• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Abitibi Square looks wonderfully, my friend! :thumbsup: Excellent lotting as always! I'm looking forward to more :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

darraghf

Whoa! Your lotting is amazing. I wouldn't have the patience to plop all of those props on a tile. Well done.
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

art128

Dustin, Your lotting job is, as ever, very clean, great and ingenious ! Also, the general shot of Abitibi Square is excellently fantastic !
Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Battlecat

Great to see this next section done!  You do a fantastic job of planning those unusually shaped blocks of land, and then following through with your custom lots!  Good choice on that building there, it looks great!

Luke09

Nice update!I  liked the way that SOGO fit on Abitibi Square.And a thing that i didint saw on Marathon,was a library.Students needs libraries Dustin(lol)!So they can do their homeworks,and study a bit.But nice pics and lots.
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

bat

That part of the Abitibi Square looks wonderful! Great work!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Earth quake

The Abitibi Square is splendid, I really love the Sogo building.  :thumbsup:

Anyway your works is really nice to look.
Excellent work and update Dustin !

Vivien.

JBSimio

Well the end result is pretty much what I expected... which is to say nothing short of awesome!   ::)  I really enjoy watching you piece these areas together.  I think the side 2x3 lot is the best example so far, though.  It's very easy to look at the pictures when everything is done and miss the level of detail and planning that goes into getting there.  That particular piece just shows how you completely plan things out in advance.  The continuation of the red flower beds carried over from the next lot over is something that many might miss, but it is exactly that type of thing that creates the seamless look in the end.   &apls

And of course you know I'll continue coming back... but I must admit that the people of North Carolina are beginning to worry about you, Dustin.  (I think they might even miss you a little bit)  ;)

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

nrmn67

Great work on Abitibi Square. For me it feels like a planned space like a World Expo or La Defense or an urban renewal project. Built to shine.

Jmouse

You've certainly done a good job on Abitibi Square, Dustin. Sorry I've not been around much lately - spending lots of time in GRV - but it's nice to come back here every now and then to see what's going on. That's a very helpful tutorial, too.

Later...
Joan

KoV Liberty

Great job on Aribiti Dustin!!! It looks so realistic!  :thumbsup:

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Scarton

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on June 08, 2009, 04:51:48 PM
Great job on Aribiti Dustin!!! It looks so realistic!  :thumbsup:

Alex

It is definitely realistic and also so beautiful! Great piece of work there! Reminds me of some of the features of Ennedi's Shosaloza.  :) :thumbsup: &apls

turtle

It seems I missed some updates. Fantastic progress there, Dustin. Even though almost all the buildings hold landmark value in themselves, you put everything together so well. Amazing LE work, especially with the trees :)  :thumbsup:

Thomas
My name is Thomas...

Nexis4Jersey

Subperb Update , I love your relotting :thumbsup:

carkid1998

Abiti square is looking better than ever!

Shame that you're running out of space, I could sit and stare at your creations all day!
Although I can't wait to see what you create when you complete Abiti square......
Sendona... Coming soon!

Haljackey

I wish I knew how to do custom lots, they look beautiful!

Excellent update!  Very vivid and colourful!   :thumbsup:

KoV Liberty

What props do you use for the trees and flora? They look AMAZING!!!!  :o

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

rajacobs

Dustin,

After years of not playing SC I decided to start playing again. Back in '03 / '04 I was a regular at ST so I started looking around there to quickly find that many (most?) SC fans now frequent this incredible website by the famous jeronij. (I was a huge fan of Sculpting Colombia River back then.. who wasn't..  :)) So I decided to check this place out! Looking for inspiration I stumbled upon your MD. And you immediately caught me. For the last week or more I admired page after page of this incredible work of yours, and just now I finished reading the last pages. I compliment you on your great SC skills, LE skills and most of all MD skills. You manage to enthusiast and inspire many people, and have gained a new fan in me.

Keep up the amazing work, I'll be watching your every step! ;)

Regards,
Rogier

homefryes

Greetings from your terribly absent (as of late) friend! Vacation and other preoccupations since then have been keeping me away, but I hope to get back in the game soon. Just wanted to wish you a belated congratulations on achieving HoF status! Your MD is certainly deserving of the honor. Don't know if I'll ever make it that far, as I'm having trouble maintaining focus right now, but maybe some day. Regardless, best wishes to you and to Marathon!

Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

dsrwhat316

Wow, this is something else...

I'm still extremely impressed by how rapidly your LE skills have come along. Just the level of detail used is amazing. The amount of trees and greenery you use is what really stands out. If you want some good flora props, Simgoober has some in his dependency packs. An alternative to the Maxis dirt circles you use for your trees is one made by Simgoober; if you have his prop packs, you can find it by searching for "border". Jeronij also has some that are incorporated in his street side add-on mod. Just some friendly advice for you  :thumbsup:!

I listened to the latest podcast and heard your voice for the first time! I have to thank you for giving me special mention; I'm glad to hear that those tutorials have given you help along the way.

As always, I look forward to more from Marathon!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)