• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - inCAMpatible Mods

Started by RippleJet, August 03, 2007, 05:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

Looks like it did get locked, even tho the mod thought it worked.

Well good catch Dita...

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

RippleJet

Uroncha's recent mod "Farm Mod" has been added to the list of inCAMpatible mods.

There are four files included in that mod. Two of them are inCAMpatible:

Developer_I-R_DemandSourceCS$_ReduceTrafficEffect.dat
Developer_I-R_ReduceTrafficEffect.dat

The other two files included only add a building value and water consumption to farm fields.
None of these files are inCAMpatible:

FarmFieldTax.dat
FarmFieldTaxWater.dat

Thanks Uroncha also for mentioning in the readme that your mod isn't CAMpatible! :thumbsup:

CasperVg

It's not really a mod, but is this download CAMpatible?
Marrast Euro Housing - BSC Custodianhttp://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=16826

From the description:
This set includes 40 low wealth housing lots. They are all growable and fully replaces standart SC4 low wealth EURO housing lots exept small houses and hi-rises.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

RippleJet

Yes, since Marrast's R§ Euro Housing replaces all in-game R§ midrise buildings and lots (stages 4-7), it is CAMpatible.
None of those houses or lots have been changed in CAM 1.0. ;)

papab2000

I have a question regarding a comment I seen in an earlier post talking about the model files. My question is: If I download a CAMpatible building file from the CAM list am I to understand that I only need the model file and none of the lot files, desc files or dependencies? I would like to be clear on this so I don't run into any issues.

Thank you,
Rich

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

superhands

looking through my plugins and well found this:

Plugin_180year_Abandonment_Modd.dat (examplar: building development.)

nerdly_dood

Where can I find the BSC No Maxis Mod? (the one that changes the growth stage of all Maxis buildings to 255)

I recently installed the CAM, and did so just a few moments after installing DuskTrooper's Block All Maxis mod.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Diggis

Quote from: papab2000 on August 28, 2008, 10:33:54 PM
I have a question regarding a comment I seen in an earlier post talking about the model files. My question is: If I download a CAMpatible building file from the CAM list am I to understand that I only need the model file and none of the lot files, desc files or dependencies? I would like to be clear on this so I don't run into any issues.

Thank you,
Rich

If you download a CAMeLOT that references an external building download then you only need the building from the external download and the Lot file from the CAMeLOT download.

nerdly_dood

Found it easily enough, thanks.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

deathtopumpkins

Speaking of that BSC No Maxis Mod nerdly mentioned, I've been trying to use it for months now, but it doesn't seem to work.
Is there any specific place within your plugins folder the dat files have to be? I've tried leaving them in the main Plugins, and I've tried them in a subfolder, but the Maxis buildings just keep growing.
And it is supposed to be CAMpatible, is it not? If so, anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

papab2000

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

RippleJet

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on August 29, 2008, 07:18:03 AM
Speaking of that BSC No Maxis Mod nerdly mentioned, I've been trying to use it for months now, but it doesn't seem to work.
Is there any specific place within your plugins folder the dat files have to be? I've tried leaving them in the main Plugins, and I've tried them in a subfolder, but the Maxis buildings just keep growing.

It needs to be loaded after CAM itself (which is in the a_CAM folder).
Thus, keeping it in the plugins root is not a good idea.
Any subfolder loaded after a_CAM should suffice though (e.g. the BSC folder).

And it is supposed to be CAMpatible, is it not?

Yes!

If so, anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Difficult to pinpoint... ::)
1. Are you sure you have all BSC Maxis blockers installed (there's one for each RCI type)?
2. You do not have any custom lots installed that use Maxis buildings as props?
3. I think there is one or two CS lots that for some reason were left out from the blockers...

Do you think you could list the names of those Maxis lots/buildings you've had growing despite the blockers?

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: RippleJet on August 29, 2008, 01:35:58 PM
It needs to be loaded after CAM itself (which is in the a_CAM folder).
Thus, keeping it in the plugins root is not a good idea.
Any subfolder loaded after a_CAM should suffice though (e.g. the BSC folder).

OK, I'm going to try them in their own folder with a z in front of it to ensure that it's loaded after (I didn't keep the BSC folder when I recently reorganized my plugins folder. Stuff got split up by type).

QuoteYes!

That's what I though.  :)

QuoteDifficult to pinpoint... ::)
1. Are you sure you have all BSC Maxis blockers installed (there's one for each RCI type)?
2. You do not have any custom lots installed that use Maxis buildings as props?
3. I think there is one or two CS lots that for some reason were left out from the blockers...

