• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Gotham City

Started by Eddie, July 07, 2007, 11:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

LoL eddie your are terrible i will see if i can help you bump over to pg 3 LoL

well here we go eddie pg 3 for ya's and welcome to pg 3 btw

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Eddie

Donning the mask and persona as "the Batman" for the first time, Bruce Wayne questions Jim Gordon about Mafia leader Carmine Falcone, and establishes an uneasy alliance with the former Chicago officer.

patfirefghter: I am terrible, thanks for noticing.  :P And thanks for the much-appreciated bump.

Next Update: Gotham Harbor

Pat

hehehe the bat... that has to be the best closing line yet eddie... You are soo welcomed for that little bump...
speaking of which i will see you next update for the Harbours - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Eddie

Quote from: patfirefghtr on July 19, 2007, 05:45:29 PM
hehehe the bat... that has to be the best closing line yet eddie... You are soo welcomed for that little bump...
speaking of which i will see you next update for the Harbours - pat

Well, I thank you for your comment, but you seem to be the only interested in this little MD.  &mmm

Pat

I know the feeling Eddie... as in my MD only a couple people check it out...  dont worry they will come...

Krio

Well, don't get depressed. MD commenting in Devotion is smaller than in ST, because less members and the site is more for custom content where ST is more to show off cities.

Anyway, the BAT for the Wayne building is excellent choice, but I saw only one line leaving from each direction in the movie, you have 1,3,1,3 order? As I said in ST, the police station is boring and somekind of ugly because of Maxis, but also again excellent recreation. It's looks like the whole GCPD is crooked and a criminal gang, if so why Gordon get to live?

Eddie

I edited the update. It was missing half an entire page!

Eddie

I decided to skip the Gotham Harbor update because I wanted this CJ to be going at the same rate as the ST version. It just felt weird updating with a delay. That being said, you can see Gotham Harbor here.

Batman's first adventure has him intercepting Falcone's massive drug importing scheme, bringing the mob boss into custody at last.

patfirefghter: Well since you comment my MD every day, I'll stop by your MD so we'll both have some company.  :thumbsup: As you can see, I'm not as active here at Devotion and I hardly comment any MD's, so maybe your MD will be the one that changes my habits. By the way, I was looking at Oasis-The Wild West and I saw your comments there from last year. Good times.

Bengt: Well in the movie, it only SHOWED one line emerging from the building, and we pretty much saw only one angle of the building. They did mention in Begins that the train intersects right at Wayne Tower, so imagine a massive elevated rail/monorail system and how many tracks it would have.

As for Gordon being able to work with the GCPD, I assume you've read Miller's Year One. If you remember, in that story he is attacked by his fellow officers (Flass and company) for being an honest cop. It's their way of "breaking" him in.

Now, I'm not much of a fan for newspapers in MDs (no one reads them anyway), but I decided to include one for this update. The problem I have with newspapers is that no one is willing to read long blocks of text on the internet. That being said, you don't have to read this, but I thought it looks nice.

I also think that not enough MD'ers use real newspapers for inspiration and it loses the believability factor. I looked at various copies of the Los Angeles Times, the New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal to come up with this paper. Being in a journalism class in high school works wonders as well.

Next Update: No One Takes the Law into their Own Hands.

Emperor Stormont

Fantastic, I love how different this MD is, it's unique and it works.  &apls

I have lurked for a while, but no more. Really great work and I shall be returning (with comments of course)   :satisfied:

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Pat

OOOoooOOO eddie i love the paper and btw im one of the few who do take the time to read the papers LoL..
I have to be current and update to date with the world news you know what i mean... Also so "but we owe him
one for catching" grrr i hate being left hanging LoL... OMG Oasis The wild west brings back some good memories
for me now that was one good story there with how it devolped from a small time town to a full blown city,
i truely loved that eddie...  Its allways great to have company  :thumbsup:  I hope you do check out some
great MD's here, there are soo many to list that i comment on reguarly and really read them... but hey we
will see you same bat time for the next update - pat

bat

wonderful comics, Eddie!

Eddie

Commissioner Loeb issues a city-wide manhunt to catch the Batman.

Pat will hate this small update. :P

belfastuniguy: Glad you think it's unique...AND it works! Ha! Return again sometime...WITH comments!  :satisfied:

patfirefghter: "But we owe him one for catching..." Yeah, the full story's in the full newspaper...which I haven't made.  &mmm Oasis does bring back some good memories. It was my first ever CJ and I thought it was the greatest thing at the time. Now that I look back, the picture quality was horrible, the editing terrible, and yet people stayed with me. Thanks for commenting!

bat: Thanks, bat.

Next Update: Legally Insane

Pat

LoL Eddie you was kinda right i do hate small updates but it was a defintly a powerful one at that...
will see you tomorrow or later on this same bat time - pat

Eddie

Carmine Falcone threatens Dr. Jonathan Crane with handing over knowledge of his fear experiments to the authorities. However, the Scarecrow has a different idea on his mind.

patfirefghter: This will be a small update again, but the next one will be bigger. Hold on for one more day!

Dr. Jonathan Crane

A former professor of psychology at Gotham State University, Crane has since made a living through inflicting fear upon other people. His array of terror-inducing hallucinogens has earned him the name "The Scarecrow."

Next Update: The Narrows

tooheys

Hi Eddie, I know it was a couple of updates ago, but I went for a journet and visted the port update.

Nice work, and I think the night pic's add that extra touch. Looks great.  :thumbsup:

The GCPD HQ looks good too.

Will try to drop by a lit more regularily.

Cheers

Dave

Pat

Eddie that was great little bit about the scarecrow... ok i will hold out for one more day - pat

Krio

Comic-Scarecrow looks poorly, but movie version looks much more evil and better. I mean that stupid hat. Though you read my comment at ST about the harbour, so no reason to bring it here. Waiting the Narrows.

Eddie

The Narrows

Built on a swampy island off the coast of Gotham City, the Narrows was originally built as a massive public housing program to ease poverty in the inner city. However, the island eventually became overcrowded and polluted, and soon enough, the Narrows had established itself as the city's worst slum. Built on the same island, but obviously some distance away, is the mental institution Arkham Asylum. Government law prevents the Narrows from expanding to close to Arkham, so only half of the island is occupied, while the asylum takes up a vast area of wooden estate.

Note: This will be one of the few times where the SC4 location looks nothing like the scenes from the movie/comics. Building limitations will do that to you. Frogface's slums might've done the trick but they're hell to grow.

tooheys: Thanks for the comment. Glad you took the journet/journey to see the port.  ;)

patfirefghter: That one more day is here!

Bengt: Yeah, Scarecrow needs to be revamped in the comics.

Pat

Eddie that was a slummy update LoL.... BTW don't it feel great to have more then one to talk to here... I've seen  Gotham City at ST and wow talk about being popular LoL... I just love commenting here cause it seems so much more personal...  see you next update - pat

Yoder7652

this just keeps getting better...I love your choice of buildings to represent the comics and movies (particularly Wayne Tower), well done!