• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAMelots growing before they should be

Started by Synthael, December 26, 2011, 09:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Synthael

I've been using CAM only for short time and I really like it. Cities look completely different now.

I found a curious thing. Don't know if it's something on my side or CAMelot Counters haven't been updated if there have been some changes in thresholds...
Stage 13 buildings started growing a bit earlier than they should have (not that I'm complaining, but seems weird). According to numbers in counter, they should have waited for commercial capacity to raise for some amount... Is this somehow intended ("soft" thresholds) or I just have outdated plugins?

Thanks for your answers.

Lowkee33

You're wondering why you have stage 13 CS$$ before stage 12?  The commercial stage is the capacity of all commercial, there isn't a counter for each wealth/service/office.  The same is true for residents as well.  You can have Stage 2 R$$ when you get to 900 sims, no matter how you got there (all R$/R$$$ or some combination).  See CAM - Stage Limits and Thresholds (CAM 1.0) for more. 

jmyers2043

Lowkee gives good advice.

The following 'percent chance' for stage 1 through 12 CS$$ to grow with a CS$$ capacity of 165406 is:   

1=32 %
2=13 %
3=10 %
4=9 %
5=8 %
6=7 %
7=6 %
8=5 %
9=4 %
10=3 %
11=2 %
12=1 %
13,14, and 15 = 0 %

For sure, a stage 12 will not grow until CS$$ capacity reaches 165406. That is absolute. But when that milestone is reached you will still have a 32% chance a stage 1 will grow and only a 1% chance a stage 12 will grow. There are other desirability factors but you need to think in terms of the percent chance rather than absolute. It is possible for instance that the game chose a stage 12 over stage 10 or 11 because the other two stages were unsuitable for one reason or another such as lot size or slope.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Synthael

Thanks for your answers, I wrote this because I got stage 13 CS$$ growing although it said on the counter lot that stage won't appear until 258.000 regional capacity and i had 241.000, that's what puzzled me... Apart from that, everything else seems to work as intended...  :thumbsup:

Korot

My guess would be a modding error on the 'stage 13' that did appear, as in: it's a stage 12. The way the counter work by counting occupant groups, which CAMeLOTs have. Now, there is one for CS$$ 13, and another, different, one for CS$$ 12. Now, if the modder of a stage 12 building accidentally added the stage 13 occupant group, the counter would read this stage 12 lot as being stage 13, and display it as thus in its query.

Regards,
Korot

Violins77

Hey! Could someone tell me what mods the OP is using beside the NAM and CAM ? His city looks awesome, I' especially curious about the grass with white flowers and the walls. Also, 6 ways avenues? Is that included with NAM?