• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teddyrised

A million thanks to the NAM team for releasing the newest version of RHW &apls I have rebuilt a handful of my intersections using the new FLEX SPUI pieces, but today I encountered a peculiar problem:

While the top two RHW-4 have no problems connecting to the puzzle pieces, the bottom two doesn't connect properly - instead of connecting, they would be drawn over the FLEX SPUI pieces instead.

Tarkus

I'd recommend trying to click around the FlexSPUI to see if the override will resolve better.  Additionally, try bulldozing a couple tiles of the RHW-4s at the bottom and re-dragging from the FlexSPUI ramp end itself.

-Alex

teddyrised

Quote from: Tarkus on September 21, 2011, 12:08:39 PM
I'd recommend trying to click around the FlexSPUI to see if the override will resolve better.  Additionally, try bulldozing a couple tiles of the RHW-4s at the bottom and re-dragging from the FlexSPUI ramp end itself.

-Alex

It works in half of the cases (by refreshing the piece, dragging avenues or new RHW-4 into the piece), but the problem usually arises when I drag ERHW-4 over the pieces, and it usually affects only one side (from the avenue's point of view) of the intersection.

The elevated FLEX SPUI doesn't seem to have this problem though.

RickD

I could use a piece similar to the RHW-10S Type D2

but without the lane shift/one tile gap.

I understand that the difficulty here is the space requirement. But maybe it could work out if the 6-lane part would be a 6C instead of a 6S?

This piece would help me to further improve this interchange. ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: RickD on September 22, 2011, 01:54:29 PM
I could use a piece similar to the RHW-10S Type D2

but without the lane shift/one tile gap.

I understand that the difficulty here is the space requirement. But maybe it could work out if the 6-lane part would be a 6C instead of a 6S?

Well, that would require either a 10C (which doesn't exist yet) or making yet another monster ramp: The 10S D2 Shift.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

MandelSoft

Maybe it's possible with the new lane widths. I created this puzzle piece when the lanes used to be 5m wide (instead of 4.5m). So maybe it fits now...

EDIT: Tried it (pasting one texture over the other), but no success: the shoulder of the RHW-6S would cover the inner yellow line of the RHW-4.

However, I was thinking, how about a RHW-10S type F2 ramp?
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

noahclem

???

It is entirely possible to have RHW-6S with adjacent to the right (in RHD) RHW-4S. It's actually one of the more exciting things about V5 spec textures. Of course you can't keep the full shoulder of the RHW-6S but there's certainly no lane interference. Covering the 6S's shoulder with the 4S's driving lane requires plopping filler pieces however.

I'll very happily re-request the same as RickD is asking for  :)

MandelSoft

More progress...

(Click for full resolution)

I do have a problem with the RHW-4 diagonals: the puzzle piece overhang for tile 0x5EB0A100 doesn't show at all. Any idea what may cause the problem. So far I have ruled out upside-down polygons (since the model doesn't show up at all).

Current rendered textures: 231.

231 down, a heck of a lot to go...

Best,
Maarten

Zack

One major thing is needed. High Elevated Rail or monorail over RHW. There is no puzzle piece that does the job and its really a disadvantage for my train routes

Tarkus

Quote from: Zack on September 23, 2011, 02:33:57 PM
One major thing is needed. High Elevated Rail or monorail over RHW. There is no puzzle piece that does the job and its really a disadvantage for my train routes

There are no plans for any further High Elevated Rail or Monorail pieces right now. The main reason is that those items will be going draggable at some point.

-Alex

ivo_su

Let me show you a small difference between NAM highway,  and the standard MHW.

Unfortunately  I do not have a picture  but I made a pretty impressive intersection with really huge clover. I promise to show it soon. I love the new elevated highways and try to replace those of MHW with those of RHW but has a small flaw. NWM (AVE-6; OWR-3/4/5; MAVE-4 / 6) I can not  pass under the new ERHW-6

If I am not mistaken cosmetic Maud was design  Maarten, right? I am happy that its scope is significantly extended, but why no support for  C-tipe networks (arrows exit  and move forward)
Otherwise  I perform that reconstruction is currently an unprecedented scale. It is difficult to change ur-development plan of semi-finished  city. When everything  starts to become kind of want me I will share with you.
I look forward to start new discussions and plans for the next version as soon as the rest of course. Have deserved a little rest after such a long job.
Most special thanks to Alex, Maarten, Jonathan, Ganaram, Andreas and j-dub (they know why)

Full  respect for the NAM team
- Ivo

drjumbajookiba

Quote from: mrtnrln on September 23, 2011, 11:16:24 AM
More progress...

(Click for full resolution)

I do have a problem with the RHW-4 diagonals: the puzzle piece overhang for tile 0x5EB0A100 doesn't show at all. Any idea what may cause the problem. So far I have ruled out upside-down polygons (since the model doesn't show up at all).

Current rendered textures: 231.

231 down, a heck of a lot to go...

Best,
Maarten

looking Froward to the Euro Textures
Live Out loud For God

jondor

Quote from: Zack on September 23, 2011, 02:33:57 PM

For the El-Rail at least, you could have it go under as GLR.  Or if you're willing to do some terraforming, you can build an earthen ramp for your El-Rail/Monorail and use some onslope pieces on the RHW to create same effect with a standard height crossing.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Wiimeiser

Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Haljackey

Hey RHW crew I just wanted to say that I absolutely love the new avenue-MIS ramp pieces! I was able to pull off a pretty sweet parclo junction with em.

Click for full size.

Keep at it guys!
-Ryan

kassarc16

Anyone know if there's plans to rework Xyl's "RHW Lights and Barriers" mod? It's FUBAR for anything but the C networks, plus could really use a modular approach.

MandelSoft

Quote from: ivo_su on September 23, 2011, 05:02:01 PM
If I am not mistaken cosmetic Maud was design  Maarten, right? I am happy that its scope is significantly extended, but why no support for  C-tipe networks (arrows exit  and move forward)
Well, I just haven't finished them up before the feature freeze (actually, I'm in fact the only one working on the CPs). In fact, I don't even have them finished now. However, there are plans for RHW-8C cosmetic pieces and diagonal RHW-2 cosmetic pieces...

But first I got to finish the Euro Textures...
Quote from: Haljackey on September 23, 2011, 10:29:25 PM
Hey RHW crew I just wanted to say that I absolutely love the new avenue-MIS ramp pieces! I was able to pull off a pretty sweet parclo junction with em.
Great that someone like the pieces I implented  ::)  I'm responsible for all new pieces in Ryan's pic.

Best,
Maarten

io_bg

Is it just me or a DDRHW can't cross an AVE6?

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

jdenm8

There is no compatibility for the new ERHWs going over to any of the NWM networks.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

io_bg

Okay, thanks for the quick reply. Hoping this'll be fixed in the next NWM/RHW version :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November