• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: Dexter on May 24, 2011, 09:35:01 AM
Will there be a Euro version of the new textures, with just literally a white line in place of the yellow?  While the currently available Euro texture sets are great, they're not exactly to my taste (no disrespect intended).

Yes, the plan all along with the new V5-Spec set is that a Euro set of the same specifications would also be produced, and hopefully, it'll be released simultaneously with the mod itself.  I'm working on using a Photoshop Action script to automate the process, and am doing the same to produce Concrete and Dark Asphalt ("Darkphalt") variants.

Also is there anything similar to what I've drawn below going to be in the next release?

The first one with the RHW-4 curving off diagonally will not be in Version 4.2.  The other two, however, will be.

On another note, I've decided to unveil "Secret Weapon #1" of RHW Version 4.2 with a new YouTube video . . . hope you enjoy.  :)  (It also comes in an HD 720p format.)

http://www.youtube.com/v/Yd9MumOT9Po

-Alex

ivo_su

Welcome all on page 400
This is a great achievement for the NAM team - can gather so much attention and interest from all of us to rise to this long discussion.
To think only of you guys where you started and how far did you come to this project. Maybe now with the law assuming RHW like logo or business card of the NAM team. I want to express my special congratulations to Alex, Maarten, Blue Lightning, Shadow Assasin and all those who contributed to the development of RHW. Deep bow to you guys. Incidentally enough telling is the fact that no other team has such a long thread of discussion and so much interest.

Ivo

Dexter

Sweet, can't wait to see it released  :)
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

teddyrised

@Tarkus: What an awesome way to kickstart the 400th page with the FlexSPUI puzzle piece! Just one question though - is EMIS supported for FlexSPUI?

Nego

Really nice video, Tarkus. &apls The new FlexSPUIs look really nice and seem much easier to use than the current ones on v4.1. :thumbsup: It's just one more thing I'm excited for in version 4.2. Can't wait for Part 2!

Exla357

Simply incredible.....thanks to everyone on NAM here, I am so stunned and proud I don't know what to say....I would just like to express my sincere gratitude for all your hard work and effort, it has paid off!

-Alex

woodb3kmaster

At long last, the FlexSPUI! I remember way back when you hinted at it around the release of RHW 4.0, and now, it's even better than I had imagined. Bravo, Alex (and everyone else on the RHW Team)!

One question: In the video, you demonstrated dragging dual ERHW-4s with a center median over the FlexSPUI pieces with a three-tile center. Will we be able to do the same with the ERHW-6C?

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

jacksunny

That's awesome  &apls Next up, an elevated FlexSPUI  :D

GDO29Anagram

Also is there anything similar to what I've drawn below going to be in the next release?

That RHW-4 Ramp, not the diagonal B-Ramp? That's what Maarten would call a "TOTSO" ramp, essentially an "Inverted RHW-4 B Ramp". (Just as I thought-so... :D )

Maarten, I like the idea (And now the name), and I'm gonna expand it, using RHW-4 as the example:
- TOTSO-A - RHW4 branches parallel to MIS (Think S-curve TOTSO; Different than an Inside RHW-4 A-Ramp)
- TOTSO-B - RHW4 branches at a 45° angle to MIS, as Dexter has shown (Think 45°-Curve TOTSO)
- TOTSO-D (or TOTSO-C, if the new nomenclature ever gets its way) - RHW4 branches in an FA fashion.

(Alert me if you thought of the same thing.) Diagrams will ensue. ;)

@jacksunny:) + ;) + :D + $%Grinno$% + :P = ?!! That's all I'm saying.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jdenm8

Quote from: Nego on May 24, 2011, 02:08:24 PM
Can't wait for Part 2!

he he he... it might just be the rest of the functionality of that piece. Tarkus didn't show all of its capabilities...
Then there's SecretNetwork  $%Grinno$%

Not saying any more :P

@woodb3kmaster,
Yes, pretty much all of the new and existing RHWs will work with FlexSPUI.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

legoman786

samerton

Wow..! Great new features and the FlexSPUI looks amazing.

Ramona Brie

*gawks* Oh my goodness.

BTW, I actually paused to see some of the stuff in your TAB rings...like Type A1 TuLEPs that say "(Rotate for Dashed)" and new "Transistion" [sic] pieces. (I also noticed you had two roundabout buttons...RaBETs?  ()what())

Nego

Quote from: jdenm8 on May 24, 2011, 07:12:45 PM
Then there's SecretNetwork  $%Grinno$%

I think I know the secret network. :D And if I'm right, you've really out done yourselves with it. Great job! &apls My lips are sealed. (accept to NAM Team members)

noahclem

Great video Alex!  &apls  It's exciting to have the first "secret weapon" seeing the light of day  ;)

Quote from: Tracker on May 25, 2011, 11:08:58 AM
(I also noticed you had two roundabout buttons...RaBETs?  ()what())
I haven't seen any RaBETs running around but there is something very cool that can be done with an extra roundabout menu....  ;D 
Though in this case I doubt that's what it's doing there.

Quote from: Nego on May 25, 2011, 12:24:45 PM
I think I know the secret network. :D
interesting....

MandelSoft

The secret network is so secret, that even we, the rest from the NAM Team, don't know what it is... or were even aware of it  :D
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

ivo_su

Quote from: mrtnrln on May 25, 2011, 01:45:04 PM
The secret network is so secret, that even we, the rest from the NAM Team, don't know what it is... or were even aware of it  :D
Only Alex Is informed of the secret networks and surprising  innovations. I'm surprised you in NAM did not share any on what works. I thought that you divide the work and help but it really shocked me.

Ivo

MandelSoft

Well, we did know about the FlexSPUI. But there are some projects we don't even know about from each other, mainly because they need a heck of a lot of work before it's functional in any way, and sometimes these projects get even cancelled (like my Prime Road Avenue Mod, which was cancelled due to redundancy with the NWM and the TuLEPs).

Don't worry, this is only a very small part of what we do. Most of the stuff we do share  ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

JoeST

and of course, the more people that know, the less likely it is to stay secret.  ???  $%#Ninj2
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Blue Lightning

Well, sometimes when we have things that are rather revolutionary we keep it secret for a while.. anyone remember FLEXFly? :P
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project