• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

007's B.A.T.ing Room

Started by peter007, October 04, 2010, 03:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

Isn't there already a KLM airplane?
The house looks nice, although I'd say it is the back of the house: because of the large glass facade.
I cannot sya anything about the textures, but the colour and wearyness of the thing looks quite nice.

Paul 999

Great work! Eindelijk rijtjeshuizen voor SC4  ;)

kelis

Your airplanes are amazing my friend, great job !
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

WC_EEND

Quote from: FrankU on April 26, 2011, 05:16:12 AM
Isn't there already a KLM airplane?

yes, but that's a 747-400 if I recall correctly. I don't think anyone BATed an MD-11 upto now.

Ernst, sorry to come up with criticsm again, but the windows appear too stretched, there are no doors on it, the cockpit windows are not like the real ones at all. Also, those parts of the wing that have the flaps attached to them (I don't know the English word for them) seem to be missing. The winglets have a part above the wing and a smaller one below. I know most things are details, but I'd love to see this MD-11 look as close to the real one as it can be.

And to end on a more positive note: I like your house, can't wait to see it finished :thumbsup:

PS: I have an MD-11 on my desktop, so I know fairly well how it looks ;D

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

FrankU

Quote from: WC_EEND on April 30, 2011, 01:15:16 PM
PS: I have an MD-11 on my desktop, so I know fairly well how it looks ;D

A model, I hope?  ;D

WC_EEND

Quote from: FrankU on May 01, 2011, 08:06:51 AM
A model, I hope?  ;D

No actually, a picture $%Grinno$% (and a plane for FSX :P)

My LOT thread                                    

supremec

Quote from: WC_EEND on May 01, 2011, 10:19:40 AM
No actually, a picture $%Grinno$% (and a plane for FSX :P)
Good joke  :D

concerning your latest plane, I like it, the textures are very good  &apls
Click on the banner to see my BATs

peter007

Replies

Supremec; Thanks for the compliment
Xander; Did you ever modeled a plane. Then you will see how difficult it is to texture the whole thing. But unfortunately you're right  :-[
Kelis; Thanks that you like 'em
Paul999; Yes, I hope they will survive my laptop untill uploading.
Frank; Thanks for the comment, but the part you see there is really the front.
Buzzit; Thank you!
Guillaume; I haven't worked on that house since the update. It's going to rest on my hard disk for an unknown time. Thanks for your compliment my friend.

No update today.
I just saw that my gym wasn't correctly renedered so I leave my just new work how it is.
My next project will be a russian wodan or a new plane

WC_EEND

Quote from: peter007 on May 04, 2011, 05:54:57 AM
Xander; Did you ever modeled a plane. Then you will see how difficult it is to texture the whole thing. But unfortunately you're right  :-[

I have made a few attempts, but none of those resulted in something that is worth showing, so I am well aware how hard it is. I have however made a fair amount of liveries for SCAG planes, and I am well aware that nailing the texture isn't always that easy. I did however found the photo database of Airliners.net very helpful.

Xander

Edit: if you want me to explain in detail what I meant in my previous post, just PM/MSN/Email me, and I'll help you out.

My LOT thread                                    

ThomasK

I'm not too sure on the second house, it looks like it needs a bit more work on it. But the first one looks brilliant! ;D

peter007

&dance Update!! &dance
after so long

Well thank you all for the 6500 visits to my room

But now the replies
Thomas ; Thank you for  visiting my BATting room the forst time
WC_EEND ; Thank you for help on the plane it is resting now in my documents folder.

First my plane
You can see that it's a bit underscaled & the textures aren't very good but there's a start.

The plane for now on a roundabout filler
-It's badly underscaled
-The textures aren't right (but I won't need any base textures if I make the roundabout the exact size of the center from the roundabout)

Then my subway station (it was first meant to be a railway station but now it has becomen a subway station)
Ignore the textures for now they're just test textures.

Close up form the advertising

Overview in perspective view & a small render

If you have some critisicm please say it

-Ernst

supremec

Very nice, maybe the IKEA panel a bit large  $%Grinno$%
Click on the banner to see my BATs

peter007

Update.

@supremec ; Thank you for your compliment

I gave the building his textures as you can see on the picture.
I'm considering to delete the IKEA advertisement because the roof will look too busy.
Chimney's, HVAC's, etc. are going to be added soon.

Perspective view was just to add something to the picture  :P

-Ernst

mave94

Looks good, although if a part of that building IS an IKEA, I would not have placed it there. IKEA's often are large shopping complexes.
I'm sure about the window textures, too. They look a bit blurry.
Otherwise, well done!

-Matthijs :thumbsup:

Buzzit

looks really good indeed
but what matthijs said is true.
you could even consider to replace it with a advertisment wich fits the building better.(like Microsoft $%Grinno$%)
tobad its to small for a bijenkorf but it really has textures fitting the brand if you ask me.
also the Ikea buildings mostly are in the colours of the swedish flag as you all know.
i wouldnt delete the sign you could save it up for an building fitted for ikea :)

further more it looks like a great building!
keep it up!

Zaphod

^^^

lol someone doesn't like MS.

Though, really, neither Apple nor Microsoft would have their brand names on this building. More realistically, a kind of shop which would actually be in such a location needs to have a sign. Like, a McDonalds. Does Belgium have any of its own chains, which aren't represented in Simcity yet?
War Kittens !?

WC_EEND

Quote from: Zaphod on May 23, 2011, 05:17:28 PM
Does Belgium have any of its own chains, which aren't represented in Simcity yet?

I can actually think of quite a few  ;D

My LOT thread                                    

peter007

Hey folks

I'm here with a new update from two buildings!
But first the replies
@Zaphod ; thanks for pointing out that I could  beter do another sign on the building
@Buzzit ; Thank you my friend
@Matthijs ; Thanks for the compliment

First I made a wooden building. The inspiration came from a bit of playing Anno1404.
Not that it's a replica but you know.

So here are the pictures

I lost total motivation on the second building because of the bug.
This building is the fourth with that. So I said goodbye to simfox' spline modelling. I'm doing it in the old fashion way now. And it's working splendidly.

-Ernst

peter007

Things have to go else was my last conclusion and I did.
I drastically changed my way of building and therefore created my first Dutch debugged house.
It can be founded in Goes (yes it is name) on the Vlas markt. (market)

Say what you think about it, because I will move to the next building beside it  ;)

-Ernst