• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdenm8

If you want to, I could probably start pathing those, just throw the textures up on the RAM board. It'll be one less thing for you to do then.

Also, dunno if I should have mentioned it before, but there's a gmax camera rig that Jondor (I think) made which can build the textures very similarly using Lofts. I've tried it myself and it's actually rather simple and a real timesaver and cuts out a lot of the more tedious alignment stuff.

EDIT:  Thanks, jd.  First thing this morning after a few hours in bed. -de

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

art128

David, i've seen myself the exact thing as you. And not only on the MD broads but also in the competition and the show us yours etc. I remember when I first went here, it was like as you said 20 comments or so, now it's barely 10.

Also, you're right. I don't comment a lot of MD too, but not by lack of interest, more by lake of thing to say. Most of the time I can spend almost an half an hour searching for something decent more than " It's beautiful " to say. On an other hand, you're absolutely right. And I'll make an effort to comment more MDs than I comment actually.

Lets get back to the textures, it looks wonderful as always, David. Each time I stop by I'm speechless regarding the amount of amazing work you put here.

Arthur.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

joelyboy911

I know what you mean David. And, well, you've convinced me to comment. :P

I'm not sure if the community has entered a decline, or if SC4D's loss has been Simtropolis, or elsewhere's gain, but I've felt like the forums here have been very quiet all around. I'm guilty of contributing to it myself, as I've been working away behind the scenes on BATs and projects but could never really be bothered to type up a post lately. I guess I wasn't getting the same thrill, probably because there were fewer comments. It's a vicious cycle!

Anyway, Good on you for getting on the soapbox, and those railroads are looking fantastic. Thanks for all the work you do!

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Badsim

Hi David ,

That's a lot of meticulous work of creation , very interesting to follow  ; thanks to take the time to show us it ! ( I guess that , considering the weight of your responsibilities in RL , it must be rather relaxing on another side  ::) ) . I think this is something for what I would have enough patience too ...

Well , looking at what you did with rail curves pieces/junctions , I'm playing with photoshop to « materialise »  some of the possible goodies to come ...

Héhé , less than 10 minutes for that picture ... if only It was so easy to satisfy our innovations appetite . :P

Greetings !  :)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

gn_leugim

&apls &apls

I have to say you are amazing! amazing work :)

Kergelen

Quote from: joelyboy911 on January 07, 2012, 03:51:17 AM
I know what you mean David. And, well, you've convinced me to comment. :P

I'm not sure if the community has entered a decline, or if SC4D's loss has been Simtropolis, or elsewhere's gain, but I've felt like the forums here have been very quiet all around. I'm guilty of contributing to it myself, as I've been working away behind the scenes on BATs and projects but could never really be bothered to type up a post lately. I guess I wasn't getting the same thrill, probably because there were fewer comments. It's a vicious cycle!

Anyway, Good on you for getting on the soapbox, and those railroads are looking fantastic. Thanks for all the work you do!

Quote from: art128 on January 07, 2012, 02:29:49 AM
David, i've seen myself the exact thing as you. And not only on the MD broads but also in the competition and the show us yours etc. I remember when I first went here, it was like as you said 20 comments or so, now it's barely 10.

Also, you're right. I don't comment a lot of MD too, but not by lack of interest, more by lake of thing to say. Most of the time I can spend almost an half an hour searching for something decent more than " It's beautiful " to say. On an other hand, you're absolutely right. And I'll make an effort to comment more MDs than I comment actually.

Lets get back to the textures, it looks wonderful as always, David. Each time I stop by I'm speechless regarding the amount of amazing work you put here.

Arthur.

Hi, Dedgren and other 3RR Regulars. I would like to share my thoughts about the community in the topic I've started here http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14228.msg409192#msg409192

Very interesting Dedgren and Badsim. &apls

Links to SC4 websites

noahclem

More great stuff  &apls  Let's get the lurkers out  :D

Flatron

really great!
my second post in this thread ;D

mike3775

I used to follow 3RR for a bit, and also used to like looking through the MD section for idea's, but lately I just keep up here on the things that interest me in the game. 

