little house of italian inspiration.

bap

Romualdillo, I really appreciate your latin-styled buildings and all effort you are making in providing a lot of variety. The architecture, the mix of colors, the rooftops and the exposed bricks in the back are very realistic details.  &apls  However, I do second the opinion that they might become even more realistic in game if the saturation of the colors are slightly reduced. Making them a bit less colored, more grayish, will provide a good flavour of weather deterioration to them, as if they are not brand new, but were built some years ago. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your work!

romualdillo

Hi bap!! Thank you for your nice comment!!

Thank you all for your comments and opinions. I thought the colours were correct, but perhaps they're still too bright for the game. (If you could look at the colours in my hometown, you'll understand why I have no eye for those issues). I'll retexture all the buildings, not only the facades but all doors, windows, roofs and other details, and share them again. I hope doing it properly this time, because it's a bit frustrating  ::) to repeat all the process. However, I'm very pleased for your interest in my buildings and I hope to release a good product at the end with all your help (that means that if I have to repeat it again to improve the result, I'll do, beacuse I'm a bit perfectionist).

What I want to know is if the school looks ok, or I have to make it grayer too, because I think it looks dark and gray enough... Perhaps only the roof, I don't know...