• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

United States of Simerica (USN)--Update 13: My First Cloverleaf interchange

Started by compdude787, July 22, 2014, 05:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compdude787

Dusting this thread off...it's been a while since I've posted! Anyway, I finally got a new video editor (Adobe Premiere Pro) because Windows Movie Maker wasn't working properly (it was messing up the contrast on all my videos and I was unable to fix that). That means I finally made a new video of me making a diagonal parclo A4 interchange, something that has never before been built in the SimWorld.

Earlier in the year, I recorded two videos in Ritzville. The first one is just a timelapse showing me developing the town of Ritzville as well as surrounding farms:
https://www.youtube.com/v/FB42ntKaRRI

As you can tell, the contrast is too high, due to Windows Movie Maker being messed up. I have no idea why that happened, and after being unable to get help on Microsoft's help forum, I decided to try out some other free video editors, none of which I really liked. The next video was recorded using one of those editors (it didn't even have a fade to/from black transition! :o ). It shows me building the outer extents of the suburbs in the Ritzville city tile as well as a diamond interchange on I-120:
https://www.youtube.com/v/03R9A59K6oM

And a picture of the diamond interchange:

And, finally, the new diagonal parclo interchange under construction along Interstate 220 in this video. With Premiere Pro, I can easily edit the videos (it has a bit of a learning curve compared to Movie Maker) and I will try and keep them under thirty minutes from now on. No more boring hour-long videos! Enjoy!! :popcorn:
https://www.youtube.com/v/QZsgx3aQxn4

Here are some pics of the completed interchange:

Also, I made an orthogonal parclo interchange in the city tile just south of Ritzville:

I know I really didn't get much SC4 playing in this year; I've really been sporadic about playing it. My New Year's Resolution will be to play SC4 more. :D But anyway, I hope to have another update posted in the next week or so of me building my first cloverleaf interchange. Yes, believe it or not, it is my very first cloverleaf. Stay tuned!!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

kbieniu7

Nice interchanges! I always have problems with preparing good slopes for ramps... thanks for the video :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

compdude787

So...it's been three months and I still haven't posted an update. I haven't even played SC4 since December, when I made the cloverleaf that's in this update. I really have suffered a lot from a lack of motivation to play SC4. Part of it is that I've been too busy, but really I've just occupied my time with other things. I bet I'll be more interested in SC4 when the next NAM update comes out...  :D

Anyway, I did a video of me making my first cloverleaf interchange. I filmed it in December, but it wasn't till now that I finally edited it and uploaded to YouTube. Enjoy!  :popcorn:

https://www.youtube.com/v/pcL0mUbKAEQ

And here's a couple of pictures of what it looks like:

I honestly don't know when I'll get back to SC4. Hopefully sooner rather than later...
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

siemanthepieman

Hopefully the motivation to play sticks now that you have dusted off the cobwebs and created a spiffy new interchange. Big interchanges are not so much my thing but I really enjoy looking at the city and rural scenes and the storyline of your MD - especially the storyline re: the addition of the CAM to your plugins and the reconstruction shots in update 6. Finished cities are nice to see but I always enjoy seeing how others play and build and 'remodel' their regions.

kbieniu7

That's really smooth! I'm not a highway man, I do not have a hand to build such nicely looking ramps, while you play with all possible angles and get an effect as it has been drawn from a circle!  &apls
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!