• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

JRJ Street side MOD Bug

Started by miguelkuk, August 29, 2008, 07:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miguelkuk

I have installed JRJ Street side MOD and it worked fine until I installed the Columbus terrain mod.
This is what happened to my streets. Any idea why and how to solve it? ()what()

MandelSoft

It looks like the LOT of the house on the bottom of the pic is overlapping the road. I got that bug when I installed re-LOTtings of some R$-buildings. I think this is a re-LOTted building too, and there is nothing wrong with the terrain mod and the Street Side Mod.

Hope it helps!
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

miguelkuk

What do you mean Relotted? And this is not the only building it happens next to. Besides, I didn't have this problem with the SSM before I installed the Columbus Mod

MandelSoft

Re-lotted means that the LOT(the area where the builing is on with it's features i.e. ground textures, trees) is modded. Maybe you've downloaded a mod that re-LOTs some LOTs. TIP: You can check this problem with dragging another road-network over the street. If it isn't gone then, than a re-LOT is the problem. Then demolish the LOTs to solve the problem.

Andreas

It might be a coincidence that it happened after installing the Columbus Terrain Mod. Terrain mods don't touch the look of lots or transit networks at all, and those textures on your streets look like lot textures, not like terrain textures.
Andreas

miguelkuk

:angrymore: :angrymore:
You were right!
I tried running the game without those mods and the problem is still there. Then I tried deleting those houses and the streets were back to normal.
The buildings in question (the ones I've found so far) are called Montessori Manor, Oooh La La Estate, Villa, and Welloff Estate.
Problem is I can't find them anywhere on my Plugins folder where I keep the growables (separate subfolder in it). Maybe the file names are different from the names given with the query tool in the game.
Any ideas how to find these buildings? I sense a big headache coming, am I right? :'( :-[ :bomb:

nerdly_dood

Yeah I think this is a major headache:  They're Maxis buildings that came with the game.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

miguelkuk

WHAT???!!!
You can't be serious!!
How come they're doing this then? ()what()

MandelSoft

Well, there's one good thing: The houses will now grow on spaces where the house really fits, so this problem will only occur with the existing ones.

miguelkuk

But what caused it in the first place? If they're Maxis buildings then they're not Re-lotted buildings right? So the problem must be other. And how can I be sure they won't show up again elsewhere?

MandelSoft

Maxis buildings CAN be re-LOTted. I've downloaded a mod that does about the same thing with R$-midrise buildings.

miguelkuk

And how do I know which mod does this? Could it be the Colossus mod which I recently installed? ()what()

miguelkuk

MandelSoft

I have no idea, but I think it's not the CAM

amapper

While I can't help with your current problem, I will tell you I had a similar issue with a lot called "Small Shops Ploppables". They worked fine and then one day the buildings would not show when I plopped them, just textures and some props. Previously plopped lots are still there, just can't plop new ones??? Hope you find you problem, haven't been able to fix mine.  :'(