• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

All railway with catenary

Started by plunderer, November 17, 2008, 08:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plunderer

Quote from: ehbk2006 on May 15, 2009, 03:55:43 PM
Thanks.  :)

Another common style used in Europe (Rotterdam for example):

Also possible in other versions (2 outside or 2 inside cable holders) or in single version for the turning loop or single track.  ;)

if you add night light on the top of column that will be better  ;D

allan_kuan1992

That might be more suited to curves than a straight piece... even in the photo it shows that both sides are symmetrical.

- Allan Kuan

WC_EEND

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on May 15, 2009, 10:38:09 PM
That might be more suited to curves than a straight piece... even in the photo it shows that both sides are symmetrical.

- Allan Kuan

although I've seen places where it's actually like that.
An example is the Brusselsesteenweg in Gentbrugge/Melle.
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

ehbk2006

Indeed the short/long ones can be used for curves, the short/short ones for straight pieces.

One problem: The night textures won't show up, does anyone know what's wrong with it. The files are in the attachment:

I enabled the light option in the sc4desc file.

My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

Swamper77

Night lighting on models only show up if they are attached to a Lot. Since these are on T21's, the night lighting will not appear. However, custom light cones will if they are attached via the RKT 4 property, which is how Maxis did their streetlights.

The same problems affect my old ATL traffic signal pole props. I have nightlighting on them, but it never shows as they are not attached to a Lot.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

io_bg

I like these ones the best! Good job! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

ehbk2006

Quote from: Swamper77 on May 16, 2009, 03:01:11 AM
Night lighting on models only show up if they are attached to a Lot. Since these are on T21's, the night lighting will not appear. However, custom light cones will if they are attached via the RKT 4 property, which is how Maxis did their streetlights.

The same problems affect my old ATL traffic signal pole props. I have nightlighting on them, but it never shows as they are not attached to a Lot.

-Jan

Okay thanks, but the issue is more that the night textures won't show up (could be a LOT issue or a prop issue). I didn't attach any light cones yet.  ;)

Btw is there a way to test the night textures of props without using SC4?

ehbk2006

I was thinking about adding some signals to the GRL, any suggestions?

Btw here's a little teaser I found in my pm-box from plunderer.  ;)

vester

Looking good.

Have been thinking about doing some myself, but as we don't have trams around here,
I only got a few pictures to go from, so I never got around to it.

Like the "light" construction of your models, compared to the rail catenaries seen around here.

heitomat

Your work is fantastic and long awaited. Still, I'm hoping for a SFBT Catenaries version of the rail mod..  ;D
I'm using the SFBT plops, and in my opinion they look fantastic (and most similar to the ones we have in Norway).
Be gentle with me - I'm Norwegian

io_bg

^ They do look great, but I think they're a bit oversized.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

WC_EEND

I think they resemble th ones we have in Gent very much

My LOT thread                                    

heitomat

Your work is amazing!  &apls

I hope you don't mind me asking, but I was wondering if you created a SFBT-version with the models from Kenny? With the use of SFBT-models on the ground heavy rail, the overall look would be more uniform. (The catenaries on the ground rail would look more similar to the models used on the elevated rail.)

Please do not see this as a complaint. What you've done is a true piece of art and highly appreciated. I was just wondering.

plunderer

Hi heitomat
thanks for you suggestion
Andreas had sent the pretty good SFBT catenary props to me, but it seems exceed the scale that I think personally.

besides, I'm rather tired of T21,  :-[ I would like to research something else, such as rul, lua, puzzle piece  :P
maybe someone interest in this job proceeding

WC_EEND

i'd love to continue you great work, but I lack the knowledge (now also time, due to exams) to do so

My LOT thread                                    

Andreas

Quote from: plunderer on June 04, 2009, 06:24:24 AM
besides, I'm rather tired of T21,  :-[

Heh, I can understand that very well. ;) Creating a rail catenary mod was always on my list basically for years, but due to the excessive amount of time and work, I never managed to do anything else but a very preliminary mod...
Andreas

choco

heitomat

I fully understand and respect your decision.  :)

heitomat

One final question, though..

Currently, there is one .dat containing mods for all rail networks. Would it be possible to make one .dat for each network? Example: "I want a mod that adds catenaries only on elevated heavy rail and GLR/El-rail, not on my ground heavy rail or HSR-network"?

Andreas

Quote from: heitomat on June 05, 2009, 01:56:33 AM
Currently, there is one .dat containing mods for all rail networks. Would it be possible to make one .dat for each network? Example: "I want a mod that adds catenaries only on elevated heavy rail and GLR/El-rail, not on my ground heavy rail or HSR-network"?

Yes, that should be possible. Props are attached to the network via the ID of the network tile (usually the texture or model ID), and each tile has to be unique. So you could, say, add catenaries to the Maxis dual track rail, but leave them out for the RAM singe track rail (STR).
Andreas