• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

District of Wenzel - Update 116 - 3/17/15

Started by packersfan, June 04, 2010, 12:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

packersfan

Update 105 - North of Downtown
Today, we will explore the area just north of downtown south of West Orchard Avenue, west of North 32nd Street, east of North Trinity Boulevard, and north of West Sherman Avenue.  This area is full of mid-size wall-to-wall apartments.  The Number 6 Purple Metro Line runs over North 32nd Street.

Here is a shot of Halleck Square and North 32nd Street.

Passenger rail cutting through the north of downtown area.

Abandoned buildings due to lack of water.  I hate when that happens.

Some offices and department stores on West Orchard Avenue.

North Trinity Boulevard.

More abandoned lots.

The area at night.

You are here.

There have been some requests for updates focusing on the St. Paul area.  I intend to do updates in 5 update chunks focusing on a certain area in Martin County.  These past five updates have covered an area of Northwest Martin.  The next five will focus on the area around North Saint Paul. 

Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are.  This is A NEW LINK as the old LINK was dead!

Replies:

noahclem: Lovely (and apparently quite reverent) little neighborhood there. You said you found a trick for street border crossings? What was it?

Here is a tutorial here on SC4Devotion.  A number of pictures are missing, and I intend to eventually post a tutorial within this thread how I do it.

vinlabsc3k: Great neighborhoods!!  Where did you find these back-alleys?

Some of the alleys I use are industrial fillers, dock roads, and truck stop paths.  The ones I use most often with fences in my residential areas are here.

Wilfried: Those are seaport or industrial fillers, not back-alleys.

Yup, lots of different things.

art128

A ream shame about the abandoned buildings. It's so stupid how they become dirt black instead of being, well abandoned with planks on the windows ect.

Nice update once again. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

I'm still enjoying with thar region view...It looks amazing my friend  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Vizoria

Great region view and another solid inner-city update.

carlfatal

The fisrt picture is simply stunning.  &apls

And like Arthur said, it would be nice to have really abandoned buildings, broken glass, trash, planks. But then there also should be squatters to revive the scenery and later on some kind of gentrification. Modern malls inside historic walls. But this wouldn´t be SimCity anymore...  :bnn:

Keep it on. I love the region views and maps. That is somewhat special, and I am addicted to it.  :thumbsup:

Themistokles

I like the dense, almost NYC-feel of this part of the city. I am looking forward to having 7.5 m viaduct rail, though...

Inspiring update, as always. :thumbsup:
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

benedict

Congratulations, your MD was number one on BTT for the week ending 30 October. You join a small group of individuals who have managed to be number one here and over at Simtropolis.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

vortext

Congrats with the no1 spot in BTT!  &apls

Even though I've lurked over the last updates, I've thoroughly enjoyed them!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

vinlabsc3k

Great update!! :thumbsup:

There's a flaw in the map (image 9 and general): the Armour Playground (near St. Peter Catholic Parish and School) is missing. ()what()
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

packersfan

Update 106 - Building Interdistrict 255 / National Highway 41 in St. Paul
For the next five updates we shift to the Saint Paul area south of Martin.  In this update, we see some images of I-255 being pulled through the northwest area of Saint Paul.  I think this area turned out beautifully.  The freeway weaves over and under roads very naturally like in real life.  I hope you like it!

Preparing land for I-255 / N-41 overpass.

Completed overpass.

Preparing County Highway Z for an overpass.  I'm having trouble with the special curves in the new NAM.

Pulling Interdistrict 255 through the northwest area of Saint Paul.

Completed area with a new terrain mod.

I-255 / N-41 bridge over South Pershing Avenue.

You are here.

Hope you enjoyed this update.  Next time, I think I'll show the interchange I just completed between I-255 / N-41 and I-55 / I-80. 

Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are.  This is A NEW LINK as the old LINK was dead!

Replies:
vinlabsc3k: Great update!!

