• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephan_Spitti

Thanks for the info so far, Lowkee33!

Yes, I have installed the "starter pack" CAMeLots, to get the most out of CAM. Could there be another problem for my performance issue?

Do redundant dependencies, like having "BSC Essentials.dat" and "bsc_Essentials_OG.dat" in the Plugins-folder, cause performance issues? I always tried to work with Cleanitol, but due to contradiction in some remove lists I might have some redundant files.

MVS82

Thanx for the info Jim.

I went through the list of STEX downloads and those I have already downloaded recently to update my system.

One error I might have made was pasting the downloaded files into the STEX Downloads folder instead of putting them in the Plugins folder.

I'll move them into the Plugins folder and then play the game to see if that makes a difference.

Lowkee33

A question about stages.  Maxis gives us 8 stages and three zone densities.  Stage 4 residents will only start growing on mid-density zones.  Has anyone tried balancing out the zone requirements for the 15 Stages of CAM (maybe put up to stage 5 growing on low density zones...)?

moeom

Just wanted to ask a question...anything question is a good question after all.  :P So here it is, now i have been reading lots about the CAMeLots, but there is just one thing i wanted to make clear. For the stages between 1-7, i can still use any building? Or will the game use the Maxis buildings instead? Seeing how i will need CAMpatible buildings to work with CAMeLots. I haven't got that part straight yet. I have already downloaded all the necessary starters pack and dependencies, and installed everything. Still new at this, so dont know much.

jmyers2043

Quote from: moeom on February 19, 2012, 02:07:58 AM
Just wanted to ask a question...anything question is a good question after all.  :P So here it is, now i have been reading lots about the CAMeLots, but there is just one thing i wanted to make clear. For the stages between 1-7, i can still use any building? Or will the game use the Maxis buildings instead? Seeing how i will need CAMpatible buildings to work with CAMeLots. I haven't got that part straight yet. I have already downloaded all the necessary starters pack and dependencies, and installed everything. Still new at this, so dont know much.

The CAM adds extra higher stages. The lower stages 1 through 8 remain intact.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

moeom

Quote from: jmyers2043 on February 19, 2012, 04:24:26 AM
Quote from: moeom on February 19, 2012, 02:07:58 AM

The CAM adds extra higher stages. The lower stages 1 through 8 remain intact.

Great, thanks a lot.

SeanSC4

Quote from: Lowkee33 on February 13, 2012, 09:13:55 PM
A question about stages.  Maxis gives us 8 stages and three zone densities.  Stage 4 residents will only start growing on mid-density zones.  Has anyone tried balancing out the zone requirements for the 15 Stages of CAM (maybe put up to stage 5 growing on low density zones...)?
It is very trivial to change the densities that buildings grow at by merely altering the LotConfigPropertyWealthTypes entry in the .sc4lot file so that it includes 0x01 and your building will grow on low-density zones. I've altered dozens of buildings in this manner and they grow fine.  Based on my own experience and experimentation, the growth stage has no direct effect on the zone densities since they are governed by another property. I've spent WAY too much time balancing out my own plugins so that certain sets of buildings grow on various zone densities and use the LotConfigPropertyWealthTypes as another way for me to control what grows where.

Lowkee33

The height of the building is what determines zones in PIMX, for Residents:
<ZONING purpose="R" value="1" stages="1,2,3" height="25"/>
<ZONING purpose="R" value="2" stages="1,2,3,4,5,6" height="100"/>
<ZONING purpose="R" value="3" stages="1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15" height="10000"/>

Anything higher than 25 doesn't grow on a low density zone.  A little buggy, anything higher than 10,000 meters wont have a zone at all.  I don't think we can see that high in-game, but still.

Zone Type for Maxis seems to be whatever they wanted.  There are some CS$$1 and CS$$$1 6x6 and 6x5 lots that I would never grow because they are mid density.  I'm not trying to do anything on a case by case basis, including zone perfectly or make things historical.  I wrote a reader script that adjusts zones based on stage, all I have to do is change a 3 to a 4 and I change change every lot I have.

anthonyca30

Took me two to three weeks but i think i got all of the CAM files.  :-\ &apls :thumbsup:

moeom

Quote from: anthonyca30 on February 20, 2012, 05:50:22 PM
Took me two to three weeks but i think i got all of the CAM files.  :-\ &apls :thumbsup:

Wow! Congrates mate.

anthonyca30