• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Lex ... coming soon

Started by Colyn, January 04, 2007, 12:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

TheTeaCat

This looks like it will be invalueable to alot of people.
Thanks wont be said often enough so
Thanks!

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

vab423

Wow, color me impressed!  If it'll make my coffee for me, life will be perfect.  You folks are fabulous!!  :thumbsup:

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

NikNik

Will this be the end of the infamous brown boxes.  :'(

Hopefully, YES. :thumbsup:
What a great initiative. Hopefully the Master Dependency Control will bring some organisation in the dependency-chaos. Great work!

Nik-Nik

BarbyW

Ha, ha, NikNik. I even have brown boxes from time to time but that is through my carelessness. Brown boxes only appear if you do not have the model for a building. They don't happen with props.
Any way, here is another sneak peek for you. This is a fresh upload. Note that a user has a choice of Valuation but only 3 choices and there is no need to Valuate or Comment to download. It also indicates that the user has not downloaded this file yet.

The first BETA will hopefully be available very soon. Keep watching. :thumbsup:

bat

The BSC Lex looks wonderful (wonderful picture), can't wait to use it! :thumbsup:

kimcar

:thumbsup:Wonderfull work as always Barbyw. You`re not the goodness for nothing . Thanks  &apls

BarbyW

Thanks for the kind words but I am just the messenger.  ;) The hard work is being done by Colyn and his team.  It certainly looks an improvement on the STEX and I like how downloads can be tracked so you can see what you have downloaded. Also like the three point rating.

pvarcoe

Wow, this will be a wonderful tool.

I can't help but think this will be a ton of work on the backend side of things.
The amount of links needed to be created and the adding in of new items as they become available, seems scary.

I'm sure that has been allowed for by the LEX creators though, and I am really looking forward to trying it out.

jplumbley

Thanks for your reply Barby.  There is only one other question I have now about this.  As NHP we have quite lengthy descriptions sometimes describing the terrain, and now 2 installations methods using SC4Mapper and SC4Terraformer so users will only need on or the other.  Is there a limit to the length and is it possible if the description is long enough for a scroll bar be put in place?

EDIT Oh I saw something else cool (maybe).... What is the "post review" "read review" links?  Can you actually leave a full blown review of the uploads?  If so that would be much better and more productive than the comments section!!  Maybe some REAL feedback will come from this section.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

kimcar

:-[ Sorru folks . Great job everyone  &apls Keep going.

Colyn

Ok ... the clock is running and we are very close to opening the door on a small crack and let a few in to take it for a test drive.

I will open a new topic for BSC LEX - FAQ abd will give an outline and background to the philosophy around the LEX Design.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

Bluebeard

So where does 1 go about getting a key to this door?.Thanx

Colyn

Come see CSX Play

Elektra

I would like to throw out a great big thanks to all that have worked on something like this.  This will so useful to people like me that have a problem with seniors disease :party: and can't remember if they got all the dependencies that go along or that have already downloaded it, just for the life of them, can't remember where the heck they saved it....lol   :angrymore:

Anyway, great big thanks to all   &apls can't wait to give this puppy a spin.  &dance
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
A. Einstein

Colyn

Wel Electra ... I am a "senior" too ... so rest assured I am trying to make it as easy as possible for me  ::)
Come see CSX Play

sebes

This looks fabulous. A big thank you for everyone working on this!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Colyn

Ok I am happy to report that the LEX is up and running and we are taking in a few registration to see how it goes ... I gues that by the weekend things will be running as it should.

Thanks for your patience.
Come see CSX Play

jacqulina

Colyn

Ok things are looking good sofar. Registration process works well and uploads and downloads happens without problems ... I am happy. A few cosmetic issues has been highlighted but nothing serious.

So it looks as if tomorrow it will open.  &hlp
Come see CSX Play