MD's I should comment more on, I admit I am guilty of looking and not posting, but its ahrd for me to come up with anything to say that is worth posting because I do not want it to seem like I'm post whoring either, or spamming the boards(which I have been accused of elsewhere  lol)

Now this multiple track set up looks great.  I played around with STR and really didn't like it so I rarely use it, but I do like the looks of multiple tracks so far.  I can't wait to try them out while playing the game(If I ever stop destroying cities after 100 or so game years and starting over yet again with a new region)

thundercrack83

Looks like the TTR is off to the races, David! Keep up the marvelous work, my friend!

Dustin

dedgren

On a day when I'm away, we get almost 1,500 page views.

1,499 to be exact.  What was it they said about a better mousetrap?  Geebus!

Pics of today's progress coming up in the morning.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

[Delta ²k5]

Really neat :)

Well, I remembered something... in the "offical threat" at the NAM's forum was a picture of the TTR back in 2009:

There also is the EL-STR visible... may I ask what happend to this part of "the RAM"?  :D

j-dub

I believe that railroad work which started as NAM was going to be more of the RAM department, but IDK what happened to that, the El-STR would of been part of the RAM set, instead of just adding all that to just the NAM, along with the other prototype rail extenssions. The good news is David's most recent work though.

noahclem

L2 STR is actually in fairly good shape at the moment, though I'm not sure how much developmental momentum there is. It can perform such impressive feats as diagonal, draggable crossings but I believe it is lacking any kind of transition piece to get it, on-slope or otherwise.

carlfatal

Hi David,
only two years ago i became a member of this site, after reading a lot of blogs i began to write, to learn and started to play SimCity. Heard something about the TTR i found my way here, i´m some kind of rail addicted...  :)
What You show here is jaw dropping stuff. I need this like some other people need the RHW. I´m planning realistic railyards, made some lots for this but actually i´m not able to finish this work in a way it could be helpful for the community. ( http://www.simforum.de/showthread.php?p=4228998#post4228998). And now i see this pictures and luckily nobody can see the silly smile on my face. I´m crazy about this, in my opinion this is the most needed.
Thanks for Your work, i´m staying as a fan,
Greetz, Carl

jdenm8

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

dedgren

The human eye is amazing

If it wants to see curves, it will.  In the evolving trackage on the right, there is not a single curved line.

I will append pics of TTR progress to this post during the rest of the day so as to not create a bunch of individual ones.  Please check back for updates.

UPDATE1:

Who am I to deny my great friend Cédric?

His suggestion

The resulting trackage

The textures, Cédric, took a bit longer than 10 minutes to create, but the piece lends itself to reuse in many ways.  Thank you.

UPDATE2:

Switch detail.

I'm going to do more work on the ties at some point.  Here it is, though at 128x128 pixel resolution.

Hard to tell here, but it'll be more apparent in the game.

UPDATE3:

The first two switches are roped, tied and bite the dust.

UPDATE4:

A single crossover

and a double crossover.

That's all the new TTR trackage for the day.  I'll have time for a few more tomorrow.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

art128

not a single curve? Wah, my eyes are making tricks on me again ! :D

great new development, David. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kalanc69

Hello David,

I've been gone for quite some time due to health issues and thought I would stop by to see how things are going in the world of 3RR....I hope everything is going well with your family, I haven't checked in for quite awhile so I am not up to date on how they are doing. I hope to be able to check in more often, but my medical problems make it difficult to check in nearly as much as I would like. I am glad to see that 3RR is still up and kicking, and I look forward to getting re-acquainted with your work over the coming months! I look forward to seeing everything that has come about since my last visit. Good luck friend, and best wishes!

Kalanc69

EDIT:  My friend, welcome back!  Here's to your better health.  You'll find that there have been both good things and sad things, and that 2012 will be the best year for 3RR, SC4D and the game itself yet. -de

dedgren

Yesterday we missed reaching 1,500 views by one.

Today we made it with time to spare before 8:00 p.m. (Alaska Standard Time, of course- I don't know why they observe it in 3RR, but they do).

I think I've said before that I don't rightly know the most page views in a day that 3RR has garnered, but January 8, 2011, is right up there.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I plan to be working on the switches 'til midnight or so, so we'll see where we stand then.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...