• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glowbal

just wow! :O Beautifull! What is that building with the helipad? It looks very nice.

rdrdrdrd

love it, but why the underpass

art128

Nice mosaic there Dustin, the buildings you used fits in well perfectly together. The plaza behind the one with the "helipad" on the roof is nicely done my friend. Also as Guillaume said, the lake of cars make the picture less good, but it's not really important and it don't put out the beautifulness of it. Maybe it was a "No Cars Day" for helping the environment ?! (and if no cars appear, try to use the traffic generator..  $%Grinno$% :D )

Oh and Happy B-Day Bruce ! 

Take care,
-Arthur.

lol my 2727th post ! :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

KoV Liberty

Quote from: rdrdrdrd on September 23, 2009, 11:22:27 AM
love it, but why the underpass

So no one gets killed by passing cars. If that is a fairly lage slip ramp than many cars will use it. ;)

AND a great job lotting Dustin!

AND happy birthday Bruce!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

JBSimio

Great addition to one of my favorite areas, Dustin!   &apls

Abitibi Square has looked amazing from the beginning, but I'm glad to see that the areas around it are starting to fill in.  I look forward to how it all comes together in the end.  I guess we both know that I'm a sucker for the "big picture" though, don't we?  :D 

Until next time, my friend...
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

ecoba

That is an amazing picture, Dustin!

I really can't wait to see more of Abitibi Square, it has become one of my favourite areas in Marathon.

....and happy birthday Bruce Springsteen....

Ethan

bat

Great mosaic of the Abitibi Square there! Really nice work!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;)

tooheys

Dustin, you are certainly putting the LE to great use, nice work as always.

Only one complaint, the writing on the tower is back-to-front  ::) Well I had to find something  :D

Dave

TheTeaCat

Well I just managed to catch up on all the stuff you done so far. ;D
Impressive to say the very least.
Your skill with the LE is right up there with the very best and is evident by all the little details you put in.
Its even given me a few ideas - thanks mate :thumbsup:

Hopefully it wont be too long till I pop back for more  :D

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Tomas Neto

Another great update, ... and happy birthday to Bruce Springsteen!!!  :party:

metarvo

I really like the progress on Abitibi Square.  The grounds surrounding the buildings are full of life, and the buildings themselves look nice.  Keep up the good work, Dustin!

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

thundercrack83

Thank you so much, Battlecat, Guillaume (Sciurus), djvandrake, Glowbal, rdrdrdrd, Arthur (art128), Alex (Driftmaster07), Jon (JBSimio), Ethan (ecoba), bat, Dave (tooheys), Derry (TheTeaCat), Tomas Neto), and metarvo, for all your very kind words and support!

Here's our latest endeavour in Marathon...

I'll be working all weekend, but hopefully, I'll be able to get some time in here and there to get some more work done.

Stay tuned!

Pat

Dustin looking very great there and have a great weekend at work!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JoeST

wow... you havent lost your touch :D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

rooker1

Hey Dustin,
Looking great.  Where did you get that large round circle for a base texture?
It seems to me that your work place has you working to hard.  I am truly missing you and your larger updates.  I think you should quit! :D $%Grinno$%
I hope to see you around,
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

djvandrake

Looks quite nice.  I like the building in the pic.  IMO the Buckingham fountain needs a bigger lot to do it justice though.  I'm baised because I love Chicago.

Battlecat

Nice looking plaza!  You really have an amazing eye for landscape design. 

art128

This is a nice plaza for sure, Dustin ! You've done a great effort with the aligned trees my friend. Although, I think something is missing... maybe with one ore two (well more eh) flowers on that blank grass area, it will make the LOT more alive. Also, the place need some more details like trashcans, bench, lamp post etc.. but I think you've already thought about this, right ? And to finish my two cents, I think, but it's just my opinion, with one trees at every corner of the fountain it will look nice, maybe or not.. we'll never now if we never try ! And (oops I forgot to finish  :P ) I think some railing where the withe pavement stops to let the bricks appear, in front of the sunken highway just if you don't see of where I'm talking about, it will make it better !
Take care,
Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Masochist

The things you create in here, Dustin, are nothing short of jaw-dropping.  Well, maybe awe-inspiring.  Whichever one you might rank higher on the "Daaaaayyyyuuuummm!" scale. ;)

It's the realism that really draws me in--I could truly picture driving by these places on the road.  It's the meticulous detail you put into every single lot; the perfect spacing of the trees, the very specific choices of base textures...it's not something that everyone would have the patience for.  If there was one thing I might suggest, perhaps give a bit more space between the off-ramps and the avenues (as in the latest picture you posted)...if you can that is, upon closer inspection it looks like there's very limited space there.

Anyways, you know I always lurk about, even when I'm not so active.  Keep going; I'll keep watching! :thumbsup:
(Under Construction)

Sciurus

This a wonderful place Dustin! But does the building serve?

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *