• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opkl

Quote from: Tarkus on January 22, 2011, 04:04:11 PM
If you're referring to a ramp interface-and-transition all-in-one, while it has been considered, it has generally been deemed too "pre-fab" to fit in with the modularity standards of the project.

-Alex

Something like a ramp that will connect to a frontage road but for a srunken RHW network.

Blue Lightning

Oh, speaking of other elevated networks...

v4.2 or v4.3, depending.

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

ivo_su

Quote from: Blue Lightning on January 22, 2011, 04:48:48 PM

v4.2 or v4.3, depending.

Do you have photos of elevated RHW-8 I'd love to see them because I do work for clover intersection RHW-10 with RHW-8

- Ivaylo

Opkl

jdenm8

I like the progress so far on ERHW-6S and C!

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Nego

&apls &apls &apls Excellent work on the ERHW-6C, BlueLightning! Can't wait to see more!

Edit: Just wondering but how are the RHW TuLEPs coming along?

Twinsfan14

Quote from: Blue Lightning on January 22, 2011, 04:48:48 PM

v4.2 or v4.3, depending.

Mmm, those look tasty. Can't wait to put these bad boys into action. The interchange possibilities will be endless! Funny, because we said that when all of the past RHW's were released....

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Going to have to redo most of my urban centers with this tool.
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Ramona Brie

Nice work! (To see a picture of the RHW-3 to understand what exactly it entails would be nice, by the way. Just one picture.)

I recently tore out a couple dozen blocks of one of my older cities to put in a new sunken RHW-6C with left exit interchanges (using the Center Ramps transition and elevated road). It was a city so old that the RHW connections out of the city did not have neighbor connectors, but this new RHW stretch is modern and new.

jdenm8

Aww... you guys are sooooooooooo persistent :P

(We know about the lineup issue and have fixed it already)

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

CasperVg

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

metasmurf

Finally I can build budget 2+1 roads like this  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Quote from: Tarkus on January 20, 2011, 12:04:40 PM
Currently, the ERHW-4 and EMIS cannot go over GLR.  I attempted to do something about that a couple of times, back when RHW Version 3.0 and 4.0 were in development, but ran into some unexpected issues with the implementation and the override then, so that fell by the wayside.  I am planning to revisit it before Version 4.2 comes out, however.

I've been thinking about T-RAM and Tram-Avenue overpasses as well . . . I think they could be very useful additions and would not be difficult to add, though they'll require some careful CheckTyping and design because they'd be three-network objects.

-Alex

That's great news!  &apls RHW & light rail/tram systems are both integral parts of my cities so more interfacing options between the two would be extremely useful to me!

Great work on the ERHW6 stuff Vince, the RHW3 stuff jdenm8, and the various transitions and ERHW2 Alex!  &apls

gooper1

Can you RHW guys make double-decker RHW-4's? That would be really helpful to me because then I can fit 8 lanes of highway in 2 tiles!

Also, can you make more levels of ramps (also FLUPs under elevated networks, if possible)? I heard it's being worked on, but will it be out soon?

Great work on the RHW project, everyone.
-Gooper1
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Bunny is a friend of weasels. So should you. GO WEASELS GO!

MandelSoft

^^ No, that will not be done, since it would suffer severe traffic issues. SC4 calculates capacity per tile basis, rather than per lane. This is requested multiple times before, but it will probably never happen due to this reason.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Nego

@gooper1: Other heights of ramps are being worked on. I believe that there are planned to be:
7.5m -  Incomplete
15m  -  Complete
22.5m- Incomplete
30m  -  Incomplete

Click Here for some development pics!

gooper1

Quote from: mrtnrln on January 23, 2011, 06:51:54 AM
^^ No, that will not be done, since it would suffer severe traffic issues. SC4 calculates capacity per tile basis, rather than per lane. This is requested multiple times before, but it will probably never happen due to this reason.

Then why did Tarkus say that double-decker RHWs would come out in version 1.3 or something in the beginning of this thread? It never did...

Quote from: Nego on January 23, 2011, 08:44:52 AM
@gooper1: Other heights of ramps are being worked on.

Nice that you're making that! I can't wait!
Finally, a four-level stack!

Another question:
Are HOV lanes possible for RHWs? That would be nice...
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Bunny is a friend of weasels. So should you. GO WEASELS GO!

Ramona Brie

Wow, the RHW3 is nice! J, I do like the layout of that little farm area too with the frontage roads.

Haljackey

This mod just keeps getting better and better. 4.2 could almost be classified as 5.0!  :o

MandelSoft

Quote from: gooper1 on January 23, 2011, 09:01:20 AM
Then why did Tarkus say that double-decker RHWs would come out in version 1.3 or something in the beginning of this thread? It never did...
RHW v1.3 is way back when MIS even didn't exist! In the mean time, our modding knowledge has vastly extended and so I think there will never be double-decker RHW's, just as there will never be pre-fab RHW-interchanges

Nice that you're making that! I can't wait!
Finally, a four-level stack!
I don't want to spoil the party, but there's still a lot that needs to be done. I think it won't make it into the mod until v5.0.

Another question:
Are HOV lanes possible for RHWs? That would be nice...
They wouldn't be functional, but I reserved some IIDs for the RHW-6C/8C cosmetic pieces.  Who knows... I'm in the puzzle piece creation mood today  ;)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE