• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityMaster563

How about diagonal RHW-4,6, and 8C? Can there be diagonal RHW Cs?
can you make a curve with RHW Cs?
Coastland Region: The SC4 Story:
http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/4478-coastland-region-the-sc4-
story/
The story of two major counties, Ashville and Coastland, battle out to have an individual city reach 1 million sims, but a major storm destroys one city, and a major. What will now happen?
Coming soon: SimCity 4, Full 3D Art (a museum tour)

Blue Lightning

RHW4C will never exist, 6C might be able to curve, 8C does not exist (do you mean: "8R"?) However, when you are referring to the RHW6, do you mean 6C? 6S can already curve.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

mtg

Always when i make a bridge with RHW i can get them to go each way! How do i solve this problem?

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

MandelSoft

Drag one bridge in the other direction. That should solve the problem.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

WC_EEND

just a question: is it normal that it is impossible to correctly plop 2 Elevated heavy rail over RHW8 puzzle pieces without going completely mad?
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

jmvl

Quote from: WC_EEND on May 31, 2009, 04:59:58 AM
just a question: is it normal that it is impossible to correctly plop 2 Elevated heavy rail over RHW8 puzzle pieces without going completely mad?

No, WC_EEND, this isn't impossible. I've just tried it:

Step 1: Make one side of the RHW-8 and put the Rail over RHW-8 Puzzle Piece on it. Make sure that the "place cursor" covers the two outside lanes of the RHW-8.

Step 2: Make the other side of the RHW-8 and put the Rail over RHW-8 Puzzle Piece on it. Again, make sure that the "place cursor" covers the two outside lanes of the RHW-8.

Step 3: You're done, your rail overpass is there.

I hope that answers your question.

mike3775

Another trick I do is to have a piece of elevated rail next to the highway as well, which helps line up the piece somewhat as well.

WC_EEND

thanks for the small tutorial jmvl :thumbsup:

Quote from: mike3775 on May 31, 2009, 05:28:56 AM
Another trick I do is to have a piece of elevated rail next to the highway as well, which helps line up the piece somewhat as well.

well, I tried that and it didn't help in any way
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Dexist

mmm i hear people talk about heavy rail and elevated heavy rail? whats the differents.
i mean in the normal maxis rail called heavy rail?

deathtopumpkins

Heavy rail is what you drag with the rail tool. Elevated heavy rail is the elevated rail viaduct pieces.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

jmvl

Hello everyone,

The RHW-4 to RHW-6C transition with 2 MIS Ramps is completed now. Special thanks to Alex (Tarkus), who made its wonderful North American textures. And especially for haljackey: this time I'm not using European textures with American ones. :D Anyway, here are the pictures:

MandelSoft

The left part of your piece seems a bit too large and so it doesn't connect with the RHW-4 well.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jmvl

You're right, Maarten. Thanks for notice that. ;) I'm going to ask Alex an improved texture right now.

deathtopumpkins

So, um, when are you going to be releasing these completed pieces?  :P I have some places I could really use them.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Dexist

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on May 31, 2009, 09:40:05 AM
So, um, when are you going to be releasing these completed pieces?  :P I have some places I could really use them.

yeah and are all these new pieces also in the euro texture mod for rhw?

io_bg

^ No, of course. Somebody will have to make the textures for them. :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

KoV Liberty

Could we have working El RHW over RHW? My network underneath converts to RHW 2 when it passes over. Even if it is only a puzzle piece for the overpass could we still have one?

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Korot

Isn't it there already? Is the section of RHW after the overpass long enough, IE: 5-8 tiles?

CityMaster563

Yeah, and how about RHW over RHW, or Maxis highway over RHW?
every time I try to make an elevated RHW 4 over RHW 6 or wider, the highway below becomes 2 RHW 2s.
Also, I really could use Elevated RHW 6,8, and 10. Are there going to be Elevated RHW 6,8, and 10???  ()what()
Coastland Region: The SC4 Story:
http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/4478-coastland-region-the-sc4-
story/
The story of two major counties, Ashville and Coastland, battle out to have an individual city reach 1 million sims, but a major storm destroys one city, and a major. What will now happen?
Coming soon: SimCity 4, Full 3D Art (a museum tour)