• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korot

Yes, those are actually under development right now. Don't know when they will be released though.

Regards,
Korot

Rady

So, the road to the RHW seems to be long and winding  :P

Yesterday I struggled to build an elevated RHW-4 exit-/entrance ramp but utterly failed ...  :thumbsdown:

For whatever reason there might be, the game would let me place the exit-/entrance puzzle piece in only two positions:

This is the overall situation:

When placing the ramp on open ground, I get all four positions (left/right exit/entrance ramp) by rotating the piece. However once I put it on my existing el-RHW-4, I only get the two possibilites shown above.   %confuso

And there is definitely no starter piece in that section of the RHW.

So - is it that the el-RHW-ramps cannot be placed on top of the existing RHW (unlike the other exit pieces e.g. for the RHW-6 or so)?  ()what()

Hmmmmm .. any suggestions are warmly welcome!
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

MandelSoft

I noticed this bug too in the testing stages of the RHW 3.0. Both the RHW-4 and El-RHW-4 A-style ramp are stuck in those positions.

There is only one thing you can do to solve this issue:
- demolish the part of RHW where you want to place your ramp.
- build the ramp
- connect the ramp to the rest of the RHW

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Rady

OK, let me state that I really like the way the RHW looks once it's finished. However, at the very moment I'm just seconds from attaching some explosives on that stuf ...  &hlp &hlp &hlp

Might someone please help me with creating simple onramps (at least I would expect that to be simple, but reality proved otherwise, so that's why I ended up here):

First problem: Why cannnot I create one 90 degree (or two 45 degree) bends with the elevated MIS?

I start with that

but end up with that

or that

Second problem: For gods sake - what's this????  :'( :'( :'( :'(

So ... not exactly how I would like my weekend to start ...   &mmm
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

allan_kuan1992

just refill and start again =O or restart the game. those pieces are known to do that sometimes.

You might not be dragging enough override for situation 1 with the diagonal curve. on the other hand that other sharp curve you can't do at the moment.

Jonathan

You are dragging the 45 curves wrong, you are making a diagonal > straight intersection not curve. You need to either bulldoze the tile I circled or drag the straight bit from that tile in the first place.

Tarkus

Also, there's no RULs supporting a sharp 90-degree Elevated MIS bend, unlike the ground network.  There's no models for one, and thus, there's no RULs.  It'll likely have a prevent blocking it in the next release.

And as far as the "sinkholes" on the diagonal MIS Ramp Interfaces, that's been a known bug for awhile.  It has to do with how the RUL entry is set up.  There are ways around it.

With regards to the difficulty of placing the ERHW/MIS Ramp Interface, I've had the same issue myself but haven't figured out what was going on there.  My initial hypothesis is that it's something to do with the starters on the ends (which, while convenient for network continuation, make pieces harder to place in general), but will need to investigate.

-Alex

j-dub

Yeah, I have had my fair share of the old diagonal giant ramp sink hole, that takes forever to refill. My experience, the diagonal ramp piece always is placed first, then dragged afterwards. Placing the piece over the existing RHW seems to make the sinkhole.

Rady

Thanks to all. It's good to hear that it's not only me beeing the problem  :D

Meanwhile I discovered that dragging the RHW is kind of - well, interresting. I naively thought I can just drag a RHW-4 roundabout ... well it took me some two hours to figure out how to do this. And now it doesn't even look like "round". It's more like an RHW-4 egg. Depending on how you drag and how the end looks like you might or might not drag on into a specific direction .. fortunately I have time this weekend 'cause it's raining ...

Oh - and let me tell you winter is coming. I know 'cause my city decided to freeze a second ago .....

Edit Okt-10: Ok, just to show you the result of your advice (as a kind of "thank you"):

Obviously not the best interchange, but .. my first one.  ;D ;D

It's hard to guess how much space you will need ... I still need to fugure out under which conditions the MIS converts back to a RHW-2 ... that matter didcost me some time when creating those MIS overpasses ....

I will post that in the "show us your intersections" thread to get some comments on improvement ...

ecoba

I love the RHW Modd, and everyone here on the NAM team is doing a great job.

I have one problem though, I have SA's Euro textures from v2.0 installed, but I can't find them to get them uninstalled, as I don't like how they are conflicting with the new textures. Also as soon as I open my general downloads folder- not SC4 Plugins, it exits it out and CTDs, so does anyone have any advice. Also, the texture files are not in my plugins folder...

Sorry if this is a little irrelevant...

Any Help?

Ethan

Rady

I had this mod installed, too, and removed it meanwhile for the same reason. In my installation they were located in the Network Addon Mod\Rural Highway Mod directory. It was some kind oz "zz_*" file.

Shadow Assassin

It is indeed a zz_* file and should have installed into that directory, unless you installed it elsewhere, though I made it clear that the file would not work as effectively unless it was installed in a folder after the RHW mod.

Ethan - check any and all folders that load after the NAM in the plugins root directory. You may have to split your plugins folder in half and do a binary search (basically using a process of elimination by dividing folders in half for as many times as is needed).

Alternatively, delete your NAM folder and reinstall. If the mod's still appearing, then it's in another folder.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

vinlabsc3k

As ever good work Alex (Tarkus), :thumbsup:
can u see us a little preview of RHW v4, plz?? :'(
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

ecoba

Thanks, Daniel.

Deleting the NAM folder worked! I knew the texture file was in there!

Ethan

Tarkus

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on October 11, 2009, 01:08:09 AM
As ever good work Alex (Tarkus), :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on October 11, 2009, 01:08:09 AM
can u see us a little preview of RHW v4, plz?? :'([/size][/font]

Well, you already have been seeing a preview of it here, and at this moment, I don't really have anything new to show on my end for the RHW. Please be patient--good things come to those who wait. ;)

-Alex

metasmurf

I have placement problems with the on/offramp pieces. Say that I want style B for all on/offramps in an interchange. Now, for some reason I'm able to place three of these successfully, but when I try to place the last exitramp, it's simply impossible because when I try to tab to get the right one, it wont show up. Any ideas? Btw, this doesn't only occur with the style b, but also with the diagonal ramp.

Tarkus

metasmurf, sounds like the old controller file is rearing its ugly head in your game.  Make sure you've got the most recent one (July 2009, which can be obtained either through the update or the NAM Essentials package), and there's not an old conflicting one sitting in there.

-Alex

Shadow Assassin

Some PR shots:

I'm such a tease, aren't I?  ::)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

nerdly_dood

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!