• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

That stinks. I admit. I guess it's time I told you, while someone can see your issues, unless the creator happens to see their area of expertise, all you can do is try again, until some one notices you. So, I ain't going to stop you from putting this in the NWM thread. Honestly, I don't know why you were not given bug testing privileges during development, you do a good job of finding stuff. As for this LHD paths, I never used LHD to begin with, and I do not recall running into this with the RHD version of this AS network. However, if I could choose between waiting and experiencing, I would take experiencing, and am glad this is out.

jdenm8

I will put this in the NWM thread. This is the first time I've had to bug-report, by the time I get to mods (I have an affinity for older games - I was surprised when the SC4 community was still alive and kicking), they're all fixed.
Thanks for the support j-dub.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Haljackey

Quote from: jdenm8 on May 11, 2010, 09:27:03 PM
Okay... I was UDIing this afternoon and drove over one of the NWM's new ARD wide curves to have UDI end when I drove onto the piece. Curious, I tried again and it happened again. I then turned the drawpaths cheat on to find this:

Hmm the LHD plugin may be the culprit here, but I see another ARD curve at the bottom of the image. Are the paths missing only for that rotation?

MallMonkey

I've updated to NAM May 2010, but ever since I can't create new cities anymore. If I do, the RCI demand literally goes of the charts after about half a second, and the game hangs or crashes soon after that. I can play an existing city (created with the previous NAM version) without problem.

I'm using SimCity 4 Rush Hour Universal Binary 1.1 Rev A (so that's the Mac OS X version). No other plugins other than NAM May 2010.

jdenm8

From what I have seen, (I am using ARD-3 extensively for this area - It looks awesome going up a mountain range  :thumbsup:) it seems to only be on this rotation. I have not yet had a chance to test every rotation in both varieties however.

Major edit: It does occur on all rotations. Please refer to the NWM thread for a screenshot and more information.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Silhouette Saloon

Quote from: z on May 11, 2010, 02:03:00 PM
Try moving everything from your Plugins folder except the NAM to a temporary place, and then try loading one of your cities.  You'll get all sorts of errors due to the missing plugins, but at least the game shouldn't freeze.  Then move half of your plugins back in, and try again.  If the game freezes, remove half of the plugins you just put in and try again.  Otherwise, add half of the remaining plugins and try again.  By repeating this process, you should be able to find what's causing the freeze within a dozen steps or so.

Unfortunately the game still freezes with only NAM in the plugins folder. This happens either as soon as the city loads or a short time after (usually when I open a transit menu). Strangely, I have found that the crashes, rather than being being random and intermittent as I first thought, are actually affecting all but one blank city tile on one region. This city tile works normally. It was the first city I chose to test the new NAM, if that's at all relevant...

SimFox

Quote from: Biriali on May 11, 2010, 04:20:30 AM
I have this problem:

These are the five ElRail over pedestrian walkway puzzle pieces, that were included in the newest NAM.
Is it a problem with my installation or is it NAM?

Other than that the new NAM is quite amazing. Great job  :thumbsup:
hm...
things seem to work just fine here:

Looking on your picture you're missing both reference to the correct PedMall texture (if pedMalls work fine on their own that means that only the reference itself is corrupt) as well as the piece of the s3d model of the El-Rail itself, also it could be so that the model is itself the but the corrupt. Normally though in case of missing FSHs (texture) you'll see that colorful checker pattern though.... To determine this you should open the DAT with these pieces (may be someone of the NAM creators can advise you which one it is) in iLive Reader and see how said pieces are displaid there. You can see what exactly is missing the texture or the model or both...

MAS71

Hello again.  :)
I have to report again about problems of SC4Path with Left-Hnad versions.  $%Grinno$%

It was reported when sharing of previous version NAM,  but they did not corrected yet in NAM2010. :P

I(we) understand very well about a hard work about creation and management of NAM's SC4Path-files. ;)
I'm looking forward to correct them in near future.  ;)

Thank you NAM Team. :)

pagenotfound

I was wondering if anyone else had problems with FAMIS. When ever i plop a FAMIS exit i cant not seem to get the other FAMIS pieces to line up with the exit. I rotate it and it still will not line up and i dont know why.

