• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Somewhere in my Mind

Started by Flipside, February 14, 2007, 12:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flipside

Pat: Saint Hell is like jail; nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there.  ;D ;)

Bat: Thank you, Bat!

Thundercrack: More is coming in the near future. :) Thanks fo stoppin' by.

One thing I should throw out there to you folks - my Artika Mayor Rating! That came about not after the disasters destroyed the city, but actually after I rebuilt it a bit and knocked down a bunch of low-income towers to relocate the residential elsewhere. I've never actually had a totally negative Mayor Rating before! But I guess the Sims of that city had only a limited patience for the mayor's bulldozing whims ... it just plunged after that ...

It's a bit odd since the city's other numbers (Health, Education, Safety, etc.) are pretty good (not great, but certainly not horribly awful as the Rating suggests). Anybody have this happen?

The Rating has recovered a tiny bit since, but it still deeply in the red zone. game quirk, or ... ???

Flipside

I said there's more - there is.  ;D

City of the Vanished, City of the Salt Springs Eternal.

The Southernmost tip of the city was, in the past, never heavily developed.

But that changed when nearby condo owners wanted to spruce up the area (and jack up their rents) with a seaside attraction ...

Some other shots from around the city ...

The international airport is undergoing an embellishment.

Obriell Park is expanded.

The University commissions a monument which looks suspiciously like the Coit Tower in San Francisco.

A beautiful new school for the youth of COV-COSSE sits beneath the glittering 'scrapers ...

That's it for now. :)

bat

Great pictures! Wonderful river! :thumbsup:

Flipside

Thanks so much, BAT ... but ... what river? The Pegasus canal? &Thk/( ;D

thundercrack83

Hey, Flipside! I love your pier area that you have there! It looks fantastic! I can't wait to see more of your airport, too! Keep up the great work, my friend!

Flipside

Thanks, Thunder.  ;D

I want to show you all a city to the immediate East of COV-COSSE. I call it Censor city, and it's small - only one game tile ...

Smoggy, scuzzy.

But also large and fast-growing ... the slum of Grudglingville would spring up, a reaction to the concentration of dirty industry nearby ...

The time came to spruce up the nicer areas of the city.

I really like the finished product, for whatever reason. That's a city with character, if you ask me. ;)

Flipside

The city of Aravan to the extreme West of the region ... one might say it is Somewhere in My Mind's answer to Jerusalem, or Mecca or Medina, or Paris, Texas, etc,.  ::) It is the place where holy Sims go to pray for their neighbours and thank their ever-lovin' Mayor ... I mean, God, for all they have. A beautiful thing, really.

The word on the street is that the Old Cathedral you see there will soon be augmented by several other structures of goodwill and piety.  ;)

Not far South of Aravan is Awning Drip - an aspiring boomtown. The city fathers have been angling to secure an airport which would connect the Western cities with the rest of the region. So far they have been unsuccessful ... but they have a nice little downtown seen at night. ;)

And there is no weakness in the industrial sector, either ...

More later, Gators.  :P :thumbsup:

Snaper

Great update  ;) I like  :thumbsup:

But on the penultimate image, I think that there are too much even bulding  $%Grinno$%

thundercrack83

Great update, Flipside! Your downtowns look great, and I love the cathedral, too! And you're correct, there is no weakness in the industrial sector. I'll be looking forward to more, my friend!

Flipside

Quote from: Snaper on May 31, 2007, 02:35:02 AM
Great update  ;) I like  :thumbsup:

But on the penultimate image, I think that there are too much even bulding  $%Grinno$%

Thank you for comin' by, Snaper!

You're right about the, ahem, penultimate image.  ;D I just let Maxis run wild with that city; I haven't exactly sculpted it to a tee. Just thought that the night shot looked nice.

Thundercrack: I'm happy you like it!!!  ;D

Flipside

The mining town of Mansfield-upon-Dervish ... maybe one day it'll spawn a poet or two ... ;)

Mmm, industry.  ::)

rooker1

Wow....that was a lot of pictures.  I just noticed in the last few pictures, you don't use a slope modd.  Your rail tracks look like a roller coaster. LOL  None the less great update.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Flipside

Quote from: rooker1 on June 05, 2007, 08:02:40 AM
Wow....that was a lot of pictures.  I just noticed in the last few pictures, you don't use a slope modd.  Your rail tracks look like a roller coaster. LOL  None the less great update.

Robin   :thumbsup:

No, no slope modd. Have never investigated the question either. In real life, rail tracks go up and down hills, make turns, all that. I didn't think the tracks I do deviate too far from reality.

urban

Nice Update, but

PS: I would turn off these U-Drive it buttons ;)

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

bat

Quote from: Flipside on May 24, 2007, 10:21:51 PM
Thanks so much, BAT ... but ... what river? The Pegasus canal? &Thk/( ;D
Yes I mean the pegasus canal! ;)

and the new updates are wonderful! Great work! :thumbsup:

Pat

Hey flip awsome updates and great job here  &apls &apls &apls
Just one mind boggling question where did you get this school????

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Flipside

Quote from: urban on June 09, 2007, 08:17:34 AM
Nice Update, but

PS: I would turn off these U-Drive it buttons ;)

Yeah, I know, that bugs people. I'm lazy, what can I say. :D

Thanks for your reply!  ;D

Bat: Hi Bat! Thanks for the kind words!

Pat: Do you mean the Madison High? It was (is?) on the STEX. :)

Pat

LoL yuppers Flip i think thats the one hmm strange pics aint showing for me and i know for a fact i
didnt delete it hmm?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

I love this MD!  Flipside, you've got a casual and laid back approach that really adds to the ambiance here.  Your interaction with your readers is really great, too.  The MD equivalent of a good time!

Just a few more page views, and it's on to the Best Sellers.  See you over there.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Flipside

Quote from: patfirefghtr on June 14, 2007, 01:26:03 AM
LoL yuppers Flip i think thats the one hmm strange pics aint showing for me and i know for a fact i
didnt delete it hmm?

No idea, Pat! It's working for me! Maybe when you were lookin' my page view allotment from photobucket had run out for the month. :-[  :thumbsdown:

David: Thanks for the kind remarks. What can I say ... I GET LETTERS!  :P I like to hear what people are REALLY thinking, so it's nice that so many have unburdened themselves of their thoughts and advice in this thread.  ()stsfd()

I've had to neglect SimCity and this site the last little while. I've been working a lot! In a few weeks, I'll have more time, I'm sure. Then I'll have another update. Until then!