• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonshardz

your pictures almost made me  :'(, David. I miss snow so much. Curse this hot, dry weather in Phoenix!

EDIT - Welcome to page 102!

rooker1

Those pics did make me cry.  I'm a big time skier and can't wait for it.  Some friends and I are going to be doing some heli skiing out your way this winter.  Do you have any suggestions?  We are undecided where to go exactly, yet.  And yes I would go out in a snow storm.  I have been known to watch the weather around the local ski hills and go if it was snowing.  It's all about the fresh powder.  I'm getting all excited now........... Anyways, great pics, the snow is beautiful.

Robin   ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

Rayden

Quote from: rooker1 on October 25, 2007, 04:21:35 AM
Those pics did make me cry.  I'm a big time skier and can't wait for it.  Some friends and I are going to be doing some heli skiing out your way this winter.  Do you have any suggestions?  We are undecided where to go exactly, yet.  And yes I would go out in a snow storm.  I have been known to watch the weather around the local ski hills and go if it was snowing.  It's all about the fresh powder.  I'm getting all excited now........... Anyways, great pics, the snow is beautiful.

Robin   ()stsfd()

Another fellow snow lover, I'm not alone anymore on my thoughts. I also been dreaming with the white beauty for quite long time, soon it will come true. This is where I'm off in a couple of months. [linkie] Until there, I might go for a weekend or two to Sierra Nevada (Spain).
Nice pictures David, the frozen "frog", very nice ;), the snowie road reminded me the roads in Lapland, Finland when I were there.

M4346

*sneaks in, opens the door a crack... peers through to see if anyone's watching...* No, the coast is clear... or is it? Because at 3RR there's always someone watching.  $%Grinno$%

But it is with my tail between my legs and my head hung low that I creep in here today to, at least I hope, announce my long overdue return to my other, other, other home.  &mmm

I've definitely missed this place - not that I've not been lurking in the shadows, trust me :P - and hope to have a more tangible presence here, again:thumbsup:

I did take a while to brace myself, gather up the courage and strength to do this, fearing shame and ridicule from what seems to be quite the (definitely dedicated, and at times eager) following you've built here at 3RR, David. :P  $%Grinno$%

Quote from: dedgren on October 24, 2007, 08:32:30 PM3RR's taking a bit of a break this week as we deal with a couple of things.  We'll be back shortly.

Just don't follow my example and take more time than is necessary, or humane.  ;D Don't keep your fans waiting, me included.  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

BigSlark

Hi David,

Hope all is well in your world. Take your time and we'll all be patiently waiting for your return.

Cheers,
Kevin

Pat

Quote from: M4346 on October 25, 2007, 04:48:35 AM
*sneaks in, opens the door a crack... peers through to see if anyone's watching...* No, the coast is clear... or is it? Because at 3RR there's always someone watching.  $%Grinno$%

But it is with my tail between my legs and my head hung low that I creep in here today to, at least I hope, announce my long overdue return to my other, other, other home.  &mmm

I've definitely missed this place - not that I've not been lurking in the shadows, trust me :P - and hope to have a more tangible presence here, again:thumbsup:

I did take a while to brace myself, gather up the courage and strength to do this, fearing shame and ridicule from what seems to be quite the (definitely dedicated, and at times eager) following you've built here at 3RR, David. :P  $%Grinno$%

Just don't follow my example and take more time than is necessary, or humane.  ;D Don't keep your fans waiting, me included.  :thumbsup:

-M- you should know that there is no need to feel ashamed from not stopping by.... Remember you are as just as much as i am a 3RR regular.... Even its been awhile since being home.... Anyways welcome back home Super -M-

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Yoman

Where I live and in New York City (even more there) Winter is beautiful at first snow, just gorgeous, but then in NYC after about 10 minutes it is black snow :( I still love the first 10 minutes though :) I too look forward to our winters here, which should start in about 3 - 4 weeks :) Happy first snow David!

threestooges

Hooray snow, boo clearing the driveway in the morning. It's been a while since I've lived in a snowy region (I lived in Reno for 6 years) and I miss it somewhat. But what can I say, Southern California isn't too bad (the air quality is a bit worse for obvious reasons... and thank you pat, for people who do what you do). It's one of those places you can go to the beach in January and still not be the only one there... but I digress (surprise) the snow is wonderful. Drive safely and keep those birds full. Great frog too by the way.

mightygoose

beautiful photos friend  love snow, i wish it snowed more here... 4 inches max just doesnt quite seem to deliver the snowbound experience...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

DFire870

What's that white stuff on the trees? :D

Here in Austin, TX, we almost never get snow. It gets plenty cold here in the winter, but we never get snow. A couple of years ago we did get a nice inch or so of snow, so it looked amazing. What we get plenty of here is ice.

Those pictures are amazing, however, and it reminds me of when my family used to go to my grandparents' cabin in New Mexico.

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

dedgren

I'm working on a few things, as noted.  This is the township road map that will go in the 3RR Atlas.

More content soon, maybe tonight, but likely Sunday.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

David dont rush it now *shakes finger* take your time and just relax RL before us lol...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

You've outdone yourself with this recent iteration of the map. It's really coming alive. One thing I'm curious to know about though, is what the status of the township descriptions is. If no one has yet tackled it (or has signed up to tackle it) I think I could do one for my little corner (McKee's Rocks). Out of curiosity, there appears to be an airport on Pratt Is., is that located in McKee's Rocks or the Pratt township? Let me know what you need, and take it easy, it seems to be coming together now.

dragonshardz

"$Deal"$  "$Deal"$  "$Deal"$

I would like to announce the creation of the Three Rivers Region Honors Registry, which can be found here. It has been completed up to the 1600th post in 3RR, and will soon be completed up to the 2000th post, as well as including all honors from 3RR-ST as well.

BigSlark

David,

The Atlas is looking really, really amazing. If it was printed and bound there wouldn't be much difference from what many DOT's currently publish.

Excellent work!

Cheers,
Kevin

thundercrack83

That 509 sign in Ontario looks new...I don't remember seeing that one on the maps before. Oh, and the map looks fantastic as usual, my friend! Can't wait to see the entire thing!

Ryan B.

David, these maps are ballin'.  I feel like I just looked at a Rand McNally atlas.  That's amazing, and keep up the good work!

Jmouse

Simply amazing as always!

Until next time...
Joan

pvarcoe

There are times when I would swear that David is playing a different game than the rest of us.
Those maps are so far beyond the game it's amazing!

dedgren

Up at the hideaway cabin in the DeLong Mountains last night.

Birch trees and a rushing stream in the morning light.

The first fall of snow presages the many to come...

...which we await with fortified spirit(s).

Back home in a bit.  They've added wi-fi at the cabin since last year (yay!), so I could post this.

I finished the initial run of township maps with the 64th and last this morning.  The Atlas isn't that far out any more.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax