• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

douwe

Not to be picky, but check the spelling of Winnipeg.

Great signs, by the way.
"As 't net ken sa 't moet, dan moet 't mar sa 't ken"
Old Frisian Proverb

dedgren

"Winnepeg"- OMG, will I ever overcome my shame...

Not being picky at all, Douwe, my friend.  In fact, you've just joined the ranks of the 3RR Fact-Checkers, and a suitable ceremony will be held shortly.

I was zipping out the door and saw some comments, so I will most certainly have some stuff to reply to when I get home tonight.

In the meantime, here's another bit of stuff from the shelf - the 3RR Proposed Freeway map (as of 2007).

Click here [linkie] for a version you can actually see.  Note, IE Explorer users, that these are .gifs.  The easy-read version in 2,560x2,560, weighs in at about 800Kb, and will open in a new window.

More (much more) about proposed freeways later (months, probably).  Some will get built, others will get fought over.  We'll see.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

hmm a freeway debates hmmm this sounds intresting lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Since transport systems are one of the most difficult elements for me, I'm always pleased to see one designed by an expert. I don't see as many bridges as I might have expected, but there are other ways of crossing water of course.
Anyway, that's an awesome map you have there, and it just keeps getting better and better.

Until next time...
Joan

BigSlark

David,

That map is amazing! It gives me a great idea of how far apart everything is in 3RR.

I have a suggestion, though...

Could F-60 be rerouted to serve as the Aurora Bypass and take a new right of way north of Highway 4, splitting the distance between Grass Prairie and Woodstock? A nifty interchange at the current 4 & 7 Intersection complete with Ghost Ramps for Future 60 would be interesting and a great use of the forthcoming MIS. I also for see the possibility of a new secondary highway south from where Highway 22 turns east towards Wolf Lake in S.E. Crooked to 122 in N.W. Yellow. I see this new road (222 perhaps?) being an upgraded dirt/gravel farm or logging road. This wouldn't require a change in the routing of F-60 around Wolf Lake. What do you think, David?

Cheers,
Kevin

Yoman

Hmm, that spur 437 will be very helpful to me. Great work on the maps as always.

freedo50

Quote from: dedgren on October 16, 2007, 10:42:07 AM
In the meantime, here's another bit of stuff from the shelf - the 3RR Proposed Freeway map.

Where can I get one of those shelves?

Seriously though David, you really never cease to amaze me, your plan for fighting over highways etc. is just something 99.999% of people would never thought of doing. But then, of course, we knew you were in that 0.0001% anyway.

Fred

Ryan B.

Trust me, you really don't want one of those shelves.  I guarantee that you'd have no room for it in your house.   :P

Y'all remember the first 3RR signs I posted?  Well, I'm going to start all over again with some textures that David is providing me with (thanks a ton!), alpha maps, etc.  I want to give the citizens of 3RR the best and clearest signage possible.

emilin

I'll have to start an environmental group for the preservation of "Stockholm" right away, then. ;D

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

mightygoose

hmm, let the procrastination and bureaucracy begin...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bat

A great looking map there, David! :thumbsup:

dedgren

One hundred and forty years ago today the Russians, who had sold Alaska to the United States (nobody asked, by the way, the locals, who had only been here several thousand years) about six months before, sealed the deal by transferring the keys to the Executive Mansion liquor cabinet in a ceremony held at Sitka.

Well, that's close- here's more if you're interested [linkie].

Now, most of you know Alaska as a state located a little west of Hawaii lying somewhere to the south of California.

It's a little smaller than Texas...

...or at least would be if a couple of hundred folks forgot to turn off their hair dryers some morning...

...and I call it home.

The big thing about Alaska Day, though, is that it's a state holiday.  The courts are closed and so is my office.  A whole day to contemplate the richness of living in the 49th State.

Coming up later today in 3RR- We make a license plate...

...and don't even have to go to prison to do it.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

thundercrack83

Now, most of you know Alaska as a state located a little west of Hawaii lying somewhere to the south of California.

HA! That was very clever! I hope you're enjoying Alaska Day, my friend! I with Pennsylvania had a day like that!

Jmouse

Very clever, David. :thumbsup: I hope it's a bright and happy day for all our fellow Americans in Alaska.

Until next time...
Joan

Pat

Quote...and don't even have to go to prison to do it.

But how are you gonna get them mass produced then since you didnt have to go to prision for them David? ? ? ?
Either Way David.....

HApPY AlAsKa DaY!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Rayden

I didn't know that it belonged to Russia. I always thought that it was discovered and colonized my american pioneers, looking for gold and other metals. &mmm

BigSlark

David,

Happy Alaska Day! I'm glad to hear that Mississippi isn't the only place with unique state holidays...

So, did you go to a parade today or spend it inside orchestrating the world that is 3RR?

Cheers,
Kevin

Tarkus

Hi David-

Now that is some nice roadgeekery there. :thumbsup:  I, like Fred, wouldn't mind getting one of those aforementioned shelves either. :D  The amount of detail you always go into amazes me.  That list of highway exits was way cool.

Hope you have an enjoyable Alaska Day.  I wish we had a state holiday here in Oregon, but no such luck. $%Grinno$%

-Alex

meldolion

Happy Alaska Day David!! never tought once belonged to Russia :)  %confuso

dedgren

I've never been much for the whole "Welcome to Page Whatever" deal, but I know folks enjoy flipping the odometer.  We, of course, have been recognizing "Double-0'S" since we started 3RR on SC4D (and speaking of that, I owe Kevin (BigSlark) honors for nailing comment 1,900 the other day), so it kind of amused me to look up while researching my next comment and realizing that the next 3RR Regular* that posts will open page

...'just blows me away- never had a clue we'd come this far...

Thanks to each and every one of you.

David

*  You are a 3RR Regular if you've ever commented once here, or over at 3RR-ST.  Lurkers are 3RR Regulars, too- it just hasn't been confirmed for them yet.

D. Edgren

Please call me David...