• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomas Neto

Wow my friend, awesome work!!!  :thumbsup:

dragonshardz

Ooh...what building is that? I like!

canyonjumper

Quote from: dragonshardz on February 10, 2010, 07:17:27 PM

Ditto! About the snow...Maybe VANOC could borrow some of it ;D!

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: dragonshardz on February 10, 2010, 07:17:27 PM
That happens to be dmscopio's Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, available at his website (and possibly the STEX as well).

Dustin, your setting for that museum is absolutely fantastic, up to par with the rest of your work! I look forward to seeing more soon!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

thundercrack83

mightygoose: Thanks, my friend!

Battlecat: Thank you! The building is quite unique!

Robin (rooker1): Hey, Robin! Thanks for your kind words, my friend! We ended up getting about 21" of snow by the end of everything, and we're supposed to get another 3-6" inches overnight tonight. It's been fantastic! Take care, my friend!

djvandrake: Thanks so very much! I'm glad you like it!

bat: Thanks, my friend!

dragonshardz: Hello! Our friend Zack (woodb3kmaster) answered your question above! Hope it helps!

Jordan (canyonjumper): Ha! Looks like they're finally getting some better weather in Vancouver for the games! Thanks for stopping by!

Zack (woodb3kmaster): Hi, Zack! Thanks for that answer and link, and also for your wonderful comments, my friend! Hope to see you soon!

Well, remember way back when I said that we were going to venture off Marathon Island? Hmmm...

...perhaps the voyage is getting ready to set sail! We'll be doing some more in-depth exploration as time passed, so stay tuned! Also, can anyone name a certain song that specifically mentions "Cullercoats and Whitley Bay?"

More to come!

io_bg

That's a great looking region shot, Dustin! &apls Definitely looking forward to the next update! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Ryan B.

Passing through this 'Tunnel of Love' has me in 'Dire Straits'.

;)

Battlecat

Very cool, looks like suburbs are ready to roll in Marathon!  Can't wait to get a closer look!

daryl7478

Even though i said this last time but you didn't reply to me, did you take my advice for a highway re-styling mod? Also, I think it's about time that you can make the chart and data thingy.

KoV Liberty

Very good job!!! I can't wait! Edit: You may want to fix those flags from  the update before this one, not sure if there are two winds. ;) :P

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

kimcar

I agree a great region shot and well develloped  :thumbsup:

ecoba

Looks like a nice smaller city, Dustin. I've been wanting to do a region on a bay for a while, but, not yet.

Ethan

canyonjumper

Looking forward to this ;D

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

djvandrake

Oh!  That looks great.  &apls  Eagerly anticipating more.

Nanami

thundercrack83

io_bg: Thanks!

Ryan (Ryan B.): ... ... ...

Battlecat: Indeed, there's some suburbs growing up out there, you're correct! I'm glad you like it! Thanks for stopping by!

daryl7478: Hello! Forgive me for not replying to you, my friend. I assure it was not done on purpose, and I do apologize. As for the Highway Re-Styling Mods, I've thought about using them on more than one occasion, but I'm not quite sure what direction to head. Perhaps you have a favorite or can shed some light on where would be a good place to start looking? Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated! Hope to see you soon!

Alex (Driftmasater): Ha! You're right! I'd better fix that right away! Thanks for catching it!

kimcar: Thank you so much, my friend! It's always wonderful to see you here in Marathon!

Ethan (ecoba): Hi, Ethan! Thanks a lot, my friend!

Jordan (canyonjumper): Thanks!

djvandrake: Thank you so much for your kind words!

976: Thank you!

So...Above, our good friend Ryan (Ryan B.) said...

Quote from: Ryan B. on February 15, 2010, 01:08:49 PM
Passing through this 'Tunnel of Love' has me in 'Dire Straits'.

;)

...in answer to my question about what song mentions "Cullercoats and Whitley Bay." Very cleverly, I might add--Ryan was correct in naming "Tunnel of Love" by Dire Straits. Great job, Ryan!

Of course as we all know, Ryan is our resident Buffalo Sabres fan here at SC4D, so, with that in mind...

...I present the LaFontaine Channel, named in honor of Hall-of-Famer Pat LaFontaine who played for the Sabres from 1991-1997. I hope you like this small treat, Ryan!

More from Marathon on the way!

Ryan B.

Thanks, Dustin!

Of course, no mention of LaFontaine is complete without this:

http://www.youtube.com/v/6TZL4BCePwA

Once again, thank you for the honour!

bat

That looks really nice, Dustin! Looking forward to more...

Tomas Neto

JBSimio

It seems I've regressed into lurking mode, Dustin.  I've been keeping an eye on things here, but once again failed to make any comments lately.  Normally I would apologize right about here... but you always tell me not to anyway, so I won't!  :D

It looks as though you've been doing quite a bit of behind the scenes work with the expanded region and I'm very excited to see how the suburbs are shaping up across the LaFontaine Channel.  (I must admit that, as a native Detroiter, it was very hard for me to type that name just now)  While I wait for the close up pictures, I can't help but notice a number of great things in your region view here.  The shorelines look fantastic, for one thing!  Very natural looking barrier islands, especially around Whitley Bay and the small inlets off of Lower Marathon Bay.  I'm sure you spent a lot of time terraforming those and the result is most impressive.  I also imagine it was a lot of fun to then build around those shorelines which, even from this distant view, looks very well done.  I see a lot of trees around the edges and even throughout the developed areas too, lending a very convincing "random" effect so common in suburban development.  (Common, but misleading... most American suburbs, while horribly ineffecient, are anything but truly random)

You've managed to show a lot in just one teaser, Dustin.  I can't wait for the details!

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion