• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Imperial Republic of Elytheria (Updated: 14/04/2007)

Started by M4346, January 27, 2007, 10:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kokopelli

Welcome to Page 4

Sorry to take so long to reply. We had a tagedy in my office last week. A fellow attorney was hit by a farm tractor and killed while riding his bicycle. He was a brilliant lawyer and a good friend.

Anyway, you had asked about my user name. Kolopelli is a Native American deity associated with fertility, replenishment, music, dance, and mischief among several Southwestern cultures like the Hopi and Zuni. His image, in additon to being my avitar, is found in pre-Columbian rock paintings throughout the the Four Corners area. (New Mexico, Arizona, Utah and Colorado meet. The only place in the U.S. where four states come together at a single point). I chose it as a user name because live the the Southwest (El Paso, Texas) and my current SC4 project is a desert region along the lines of Casa Grande, Savannah Way and Crystal Junction. I started to post it as a CJ over at Simtopolis, but then I made the "mistake" of re-reading MrCinatit's tutorial on terraforming and ended up re-forming my entire region. I'm now re-developing the region and hope to post it again as an MD here someday. But with MDs like this one, 3RR and AntigOne, I have a ways to go before it is ready for posting.

emilin

This is really shaping up nicely. The last update shows some amazing progress. I wonder how on earth you manage to find the time to do all that in such a short period of time, and still with such a high level of detali. &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

M4346

I feel like a total idiot, almost sneaking up to my MD, to post this which might seem like yet another excuse. But I think I've learned not to underestimate the verocity of real life, and it makes perfect sense to me to post this and not feel ashamed about it. Although I do regret, and feel stupid, for not coming through on my promised update which was scheduled for Wednesday, why? Because I was raised with the idea that you keep your promises. I do then have to apologise for that.  :(

But, I have to put off this MD indefinitely, not that I'm finished with it, or giving it up, just that I cannot promise when I will update again. And yes, it breaks me to have to do this, especially considering your amazing support thus far, which is truly appreciated and has kept me going at an amazing pace in SC4 - and I still am - but I just don't have the time to update. I know that must sound incredibly weird.

Doing two degrees finally hit me this week and the workload is immense - something I initially underestimated. I have taken my fifth language and am writing my first test on it on Monday next week - I only began with it today. (If you're wondering, I'm now learning Zulu. :P) I have a news feature article due on Thursday, for which I should still do research and write it, and I am also writing a test on Friday in Political Science: Political Behaviour, and have my boyfriend's 21st birthday dinner, and party, coming up on Friday too. This week is totally out of the question for updating, and maybe even next week too.  :'(

I'll respond to your comments now, after which I will be putting this MD on the proverbial shelf for at least two weeks. I'm sorry.  ()sad()

Quote from: praiodan on February 15, 2007, 02:30:29 AM
Ah... this sounds like some fabulous romantic moments to me and as I read through this I felt a bit envious, though I actually don't have to cause I had a good day with my bf as well  ()stsfd()

And don't worry that you didn't got an update ready, take all the time you need to take some more great pics  :)

The great pics are made, I just have to load SC4, take them, edit them, put together an update and then update! But damn I wish I could!  :( And I actually don't want to take them just yet as my city-building skills are failing me and I don't like the way it has turned out thus far.

Thanks Praiodan, and I'm glad you had a fabulous V-day too. :P

Quote from: Kokopelli on February 15, 2007, 09:05:57 AM
Welcome to Page 4

Sorry to take so long to reply. We had a tagedy in my office last week. A fellow attorney was hit by a farm tractor and killed while riding his bicycle. He was a brilliant lawyer and a good friend.

Anyway, you had asked about my user name. Kolopelli is a Native American deity associated with fertility, replenishment, music, dance, and mischief among several Southwestern cultures like the Hopi and Zuni. His image, in additon to being my avitar, is found in pre-Columbian rock paintings throughout the the Four Corners area. (New Mexico, Arizona, Utah and Colorado meet. The only place in the U.S. where four states come together at a single point). I chose it as a user name because live the the Southwest (El Paso, Texas) and my current SC4 project is a desert region along the lines of Casa Grande, Savannah Way and Crystal Junction. I started to post it as a CJ over at Simtopolis, but then I made the "mistake" of re-reading MrCinatit's tutorial on terraforming and ended up re-forming my entire region. I'm now re-developing the region and hope to post it again as an MD here someday. But with MDs like this one, 3RR and AntigOne, I have a ways to go before it is ready for posting.

First of all, thank you very much for answering my question and clearing that up! What an interesting name it is then! I love it!  :thumbsup: And don't worry about taking time to reply, I totally understand, and am truly sorry to hear about the tragic events that unfolded.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and for everything, and I hope to have an update ready soon. I'm sorry, yet again, about the loss of your friend.

Regards,

Marius

Quote from: emilin on February 15, 2007, 12:19:08 PM
This is really shaping up nicely. The last update shows some amazing progress. I wonder how on earth you manage to find the time to do all that in such a short period of time, and still with such a high level of detali. &apls

Thanks Emilin! It's always great to hear from such an amazing and accomplished MDer such as yourself!

I am truly trying really hard to juggle everything, including SC4, and I'm sure that what I've done thus far would not disappoint you, it's just getting it here that takes forever. I need to finish such a small part of the new update and then it's ready, but time is not on my side.

But thank you for being patient, and for the support, yet again.

I hope to have an update really soon, and I'm sorry to disappoint you.  :D

And because Kokopelli put me on page 4, there will be a little surprise for him in the next update... Don't you just love secrets? :P

Regards,

Marius
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Asahi

So I'm writing in this MD for the first time, but -M-, that's the right decision you've made. It's only a game, after all, and you should never feel compelled about it.

"Now Asahi, why can't you be more like M4346 and have your priorities sorted?"
"But Mom! I just started working on this city 5 minutes ago!"

... now what was that...

Um, so, anyway, good luck on your writings! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
あさひ

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Gaston

M my friend, please take all the time you need for this next update.   None of us are in the least bit upset at the wait.   We all understand that real life has to come first.    I'll keep looking forward to the next one.

Your friend,
---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

kwakelaar

Like Gaston says, there are indeed things more important than Simcity and you just make your updates when you have time and feel like it. This should be fun, remember.

Kokopelli

Thanks your your condolence. I was wondering how you were going to handle such a rigorus academic load. I understand your studies come first. Know that I will be here to view your next post when it is ready. Until then, good luck with your studies. I don't know how you can handle five languages. I have a hard enough time with this one.

thundercrack83

Sorry to hear that you'll be putting Elytheria on the backburner for a while. I'll be looking forward to its return!

dedgren

Marius-

Hey, many others have taken a break.  IMHO their MDs/CJs returned better than ever.  No doubt in my mind that will happen in your case.

You might want to PM me and let me know how long you think Elytheria might be on hiatus.  I can then discuss with jeroni and Colyn whether we should take action to keep it visible and available while it is not being updated.

Good luck in your studies!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

sebes

Marius, I have been caught by RL myself for the past weeks, and finally had some time to read MD's. You do a great job here. So, take your time to learn all your languages  :thumbsup: (I love learning languages -just wish I had the time to do as you!). So, see you back here....  Laterzzzz
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

petercintn

Quote from: Gaston on February 19, 2007, 11:55:35 AM
M my friend, please take all the time you need for this next update.   None of us are in the least bit upset at the wait.   We all understand that real life has to come first.    I'll keep looking forward to the next one.

Your friend,
---Gaston

I don't know, :'(

Of course Gaston is right.  5 languages!  I'm impressed.  I c'ain't even talk my own dat good. lol  Good luck with your studies and we'll be right here when you return.
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

M4346

I know this isn't much of an update, but it's all that I can manage for the time being... Thanks for your ongoing support, understanding and kind words. It is appreciated, and I am burning to fire up SC4 and present you with a proper update, but I just can't pinch off the time...

David, while I'm at it, I'd prefer if this MD stays open and "normal" for the time being, and I'll cite Jeronij's 60 days limit/ cut-off period for that. I might just update it before then, but I think we can take it from there, if I don't. Thanks!  ;D

Anyway... without further ado.

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

petercintn

Nice information.  Got this MD on call back so I don't miss your updates.  Good luck!
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

pipishere

I saw your newspaper on the SCJU site but thought i'd comment on here instead. Very nice notes and nice paper too -M-  ;)

emilin

The story seems to go in the direction of an alternative Swaziland. Is that what you are going for? Anyway, you shouldn't appologies for giving us more background info. This MD is as much about the people and the history as it is about the actual development - at least that's the way I read it.

Good one, looking forward to more when you find the time.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

thundercrack83

Very interesting little update you've given there, a creative take on African politics, particularly the African Union. I can't wait to see some more when you get everything up and running again. Good luck!

bat

Cali

very nice update indeed &apls, i love the info you supplied with it :)
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Gaston

Wow M my friend,
   Thanks for a most interesting newsletter.     I am fascinated by what other countries' currencies look like.    I never knew what a ZAR note looked like.   They are very kool looking.   I love the animals and the colors.    Not like the U.S. we only recently started putting any color on our currency.    And we ofcourse have pictures of dead presidents.   LOL    I like yours better.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

NikNik

So many MD's so little time. I am sorry that I have not come around in replying more often here.
But what am I rambling about, you are doing 2 degrees and studying a fith language too  :o

Great newsletter. I like those bills, my kids too (they are realy into wild animals).

I promise to visit more often.

Nik-Nik