In case your wondering these are the pieces in question:
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

z

Quote from: Silhouette Saloon on May 12, 2010, 04:06:26 AM
Unfortunately the game still freezes with only NAM in the plugins folder. This happens either as soon as the city loads or a short time after (usually when I open a transit menu). Strangely, I have found that the crashes, rather than being being random and intermittent as I first thought, are actually affecting all but one blank city tile on one region. This city tile works normally. It was the first city I chose to test the new NAM, if that's at all relevant...

Two things occur to me here:

1) Did you completely uninstall the old NAM before installing the new one?  Is it possible that there are files from your old NAM somewhere in your Plugins folder (maybe DatPacked away?)
2) Being in the UK, do you have the left hand drive version of SC4?  Did you specify left hand drive during the NAM setup as well?

Haljackey

Quote from: pagenotfound on May 12, 2010, 12:30:14 PM
I was wondering if anyone else had problems with FAMIS. When ever i plop a FAMIS exit i cant not seem to get the other FAMIS pieces to line up with the exit. I rotate it and it still will not line up and i dont know why.

There are known rotation issues with FAR pieces.

A good alternative I find is to rotate the camera, as the puzzle piece will also rotate as well. Plopping something nearby like a park will also prevent the piece from rotating in that direction.

Cosmic

This one's interesting... (OT: how long have I been gone?...)

OK, so I'm drawing railway like normal, and everything's fine. Until I randomly decide to draw a 2x2 box. Then this happens:

It's completely random, and it never happened before with the older NAM versions. When I release the mouse button, the 4 tiles of track vanish, and I'm left with 4 blank tiles that act just like a puzzle piece (I get the "Cannot place on top of reserved tiles" message). I can bulldoze it normally and there seem to be no ill effects from it... it's just weird.

I didn't feel like opening a new thread for something that seems so minor, and this isn't really an 'issue', per-se, but it is a question, so I decided to post it here.
Before anyone asks, I made sure to completely wipe the old NAM folder out of my plugins before installing the new version...

Silhouette Saloon

Quote from: z on May 12, 2010, 12:42:47 PM
Two things occur to me here:

1) Did you completely uninstall the old NAM before installing the new one?  Is it possible that there are files from your old NAM somewhere in your Plugins folder (maybe DatPacked away?)
2) Being in the UK, do you have the left hand drive version of SC4?  Did you specify left hand drive during the NAM setup as well?

While testing I totally emptied the plugins folder and and put the new NAM files in fresh from the zip folder, so there is definitely nothing else in there. I have a right hand drive game and use the relevant files.

ItsOnlyTheory

Hi, great mod, im new to sc4, nam and it's mods in general so i hope this isn't a stupid question, i have been searching around but couldn't find an answer, the mod works fine as far as i can tell and i've read the instructions, i did the full install but now want to have arrows back on one way roads, is it ok to simply remove the "NetworkAddonMod_OneWayRoad_Arrows_Reduction_Plugin.dat" and "NetworkAddonMod_OneWayRoad_Roundabout_Arrows_Reduction_Plugin.dat" from plugins without casing problems?  ()what()

I did see that you're meant to be able to use the help tool to view which way they go but it didn't seem to work or im doing it wrong.  ()sad()

riiga

Found some pathing problems with the RHW:

On the off-ramp:

One tile's missing paths:

- riiga

Girafe

I confirm path bugs of Riiga and add a strange yhink ; this I don't know if its me who didn't understand something or a bug  &mmm

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

WC_EEND

I've had this issue you show a few times already Girafe. My analysis of that is that it happens when the game thinks it's impossible to plop the puzzle piece where you want to plop it
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Girafe

Quote from: WC_EEND on May 14, 2010, 12:00:09 PM
I've had this issue you show a few times already Girafe. My analysis of that is that it happens when the game thinks it's impossible to plop the puzzle piece where you want to plop it

oh sorry I didn't notice that you have already mention this   ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Blue Lightning

The RHW-6C and RHW-8C pieces must have RHW-6C/8C median drawn next to them to have the proper stub.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

WC_EEND

Quote from: Girafe on May 14, 2010, 12:44:59 PM
oh sorry I didn't notice that you have already mention this   ;)

I haven't mentioned it yet, I actually just assumed that it was normal :-[
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project