Do you think you could list the names of those Maxis lots/buildings you've had growing despite the blockers?

1. No, is that necessary? I'm currently only using the I-R, I-D, I-M, and CS$ ones, as I don't have very many custom I-HT and CO lots, though I think I will start using the CO ones, and I don't think I have really any custom R upper stage (but below CAM) buildings.
2. That I probably do... Not sure off the top of my head. Why, would that throw it off?
3. Well the CS I never really get a maxis lot anymore anyway, what with all of SimGoober's lots! Maybe an occasional maxis one, but CS isn't really a problem anyway.

As for listing the ones that still grow, all the Maxis farms and I-D and I-M lots have still been seen growing recently, along with the very rare CS building.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: After playing the game for a little while with the Maxis blockers definately loading after CAM, I noticed that all of the stage 1 and 2 Maxis farms were abandoned due to a lack of water. I'm assuming this means that it worked because the Maxis blockers work by changing the growth stage of all the Maxis buildings (if I'm not mistaken), and raising the stage of the buildings causes them to require water, thereby causing them to become abandoned. So I guess that means they work for me now...

RippleJet

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on August 29, 2008, 06:01:14 PM
1. No, is that necessary?

No, of course not! ;)

2. That I probably do... Not sure off the top of my head. Why, would that throw it off?

The blockers only block those lots from growing that Maxis made.
They won't block custom lots using Maxis buildings from growing.

As for listing the ones that still grow, all the Maxis farms and I-D and I-M lots have still been seen growing recently, along with the very rare CS building.

That would indicate that those growing are not Maxis lots, but rather custom lots using Maxis industrial buildings...

EDIT: After playing the game for a little while with the Maxis blockers definately loading after CAM, I noticed that all of the stage 1 and 2 Maxis farms were abandoned due to a lack of water. I'm assuming this means that it worked because the Maxis blockers work by changing the growth stage of all the Maxis buildings (if I'm not mistaken), and raising the stage of the buildings causes them to require water, thereby causing them to become abandoned. So I guess that means they work for me now...

That's a very good and useful comment, deathtopumkins! :thumbsup:
I honestly didn't think about that when the blockers were released.
Besides, I doubt anybody during testing would have wanted Maxis farms to grow in the first place anyways...

I've had an idea for a new version of the blockers though, and I will definitely have to revert to that soon now!

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: RippleJet on August 31, 2008, 01:59:47 AMThe blockers only block those lots from growing that Maxis made.
They won't block custom lots using Maxis buildings from growing.
Oh that's fine. I only have a few buildings using Maxis buildings as props, and I'm fine with them still growing.

QuoteThat would indicate that those growing are not Maxis lots, but rather custom lots using Maxis industrial buildings...
No, I don't think so. The industrial ones were just the plain old Farley's Foundry, MPR Metals, and Bella Barium that have always grown. I haven't tried developing an industrial area since getting them to work though, so I'm not sure if they will work.

QuoteThat's a very good and useful comment, deathtopumkins! :thumbsup:
I honestly didn't think about that when the blockers were released.
Besides, I doubt anybody during testing would have wanted Maxis farms to grow in the first place anyways...

I've had an idea for a new version of the blockers though, and I will definitely have to revert to that soon now!
Really? Thanks.
I'll be looking for those new ones soon!

planetechef

hello everyone, this mod is not on the list, so i presume it will work with the CAM, no?
Buildings Ploppable Mod or under a other name the extra cheats code DLL
because i love this one, i mean, when you want a specific building just on a right place. so i hope it s ok  &mmm
& coming soon "Sakura Republic".

rooker1

planetechef,
There is no problem using this modd with the CAM. 
Except for the fact if you use this too much in your city without the proper demand you could throw your city out of whack.  Not very technical, but I'm sure Ripplejet will be around soon.  ;)

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

planetechef

thanks very much, don't worry, i use this mod only when i want a special building on a special place, you know sometime you have 2 building who go together very well, but it s a another one who get the place so a small plop, anyway, no funny to plop too much as well  ()sad()
& coming soon "Sakura Republic".

RippleJet

Thanks Robin for providing a quick reply! :thumbsup:
As he said, there's nothing inCAMpatible with plopping buildings or using any of the Extra Cheats.

Before you start plopping too many buildings, you might want to read this though: ::)
Ploppables with Jobs and Residents. Why not?