• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glazert

I think my first post in this thread was looking forward to the possibility of RHW-10 - there is a real-world 10-lane stretch in central Glasgow, and I have come across others in Britain. Soon there will be nothing in the real world which we can't do here as a result of those who have worked hard on RHW and other NAM innovations!

nerdly_dood

Excellent work with the RHW-10! I am curious, though, as to how they are made - is there a center starter piece and one for each edge (which would enable many more than 10 lanes) or is it just a single RHW-10 starter piece?
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

pagenotfound

Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

Tarkus

Glad you all like the RHW-10!  nerdly, to answer your question, it's basically set up like the RHW-6S.

Another little new development, which I think some will enjoy.  I'm still tweaking it some more, to get the placement working a little better.

-Alex (Tarkus)

deathtopumpkins

Ooh... diagonal...

That's not something you see every day.

And that RHW-10 shown earlier is insane too!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

metarvo

Judging by the other pics, this one seems to show a diagonal RHW-4 with a MIS ramp exit.  However, I had to look closely to see if it was diagonal or not.  That's good, right? :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

metasmurf

Really nice Tarkus  &apls Question: will there be on/offramps for RHW-3 in the next version?

Cheers

un1

The RHW-10 scares me a little...  :D

Amazing Tarkus, I think that we will have tons of teasers then there will be a realese... I think that it might come in Mid-October now...

-un1

Patricius Maximus

It is diagonal.

This is something I need... see the Patrician Showcase for more info...

godjcjk12

I've been MIA  /wrrd%& for quite some time because of school but I've always managed to check and see the great progress that RHW is maintaining. Great work Tarkus. ;) Will RHW-10 have onramps that shoot of it as opposed to being one tile off the main RHW?

nerdly_dood

Whoa - type A diagonal! Type B diagonal would be useful... (and so would everything else that's available as orthagonal for that matter...)

@ Godjcjk12: I think it's pretty certain that RHW-10 will also have a type-B MIS offramp too.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

b22rian

Quote from: Haljackey on October 04, 2008, 09:08:09 PM
Wow... 10 lanes... Something many have wanted since the release of Rush Hour (or earlier!). 

Because something of this size has never been made for SC4 yet, it looks somewhat out of place to me due to its sheer bulk.  But, there's a first for everything!

In fact, this may make the Multi-RHW obsolete (Which I just made a new guide for in the hows-tos section).
-That is, unless you want a RHW-20 :P.

Best,
-Haljackey

When i first saw it i was left spechless..!
it is out of place as you say because its just so amazing ..
Its like a dream come true this has come so far...
I guess the wider ones, the 8 and 10 laners.. was always something i wanted the most in this game..

Thanks a lot Alex for everything..

Brian

MandelSoft

Cool! A diagonal ramp. That will give us a huge boost of possible interchanges (a ortho-diagonal cloverleaf for example?)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

bat

That diagonal ramp is looking nice and useful! Still looking forward to more teasers...

ma360

I thought about something:
It could be interesting to have the possibility to make express lines and ramp line

See a exemple here
http://maps.google.ca/maps?ie=UTF8&hl=fr&ll=43.819658,-79.10948&spn=0.005241,0.01369&t=k&z=17

Watch carefully the ramb between the express lines and the ramps lines

http://maps.google.ca/maps?ie=UTF8&hl=fr&ll=43.820122,-79.109285&spn=0.00131,0.003422&t=k&z=19&source=embed

pilotdaryl

redraider147

Quote from: ma360 on October 06, 2008, 02:34:10 PM
It could be interesting to have the possibility to make express lines and ramp line

See a exemple here
http://maps.google.ca/maps?ie=UTF8&hl=fr&ll=43.819658,-79.10948&spn=0.005241,0.01369&t=k&z=17

http://maps.google.ca/maps?ie=UTF8&hl=fr&ll=43.820122,-79.109285&spn=0.00131,0.003422&t=k&z=19&source=embed

umm it already is possible...haljackey can tell you all about it...i can post a pic if you need...

Haljackey

Quote from: ma360 on October 06, 2008, 02:34:10 PM

See a exemple here

Quote from: redraider147 on October 06, 2008, 03:23:24 PM
haljackey can tell you all about it.

Actually I don't need to! :P

I just posted a revised guide on the "NAM How-Tos and Tutorials" about making a Multi-RHW with version 20.

However, I know you are talking about the transitions between the two ma360.  Currently you need to use MIS/one way roads to connect them together, but version 21 should be different.  You may be able to split off a RHW-4 off a RHW-8 to connect with another RHW-4 to form another RHW-8, connecting the collector and express lanes together. 

However thats just an assumption for now.  You can bet that I will play around with the concept when version 0.21 becomes public and post my findings, forming a guide soon after.

Anyways I hope you find this info and the new guide useful!

Best,
-Haljackey

Zack

Quote from: metarvo on October 05, 2008, 04:48:05 AM
The RHW-10 is here!  Way to go, Alex! :thumbsup:  Maybe it will be released on Halloween, and maybe not.  The most important thing to me is that it will be good, but I don't think I have any worries there. :)

EDIT:  As of 9:16 a.m. CDT, I did see this interesting number appear in the poll:

Judging by its position, I wonder if it's some kind of sign. ::)
Oi Vey. heres the truth ok, I think tarkus will Not release this addon until next year. ??? why? because hes got a RL and he cant be doing this for his whole life. and sine he wont tell us the ETA, thats his descision. I decided to vote for 2009 and beyond or it may never be released at all  &mmm

Haljackey

Quote from: Zack on October 06, 2008, 05:59:43 PM
I decided to vote for 2009 and beyond or it may never be released at all  &mmm

It will be released.  Version 0.21 is nearly finished!  The question is, when?   ()what()

Best,
-Haljackey