• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightygoose

heh that spreadsheet is some feat.... sorry i didn't post again before the new year its just drunken debauchery caught up with me and stole me away to the den's of inequity nearby... lol hope everyone had a great one.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

vab423

Quote from: dedgren on December 31, 2007, 03:35:37 AM
vab23

Contrary to how other folks pronounce it, the 4 is not silent.   ;)

I just finished catching up and am, as always, impressed by 3RR and wonder how you find the time.  Keep up the great work and happy new year to you.  I hope 2008 is better for you and your family.

EDITHey, ma'am- "23" just had that ring to it... -DE

EDIT:  "23" that's how old I am ... yeah, that's it.  %$payas)(

EDITWhoa, it's not every day I take 400 years off someone's age - just kidding, ma'am. -DE

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

jplumbley

So.. thats who is looking over my shoulder every second of every day.  Im just glad its not 1984.

That is quite a list there David.  Now, if only you put that much time and effort into your job when you started, you might actually be able to play SC4 24 hours a day 7 days a week... LOL  Not that your a slacker or anything.

Well.. I am excited to see what you have decided to do next, with the release of the new RHW your highway system may just be a little more fun to play with.  And I hope you can get some SAM promos in there LOL.  Maybe, just maybe... I know wishful thinking.

Keep up the awesome w..... Whatever it is you do.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Pat

David WOW I missed quite a few things in the past few days RL stuff... WOW OK im now at how many post eeek!!! that list was just amazing and all the stuff last few days since i last poked my head in here on pg 122.... BTW Happy New Years and I hope you had a safe and happy one at that!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Giligone

Happy new year Dedgren. I've not been around here a while thats for sure. I just spent a good while flipping back through some pages and I'm blown away by the work going on here. Your topo maps are perfect. Diagonal runways!? I can't wait. Your 'compendium of maps' is amazing as well. I really liked your post a couple dozen pages back about conspiracies of existance, haha. The Idaho one is really amusing. I think I'm going to have to come back here more often now.  :satisfied:

dedgren

At some point this next week 3RR will, here at SC4D, catch up with and pass the number of page views that we have over at ST.

We'll also, at both sites, hit 50,000 page views at just about the same time (ST page views, just like the Energizer Bunny [linkie] run at a fairly constant 66 per week- here it's about double that).  It'll be interesting to see which 3RR Regular* rolls the odometer.

It's all been done by you.  Thanks again so much!

David

* Heh!  First reminder of 2008- a 3RR Regular is anyone who has commented at least once in 3RR here or over at 3RR-ST.

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

petercintn

WOW!  David, you have out done yourself.  And made a lot of catching up for me to do.  Which I mean to get started on pronto.  If I happen to refer to something long ago, I'll be sure to reference it.  I'm going to &hlp to get it done.  But before I do I like to pubicly thank you for all the kind words and encouragement, and for being my SC4 guru, you've enlightened my gaming skills greatly!
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

Gaston

Just wanted to stick my head in and say hi.   I am off to caucus in just a bit.   Glad to see all is still going well.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

mightygoose

i wonder who is going to get the 0000 view....

threestooges

One thing I'm curious to know is, short of watching the post counter, how can you tell who trips it?

dragonshardz

Obviously David has some amazing admin abilities we don't....

such as getting an alert the instant a post count is tripped.

CabraBuitre

.. not even an post count... a view count!

Check out Abelfarei!

Ryan B.

Another division of 3RR DOT is the Traffic Signals Division.  This division builds, maintains, and times all of the region's traffic signals.

Here is a prototype signal:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6333/avenuexavenuetlayl8.png

Please direct all questions & comments about traffic signals to my PM inbox, and I will answer your questions there.

Pat

David i can bet that the mark is gonna be hit here first lol... as to whos gonna ring that bell???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Love the traffic signal, burgsabre87! The horizontal set-up reminds me of Atlantic City and other places I've been, though Atlantic City is the only one that's popping into my head at the moment.

As for the view count, I don't know how David's going to find out who got it, but if anyone can figure it, it's David!

Heblem

wow almost the same views over here and ST! 50k im amazed excellent work!

Kitsune

I'm 99.9% sure theres a tool for SMF that allows someone to be notified on a view count, but what happens if the 50K view comes from a guest? But 50K views is extremely impressive.
~ NAM Team Member

mightygoose

ryan (burgsabre) those are brilliant sign models and thanks for the msn add. SMF does indeed have a view count notification.... if it is a guest we will have an honourary john doe [linkie] on the regulars list lol....

dedgren

Heh!

QuoteI'm 99.9% sure theres a tool for SMF that allows someone to be notified on a view count

Nothing near so sophisticated for me.  I'm sure I'll be keeping an eye out, at least here, as we approach 50K.  Page views these days are a relatively constant 5-6 per hour, so it's not exactly, on those terms, trying to keep up with a speeding bullet.

I will just rely on whichever 3RR Regular* snaps me a screenie of being on 3RR when the odometer rolls.  I realize that some folks may just camp out here and wait, but the more- the merrier, that's how I look at it.  Someone could get up virtual umbrella drinks and we could have a party...

So, we'll see what happens.

EDIT:  The gap, btw, between here and 3RR-ST is down to about 600 and closing.

David

* A 3RR Regular is anyone who has posted at least once here at 3RR, or over at 3RR-ST.
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

mightygoose

i'll camp if available, transit back across the UK occurs on sunday so may not be available... but at 5-6 an hour that puts tilt at 280hours, however i reckon it will be far less...