• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Alancy - The city you'd love to live - UPDATED 04/06

Started by Pikatchoum, April 14, 2007, 02:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pikatchoum

___---'''''---______---'''''---___ ALANCY ___---'''''---______---'''''---___

Hi everyone.

As the Datpacker gave me back the pleasure to play, i started a new city, Alancy.
Maybe some of you know my other cities, i'll ,of course, continue them (untill i'll finish them :p ) but as Alancy got a different style, I'm looking for other ways of developpement and playing with it and i guess that will keep me on this city for a while.

Well, last detail but not the least, i'm french so please forgive my english. ;)

To begin, 3 screens of the city center. More pics and closer pics in the next update.

______________________ Summary ___________________________________________________________

-Page 1 :       -Introduction (you're reading it :p )
                     - Update 02 Alancy

-Page 2 :      - Update 03 : Alancy : Stadium and underpriviledged areas.

-Page 3 :      - Update 04 : Alancy : Along the expressway / Financial district.

-Page 4 :      - Mosaic : Alancy : Form the city center to the financial district.
                      - Update 05 : Alancy : Place du Tertre / Suburb
                      - Update 06 : Alancy : Suburbs : Lake, school, shopping : what else ?

-Page 5 :      - Update 07 : Havrancy : Boulevard Alexandre Martin
                      - Update 08 : Havrancy : Historic center

meinhosen

Sweet, I think I've got the first view and the first comment!

That's a nice looking city you've built - I'm a big fan of the 5-way 6-way (I jus' dun lurned haw ta count) intersection near the bridge (you'll have to share how you did that), the whole waterfront, and that huge railway station.

Great work!  :thumbsup:
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

M4346

This is looking good, for the most part, and I particularly like the 6-way avenue intersection too!  :thumbsup:

It's difficult, however, to label it with a particular style, i.e. European, American, Eastern European, Dutch, Parisian, etc. as it is such a mixture of so many styles, without one in particular standing out. Not that it is a bad thing, and we've only seen two images thus far! :P

Looking forward to getting a 'feel' for both your playing style and city style!

-M-
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

TheTeaCat

Very interesting start mon ami :thumbsup:

yes that intersection  &apls

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

M4346

Quote from: meinhosen on April 14, 2007, 03:01:12 PM
That's a nice looking city you've built - I'm a big fan of the 5-way 6-way (I jus' dun lurned haw ta count) intersection near the bridge

Well I didn't want to say anything that would suggest that... :P I initially missed the bridge as one of the 6 "ways," but upon closer inspection I realised that that too should be counted.  $%Grinno$%
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

praiodan

I remember your San Esteban from earlier times and I've always been always marveling at your style of laying out and building up your cities. And honestly, I still do, looking at this new city of yours &apls

EDIT: So, the title is true, I'd really love to live in such a place  :P

thundercrack83

Beautiful start, my friend! I love your transportation networks and the waterfront looks fantastic, too. I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

Antoine

kwakelaar

I think your first picture is great, I love the square with the streets radiating into the city and how you have made your river banks, wonderful looking city here Pikatchoum.

dioangel

Oh I'm going to love this!  &apls very well detailed.  ;D

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

guurgkud

oh wow.. that is tremendous! Would definately love to live in a place like that... or at least visit  :thumbsup:
]http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7083.0]

Come discover its mysteries...
Tristania // Revisited

Pikatchoum

Well, thanks a lot for this nice coments :)
I'm glad to see some well known persons here.

Somes answers :

-M4346 : In fact, this city is for me mostly européan, but i'vae to mix a lot of différent buildings to make a w2w city, and there is definately a lack of this kind of buildings to make a w2w city only "european".*

-For the Head Bridge, that's really easy to make with the NAM. Just make that kind of intersection drawing avenues and that's all ^^.

Of course, thanks a lot praiodan, guurkud, dioangel, kwakelaar, thundercrack83, TheTeaCat, and meinhosen:)

Let's go for the second update :) .

---April, 17th , Update 2---

_________ 17 Avril - MàJ 2 _______________

Antoine

dioangel

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

Emperor Stormont

Wonderful set of updates, the city looks fantastic  &apls &apls

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

emilin

Good stuff. The transit network is amazing! &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

tankmank

this cj c'est super j'adore the uniqueness of this city all the diffrent dtyles in one it is amazing

thundercrack83

Another beautiful update, my friend! I love the style of your city!

guurgkud

another tremendous update. i just love that first picture  :thumbsup:
]http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7083.0]

Come discover its mysteries...
Tristania // Revisited

kwakelaar

Yes, that square you've started out with is very well made. I also see a lot of smaller parks and squares scattered around your city, this is making it a very attractive looking place. There are so much detail, I would think this has taken a lot of time to come to this result.
A very nice looking city :thumbsup: