• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

Quote from: jdenm8 on May 15, 2011, 06:19:27 PM
Actually, the piece is still the wrong way in LHD.
You can fix it yourself by modifying the VU values for the road texture in the model. As for the bad overpass, copying the correct road one and using it to replace the OWR one while changing the texture to the Orthogonal OWR one will fix the problem.

These fixes are however well beyond what most users are capable of and there are some new and some changed overpass pieces in the upcoming release that won't be covered by the mod.

It is an excellent mod, it just has these few issues which is nothing bigger than what was in, for example, the SAM (which was a section of stability code, PEG Dirt Road over Rail doesn't carry the override even with the texture replaced).

EDIT: I hate being the one to start a new page :P

ok... simple enough. Fun part is going to be finding the model in all those files... :sleeping:

.... and then making sure I keep it up-to-date.
~ NAM Team Member

jdenm8

Actually, finding the model is deceptively easy. You've just gotta look for the IIDs in the right places  ;)

*cough*RUL0*cough*

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

j-dub

Quote from: kassarc16 on May 15, 2011, 06:00:40 PM
Hey, speaking of Viaduct Facelift mods, is the NAM one available yet?

Sadly no, as far as I know. The new NAM so far would of been defaulted with a facelift for elevated models, so cement barriers would of looked better, especially for building overpasses alone, instead of the black bar rails up top.

jdenm8

Let me clarify that a little :P

The new overpass models should be included in the new NAM, completely replacing the old ones.

Tarkus

We're waiting until NAM Version 30 to release the new models instead of releasing an ad hoc facelift package, in large part since the new models are an integral part of our renewed efforts to bring much-needed additional functionality to the viaducts, and any interim package would end up on a Cleanitol list almost immediately after it gets released.  The NAM viaduct models that are included in the RHW (for the Road/OWR/Avenue-over-RHW pieces) will be updated to the new specs as part of RHW Version 4.2, which is planned to be released simultaneously with the new NAM. 

The only other periphery project that has "stragglers" in it is HSR.  HSR's basically been a dormant project for close to 2 years, and plans for integration of the updates there haven't yet been worked out.  I have actually done a little bit of work "gap-filling" on HSR (ditto with the SAM), but it's been on the backburner for awhile with RL and trying to get all these other projects together, so I don't know yet if there will be a release on that front.

-Alex

Ramona Brie

I wish I could help with the NAM. Summer's approaching for me. But I have no experience for SC4 modding, and my main computer is a Mac...

Exla357

Me too. I feel I need to give something back to all these great people, but I can barley operate the Reader. Is there any way at all that I can help? I have some experience in 3-D modelling. I am also really good with installers and Readmes.  "$Deal"$

-Alex

Tarkus

Summer's approaching for me as well . . . my term at uni ends June 10th, after which point I should have considerably more time to work on things.

We do actually have a pretty full feature set already for Version 4.2 (a substantial part of which we haven't even shown yet), and the biggest thing is fixing up a slew of largely little things . . . paths, mostly, along with some texture-related things, adding some overhangs, and stabilizing some RULs.

If folks want to help out now or in the future, assistance with pathing would be a tremendous help.  The task is usually done in Path Creator, which is a Java-based cross-platform application, and Blue Lightning did a tutorial here.

-Alex

jdenm8

Winter holidays approaching for me too... Four big assignments and four exams all within a few weeks means I'll be away longer than I'd like.

jacksunny

Quote from: Tarkus on May 16, 2011, 05:18:14 PM
If folks want to help out now or in the future, assistance with pathing would be a tremendous help. 
I would help if I knew what I was doing  :D The pathing tutorial is not yet completed.

Blue Lightning

I should probably remove that little tidbit from the tutorial.. cuz it actually is finished. :P

Anyways, a little tease I suppose. Haven't had any in this thread for a while now
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

ivo_su

Quote from: Blue Lightning on May 17, 2011, 02:33:29 PM
I should probably remove that little tidbit from the tutorial.. cuz it actually is finished. :P

Anyways, a little tease I suppose. Haven't had any in this thread for a while now

And is it possible underneath this bridge  to go RHW-10 or this section is not ready?

Tarkus

If you're referring to a ground RHW-10 going under ERHW-6C, then yes.  If you're referring to an ERHW-10, then no, not yet.

-Alex

ivo_su

Would you show me such an intersection  with the  RHW-10 and bottom ERHW-6c to go top. For exactly what  I need  and wait for this version 4.2
but as we talk about which will be further steps in version 4.3 or 5.0

- Ivo

Shadow Assassin

TuLEPs, meet FARHW. FARHW, meet TuLEPs.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on May 17, 2011, 08:31:44 PM
And Ivo, have you forgotten what Tarkus says? "We like to surprise people." It's just that I don't have as much cards up my sleeve as Alex or the others do.

Really, man? And to think I had the same idea for Road/MIS... At least the diamonds look more like diamonds now... :thumbsup:
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Nego

Didn't see that coming. :o Today seems to be a big day for TuLEPs. First 3 cosmetic mods released in 1 day, now FARHW-4 TuLEPS? Great work, Shadow Assassin! :thumbsup:

Twyla

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on May 17, 2011, 08:29:29 PM

TuLEPs, meet FARHW. FARHW, meet TuLEPs.
HOORAY!

Any chance of an orthogonal version with the TuLEPs actually beneath the RHW?

noahclem

Truly beautiful SA!  &apls

@ Twyla - Your best bet for "turning lanes" under RHW would probably be to use MAVE-6 under RHW. Of course it's missing turning arrows and different lane markings but overall it looks pretty good.