• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darraghf

Ugh. I just hate the way I can't play until i get a new mouse. I can't believe the day is finally here!
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

MandelSoft

A new generation of interchanges and highway construction is now open for public. And we did see, even before the release, we are loving it  :thumbsup:

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

bob56

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

(I'm so happy that school is cancelled today...its -50F). which means all day to try it out!!

Thanks for all the hard work!
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Blue Lightning

Thank you Tarkus! You are awsome! The new NAM pieces look great too :thumbsup: &apls &apls
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

bat

RHW version 3.0 is really great! Wonderful work on it! Thanks! :thumbsup:

sim_link

RHW 3.0 is more than awesome, it's... amazing! &apls It's truly amazing everything the new RHW has to offer! Also like the new menu buttons, much easier to sort through all thos puzzle pieces.

Great work! :thumbsup:

Blue Lightning

Hey, for some reason when i try to drag a bridge it says "Cannot Build On This Terrain Type"
Can anyone help?
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

j-dub

Do you have a picture? The RHW is a little bit tight when it comes to building on hilly land. You can't build one bridge right next to another, and at the moment you are only limited to single tile lined bridges.

Bluemoose

I'm sure its simply wonderful, but all i got was a new texture! ()sad()
I didn't get any new puzzle or starter pieces.
I ahve simulator A on.
i tried reinstalling NAM, reinstalling RHW 3.0, and i still have the same old, but w? more buttons on the menu.
Can somebody PLEASE help me ()sad() ()sad() ()what() :'( :'( :'(

Blue Lightning

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

deathtopumpkins

Hey Alex, how's that fix coming along? My game apparently crashes when I tab through the RHW-8 diagonal pieces...  :'( And no TE'd lots anywhere nearby!  :P

Other than that, It's working wonderfully and I love it! :D

Oh, one more thing: The Rail-over-RHW-6 and -8 models are offset from the preview of the piece when plopping... thus they're rather difficult to line up...
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

BradySeitz

Congrats on the new RHW 3.0! I just want to make sure that the link above that leads to v2.0 beta is correct, no matter what the installer says. I do have some issues though,

When I go to place any piece other than the 4 starter, I get blank tiles and a warning that says "# # Intersection placement string missing # #" When I place the pieces without a desrciption other than one above, some place, and others do not, below is a pic of what I am talking about.

I even removed everything from my plugins with the exception of the terrain mod I am using. I removed everything from the NAM folder in my plugins and the additional accessories I could find. I do not, however, have the cleanitol file from NAM April 2008 anymore. Since I removed everything from my plugins, as well as doing the installation in this order NAM Core -> NAM Essentials -> RHW 3.0 (which is called v2.0 Beta in the installer). I wonder if there is something else I am missing.

I will continue to work on this issues and hope to resolve it on my own. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Brady

b22rian

Quote from: Blue Lightning on January 15, 2009, 01:39:36 PM
Hey, for some reason when i try to drag a bridge it says "Cannot Build On This Terrain Type"
Can anyone help?

Hey Blue Lightening .. did you get the hang of the rhw bridges ok.. ??

I saw your message and just tried one,, Ya it may be slightly more tricky than some of
the other bridges in the game.. it took me a bit also.. But i was patient and just made sure both
approaches were flat with no much slope and tried to make both ends the same elevation..
and I was able to get it just fine..

ok i just saw your pics.. but i forgot to ask you when you installed the nam did you update the bridge controller
file ??

Brian

Tarkus

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone!  I'm glad you're all enjoying the new release. :)

To answer a few questions:

metarvo, it sounds like you may be dealing with the old bug that swat-medic first reported.  The issue has since been fixed--you can just download the NAM Essentials package (rather than redownloading the whole NAM) and it will update your controller file--that should solve your problem, from the sounds of things.

Bluemoose, if you're only getting new textures but no new icons or other functionality, you have a conflicting RUL-bound Plugin sitting in your Plugins folder, likely an outdated version of the NAM, a pre-June 2007 version of the RHW, or some sort of other obsolete transit mod.  Try emptying your Plugins of everything except your new NAM and RHW folders.  It should work.  To help find the problem Plugin, you can use Cleanitol from the LEX.  See the NAM FAQ for more information.

deathtopumpkins, see my advise to metarvo above.  We have released the fix, and you can get it in the NAM Essentials download.  The main NAM download has been fixed as of this morning as well.  (Thanks to Andreas for uploading it and rebuilding the installers!)

BradySeitz, it looks like you've definitely installed Version 2.0, but have the January 2009 NAM.  Redownload the RHW file at the link in the FAQ, and you should get Version 3.0.  The Installer will say "Version 3.0" on it.

To anyone wondering about the bridges:  The RHW-4 bridges work just like the One-Way Road bridges, in that you need to drag them in the direction of traffic.  So, in order to have two RHW-4 bridges, one in each direction, you'll need to drag one from one side of the water, and the other from the opposite side.  The yellow lines in the "preview" that should appear are your friend. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

BradySeitz

Tarkus,

I clicked the link at the top of the page and downloaded the RHW there (for the 6th time) and it has all the information about the 3.0, but after extracting the zip file, it still says 2.0 on it. I must be going to the wrong place or something. I am thoroughly confused right now ()what()

Swamper77

Quote from: BradySeitz on January 15, 2009, 02:23:12 PM
Tarkus,

I clicked the link at the top of the page and downloaded the RHW there (for the 6th time) and it has all the information about the 3.0, but after extracting the zip file, it still says 2.0 on it. I must be going to the wrong place or something. I am thoroughly confused right now ()what()

The zip file on the LEX will always that filename. It is how the server handles filenames and updates to them. Despite the updates, the file will always have the name of the zip that was first uploaded. So look at the update date in the download window to be sure you are getting the latest copy.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Blue Lightning

Well, I've updated the bridge controller file and I still can't draw a bridge, even in the most favorable situations. I see the bridge files in the Reader when I analyzed the file, though. :'( :'(
Thanks for the help so far, though.
Instead of showing "To build a Bridge...", it shows the message "Cannot build network on this terrain"
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

BradySeitz

Quote from: Swamper77 on January 15, 2009, 02:30:23 PM
The zip file on the LEX will always that filename. It is how the server handles filenames and updates to them. Despite the updates, the file will always have the name of the zip that was first uploaded. So look at the update date in the download window to be sure you are getting the latest copy.

-Swamper

I understand that part. I get to the page here http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=853
I see the update as 2009-1-14. I click the download link. The file downloads instantly, which I think is too quick (even though I have DSL)
I extract the zip file and double click the installer.
It says v2.0 in the installer still. Even the readme file is 2.0. I do not understand why I am still getting the 2.0 when the download page itself has been updated yesterday.

Tarkus

Blue Lightning, it looks to me like you have an outdated, conflicting Bridge Controller file, either from a previous NAM release or one of Fukuda's old standalone bridge releases in your Plugins, that is loading after the January 2009 NAM Bridge Controller.  Once you've located and removed it, it should work fine.  If needed, you can put your Bridge Controller file from the NAM into a zzz- folder.

Brady, I know you had re-downloaded the April 2008 NAM yesterday as well . . . did you by chance also re-download the old RHW Version 2.0 then, too?  If so, you might be attempting to install the file you downloaded yesterday.  I double-checked the link on the Version 3.0 upload, and I am getting the Version 3.0 installer on my end.  The installer should look like this:

-Alex (Tarkus)

BradySeitz

I did re-download the RHW yesterday.I uninstalled it late last night. I might to do a restart again to see if it works. My installer wasn't looking like that, even to the one I downloaded ten minutes ago. I will do a restart now and see what happens. Thanks.