There's a flaw in the map (image 9 and general): the Armour Playground (near St. Peter Catholic Parish and School) is missing.

Yeah, I didn't included the playground in the map, but I'll add it later.

vortext: Congrats with the no1 spot in BTT!

Even though I've lurked over the last updates, I've thoroughly enjoyed them!

Thanks!  I'm surprised by the amount of activity this week.

benedict: Congratulations, your MD was number one on BTT for the week ending 30 October. You join a small group of individuals who have managed to be number one here and over at Simtropolis.

This week came out of nowhere!  Really, one of a few to do that.  Interesting!

Themistokles: I like the dense, almost NYC-feel of this part of the city. I am looking forward to having 7.5 m viaduct rail, though...

Inspiring update, as always.

Yeah, I NEED 7.5 meter viaducts!!!

carlfatal: The fisrt picture is simply stunning.

And like Arthur said, it would be nice to have really abandoned buildings, broken glass, trash, planks. But then there also should be squatters to revive the scenery and later on some kind of gentrification. Modern malls inside historic walls. But this wouldn´t be SimCity anymore...

Keep it on. I love the region views and maps. That is somewhat special, and I am addicted to it.

Yeah, more realism is never a bad thing!

Vizoria: Great region view and another solid inner-city update.

Thanks for all the support!

kelis: I'm still enjoying with that region view...It looks amazing my friend

Thanks.  It's all about laying those farms out around.

art128: A ream shame about the abandoned buildings. It's so stupid how they become dirt black instead of being, well abandoned with planks on the windows ect.

Nice update once again.

More subtly with the abandoned buildings would be great.

vortext

Neat reconstruction entry!  :thumbsup:

Though it's a bit of learning curve indeed to get the hang of the drag patterns, I'm thinking the winding roads would look (even) better with some far stretches. Maybe for the next reconstruction phase!  ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

romualdillo

Great work!!! Your region is awesome!!!  &apls

packersfan

Update 107 - North of Downtown St. Paul, Centralia
Just a little lazy update showing the area just to the north of Downtown St. Paul.

Densely populated areas south of the railroad.

Less dense area north of the railroad.

National Highway 20 turns south off of Centralia Avenue next to St. Paul General Hospital.

Centralia area.

You are here.

Busy week getting ready for Christmas, trying to stay on top of all the stuff for teaching classes, discovering new Star Wars stuff.  Hopefully, I can devote enough time to next week's update.  I want to show off the I-255 and I-80/I-55 interchange, but I need to make signs, figure out the proper mileage, etc.  We'll see how much drive and energy I have to get that update put together for next week. 

Replies:

vortext: Neat reconstruction entry!

Though it's a bit of learning curve indeed to get the hang of the drag patterns, I'm thinking the winding roads would look (even) better with some far stretches. Maybe for the next reconstruction phase!

Yeah, I'm trying to get more FAR curves and angles.

romualdillo: Great work!!! Your region is awesome!!!

Thanks a lot!

benedict

Excellent update. I like the attention to detail on the street map - the road number shields for example are consistent, and well-thought out.

kbieniu7

Oh man! The region view... it's just stunning... Even if I find the "edgy" road/rail network planning often being too edgy, the effect in further view is jawdropping. Excellent work!  :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

benedict

Well done, your MD was number one on BTT for the weeks ending 6th and 13th November.

w_swietwoot

art128

That reliant Stadium sure is big. it stands out a lot on the region view. Speaking of region view, how big is it now? 2 millions?

Wonderful work on this new area. I've never seen that church before but it looks great there.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vinlabsc3k

• Happy New Year!! :bnn: :bnn: :bnn:
      • Great update!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
      • If possible, can you make the next update or the one after that focused on the extension of I-255 along the coast to the Works, pass Willms Bay Mouth to East Flats and merge into N Lakefront Dr or the intersection between I-255 and I-80 after the Christina river?
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

dossenaandrea

Hi!
where did u find the big baseball stadium? the one from update 61 u renamed capital stadium?
thanks