• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSlark

djvandrake

Happy Birthday Marathon!  :thumbsup:  :)

carkid1998

Why haven't I been on these forums for so long?

I know it was no lurking day yesterday, but with an update like that I just can't lurk! Loving the attetion to detail on those embankmets! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to catching up on what I missed, Ryan
Sendona... Coming soon!

Tomas Neto

Yeah...!!! Happy Birthday!!!  :thumbsup:

canyonjumper

Dustin, congrats on keeping Marathon going for two years!

Your friend,
                            Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

bladeberkman

Dustin,

This will be my first time to comment on your Mayor Diary after over a year of following your work. Your creativity, ingenuity, and eye for detail have been a source of inspiration for me and, I am certain, many others. Thank you for setting aside time to share your vision with the SimCity community. I, too, look forward to many more years of your work.

-Blade
A "Lurker" 

Sciurus

I'm late &ops But Happy Birthday Marathon, or Bon anniversaire Marathon, it's as you like! $%Grinno$%
I really like your latest update, and I saw some things which still interests me a lot..

Particullary this "No lurknig Day", which I can't translate $%Grinno$% I don't understand the principe of that day? Because your french translation is wrong &mmm (It doesn't mean anything ::)) I made some research about it... and I understood that this "No Lurking Day" is day where you shouldn't lurk you, maybe to do a celebration? So in french should it be "Jour de fête" (Celebration's day)... but it's not really that. Or I propose you to write "Jour d'ouverture" (Opening's day but  think you'll not undertsand as a french understand that. A french should understand that as a day where you're opened to the people, still in the idea to celebrate somthing, with other people). So I think in that case, that the second expression is the best, for me in fact.

I'm also interested by "Les Épées", the name of the hockey team of the city? Can you explain where does it come from? It should be interesting $%Grinno$%

Well, a last word to end my post: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! &apls &apls &apls :party:

Guillaume :thumbsup:

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

TiFlo

A "no lurking day" is a day where you shouldn't just come, read the topic, admire the pictures in the new update, and leave silently without taking the time to post something.

Un "lurker" est quelqu'un qui est tapis dans le coin, qu'on ne voit pas et qui fait bien attention à n'être pas découvert. Sur un forum internet, on considère quelqu'un qui passe son temps à lire les posts sans jamais commenter comme un "lurker". Ça n'est pas forcément péjoratif, mais ça peut être parfois mal vu.
(English: A lurker is someone who stays hidden in the corner, and who takes particular care in remaining unseen. On an internet forum, someone who only reads posts without ever commenting is considered a lurker. It is not necessarily derogatory, but sometimes it can be seen as such).

PS: Bon anniversaire Marathon!!  &apls

Sciurus

Quote from: TiFlo on November 07, 2010, 06:25:29 AM
A "no lurking day" is a day where you shouldn't just come, read the topic, admire the pictures in the new update, and leave silently without taking the time to post something.

Un "lurker" est quelqu'un qui est tapis dans le coin, qu'on ne voit pas et qui fait bien attention à n'être pas découvert. Sur un forum internet, on considère quelqu'un qui passe son temps à lire les posts sans jamais commenter comme un "lurker". Ça n'est pas forcément péjoratif, mais ça peut être parfois mal vu.
(English: A lurker is someone who stays hidden in the corner, and who takes particular care in remaining unseen. On an internet forum, someone who only reads posts without ever commenting is considered a lurker. It is not necessarily derogatory, but sometimes it can be seen as such).

PS: Bon anniversaire Marathon!!  &apls

Ah d'accord je vois, mais dans ce cas là, en français, on ne peut pas traduire mot à mot. On est obligé de traduire une expression. Dans ce cas, je verrai plus "Ne vous cachez pas!" ou "N'hésitez pas à poster!" ou quelque chose dans le genre... Mais faut dire que ce n'est pas très esthétique comparé à l'anglais :D Tu m'apprends quelque chose là TiFlo! :)

Ah ok I see, but in that case, in french, we can't translate word by word. We must translate with a phrase. So I would see "Ne vous cachez pas!" or "N'hésitez pas à poster" or something like that... But it's not very aestethic as in english :D You learn me something TiFlo! :)

So now, I let you choose between my 3 propositions Dustin :P

L'atelier d'architecture

thundercrack83

I'd like to thank all of you for the wonderful words of support for Marathon's Second Anniversary! There were so many, that I thought I'd give a big blanket THANK YOU!

And to begin Year Three...

I just downloaded and began to play around with the Sunken GLR pieces that are now available on the LEX! They are, in a word, excellent!

More is on the way!

mightygoose

did you get the NAM elevated road network reskin? thats new from japan too, i linked in the jap bat gallery, i think you will enjoy it.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

art128

Nice work with these wide avenues there, Dustin ! I love how they blend well with those buildings, and also with the sunken metro.

Take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sciurus

It's excellent, I really like the sunken tram &apls

L'atelier d'architecture

rooker1

Hello Dustin,

I had a look at your post first thing this morning and I thought to myself that there was something wrong, but I could not really pin point it so I left to come back later.  I have figured it out.  The two buildings on the top side top the pic are too close to road.  The stairs on the building on the left side almost touch the road itself, or at least it looks like the car is parked on the stairs.  I would love to see, if possible of course, you add one extra tile between the road and the buildings and in this space use SFBT Parking Lots and change the road to a street.
I haven't had the chance to try the improved Sunken GLR pieces, but iwill in the next few days or so.  Looks like you have a handle on it though.

Great works as always Dustin.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

i_love_lamp

While I am a tad bit disappointed that you didn't reply personally to the banner thing that took me five seconds to make, you made up for it by this picture. I think I might just download those sunken rail pieces and try to make them look as good as you do. I will probally fail miserably.

carkid1998

It'll be interesting to see how the Commonwealth of Marathon put these pieces to use!
Sendona... Coming soon!

daryl7478

Another great update by Dustin.........

marsh

Very nice. That intersection looks great.  &apls

,marsh  :thumbsup:

Sheep49

It's been 2 years already? Wow, that IS the huge landmark! Great to see Marathon being up and well, with new ideas every now and then. A real treat for our eyes it is.  :thumbsup:

The picture is great, but I didn't really pay attention to the building this time (well, sorry!), rather than being shocked that there exists the next best thing since the sliced bread - Sunken GLR! Oh, the possibilities it brings along! Now I wonder whether will we see the London Underground-styled metro system in Marathon, with more tracks on the land level and sunken, rather than in real underground. Either way, can't wait what will you be able to make up with it! ;)

Oh, and is that the Prudential building I see in the top right? Nice use of it, although I do agree with Robin, I wouldn't mind a small parking in front of it.

Thanks for 2 years of constant awesomess, and let's hope for at least next 2! :)

Goo luck with Marathon!
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

Battlecat

Since I'm running a few days late, let me give you  belated congratulations on 2 years of Marathon!  I'm really glad to see you're able to spend more time on this project these days.  Everything looks great as always, you can rest assured I'll be stopping in a bit more regularly in the future!  The sunken railway in your latest update is quite cool!