• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

O M G Alex...  &apls Now how on earth is that implemented!?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

redraider147

i do believe i saw solid line next to dashed correctly displayed going into one of the curves where i then see double yellow lines...is this an override with puzzle pieces, or is it natural?

Blue Lightning

Ooooh! The intersections are diagonal AND blend nicely!  :thumbsup: And I'm still trying to start my override and intersection ordering stuff.

DTP: IntersectionOrderingRUL; 0x10000001

Keep it up!
Vince
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

carkid1998

Did I notice new RHW-2 orthogonal textures on the top pic?? :)
Sendona... Coming soon!

metarvo

Are those really wide 90-degree curves for the RHW-2?  Maybe I'll be able to stop downgrading to regular Roads for curves now.  Of course, I always welcome more diagonal functionality.  :)

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

just_a_guy

I agree with metarvo, no more downgrading to normal road with this! It looks great! I hope 45 degree curves are next. It'll be highly useful.
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

jmvl

Looks great, Tarkus. :thumbsup: Wide 90-degree curve Puzzle Pieces for the RHW-2 are a great addon!

nerdly_dood

Whoa - nice!! I'd like to hear/see more about the dashed/solid line at the bottom right after that turn on the RHW2, too.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

io_bg

Great job on these curves, Alex! They'll be very useful! :thumbsup: And the street crossings look good, too!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

allan_kuan1992

Oh wow. Curves and custom lines... Hmm... btw are those new texture dragging variations? =P

- Allan Kuan

Ryan B.

That's sweet, Alex.  The diagonal street connectivity will really help with rural RHWs, like you'd see on US 290 in Texas, around where I used to live.

Great job, and keep up the good work!

bendy

It seems that elevated MIS over RHW is blocking all traffic on the RHW :( I initially thought there's no way this could be a bug and had to be an issue with conflicts with other plugins. So I removed all my plugins, installed the default March 2009 NAM (with Z medium simulator) and the default RHW but still the issue came up. See images below:

With elevated MIS overpass, no work for the sims who eventually become homeless and have to live under the overpass.

Without elevated MIS overpass, all are happy again

Is this expected? I checked the docs and FAQ and couldn't see anything which implied this should happen.

I have tried redrawing the RHW after placing the MIS but it didn't help. MIS over RHW4 also didn't work but RHW4 over RHW, MIS over road and OWR over RHW all allowed traffic on the RHW. I'm current using elevated OWR as a substitute for MIS when it has to cross RHW but obviously would prefer not to :)

Thanks for your great work!

Tarkus

Hi bendy-

There was a Version 3.2 update that was recently released that has some path fixes incorporated into it, however, it looks like the Left-Hand Drive version of that path escaped detection until now.  Thank you for finding it!

I've attached the fixed path below.

Edit: The Right-Hand Drive path needed fixing as well, so I've removed this attachment.  See the official Version 3.21 fix two posts below, which will fix both RHD and LHD.

-Alex

darraghf

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

bendy

Hi Alex,

Awesome, thanks for that! I love a bugfix that only takes 11 minutes &apls Will test it out when I get home tonight. Are you sure it's only the left hand drive that is problematic? I'm pretty sure I tested the right hand too and that it didn't work either.

thanks again

bendy

update: Actually, when i did the RHD test I just installed the RHD versions of the plugins, didn't do the registry and language updates to make SC be RHD. That possibly could have confused things.

Tarkus

bendy, you're 100% correct on the RHD one.  I'm not sure how that escaped, but it did.  Thank you again for catching that!  +1 Karma for you as well.

Attached below is an official "RHW Version 3.21" patch, with both the LHD and RHD fixes for the EMIS-over-RHW-2 piece.

-Alex

darraghf

should I redownload it if i already have the lhd patch fo the lhd game?
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

Tarkus

Quote from: darraghf on March 15, 2009, 05:39:20 PM
should I redownload it if i already have the lhd patch fo the lhd game?

No, you'll be fine.  The only change was the inclusion of the RHD path as well.

-Alex

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....