• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Omnian Confederation

Started by Leodido, August 30, 2009, 03:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leodido

Thank you all for your messages, it makes me all fuzzy inside ;)

At the moment I've finished the Omnian palace and I'll make update 3 as soon as possible. Work has begun on the commercial area around the central station, more on this soon!

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

djvandrake

Very much looking forward to it.  Impressive start.  You're quite accomplished with the lot editor and your attention to detail is impressive.  :thumbsup:

Leodido

djvandrake: Thank you for the comment. :)

Hello all, this the third update of Omnia.
Sorry for the delay but I had a lot of work and I'm going on holidays tomorow in Greece, so I could not play a lot.

I decided to enlarge my city size to 4x4 Km since I'm mainly making custom lot I could use more room and I feel more confortable with more tiles at my disposale. But to do this I had to replop all the buildings, it took me a little more time than expected but It was done in the end.

In the last update I said I wanted to improve the roundabout textures, I though they did not really look great and I did not want the crosswalk markings on the road, so I remade one texture to make it feel more European. I'm quite pleased with the result. My new texture is on the right and the texture on the left is the european retexture of the NAM roundabout done by SFBT.

The new lot for this update is the Omnian History Museum with its large plaza, where people can relax or go to the museum to learn about the history of their city. There is also a market where people can buy vegetables, fruits, kebabs and various other products. Here is a shot of this area of the lot.

And another angle.

And now the actual Omnian History Museum, which is Oslo Slottet Palace made by Praiodan an awesome bat.

The other side of the building.

I wanted to show you an overview of the market area, here it is.

And to finish this third update, a night shot overviewing the Omnian History Museum!

I hope you enjoyed this update, more to come soonish!

Léo.

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

Glowbal

I like your work with the LE. You really have a nice style. Yet, I must say I'm not really found of the walls you used.

Cheers!  ;)
- Glow

gottago

Very handsome start to your city but I'm a bit surprised you're mega-lotting all those superb Polish buildings--they can all be plopped as they come as LM lots. And I have to agree with the post above--the brown embankment you chose is very flat and dead-looking. Mas has done some excellent stone walls that would look very good there.

FrankU

You do a beautiful job.  :thumbsup:
It's just going to take you an awful lot of time to plop a whole city this way.... But I am sure it is fun to do and it definitely is fun to watch.

io_bg

I agree with Frank, it'll take you years to make a whole city lot by lot... Great job, looking forward to more!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Battlecat

This is continuing to look great!  Nice job on that huge park area surrounding the history museum! 

djvandrake

&apls  Beautiful work on your history museum.  :thumbsup:  Your selection of flowers to complement your lot looks nice too.  I always struggle with that.

BarbarossaS

Beautiful update, the museum and the park in fornt of it are looking great!  &apls
And I really like your retexture of the roundabout, no offense to Andreas, but I think yours is way better  :thumbsup:
Do you think you could release it?

-Stijn-

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

citymax

Engorn

jimbo_jj

I like those huge plaza areas around the museum. You really did a great job! :thumbsup:

-James
Coming Soon to SimCity 4 Devotion: Alterren: The New World City
An MD by Jimbo_JJ

mmorales2

What an amazing start so far. I love it and the big plaza is amazing. Question, where did you get the small street roundabout from? I have bee despreatly looking for that. Anyways, keep up the good job. :thumbsup: &apls
COMING SOON!!!!
XION, THE LAST BASTION

danielcote

Great progress! especialy on the history museaum!

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Tomas Neto

Great work, this plaza is very nice!!!  :thumbsup: