• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gecko001

Quote from: Tarkus on August 16, 2010, 05:04:06 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head there, j-dub.  Since gecko001 is using the Euro textures, the RTL is still showing up, but the paths are likely missing.
-Alex
Thank you both for your replies. Tarkus - since you believe j-dub is correct in his analysis, I think I should re-install NAMv29, ensuring that both Tuleps AND RTL are marked for installation. Here is a bit of info that might support j-dub's hypothesis: when I over-dragged the east-west road (and other sections similar to this), the game actually paused for several seconds before drawing the road, which is unusual since my slope mod (BRF_TunnelAndSlopeMod-bJERONI) usually zips roads right in.
I'll do the re-install, and let you know what happens.
..gecko001

jdenm8

Yep. That lag is the game drawing the network without paths. I would recommend what you are doing, reinstalling the NAM with the RTL.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

gecko001

Quote from: gecko001 on August 16, 2010, 05:56:52 PM
...Tarkus - since you believe j-dub is correct in his analysis, I think I should re-install NAMv29, ensuring that both Tuleps AND RTL are marked for installation... I'll do the re-install, and let you know what happens. ..gecko001
Thanks, jdenm8: it did feel as if the game was recalculating something during the unusual pause.
Tarkus and j-dub: I made a fresh install of the NAMv29. I checked the correct options this time (Ave AND Road Turning Lanes, as well as Turning Lane Extension Plugin). I opened the test city and found no problems. I even re-dragged the east-west road shown in my pics; the game zipped the road right in, this time putting the turning lanes back in. I (happily) have a second test city. I opened it as well and found NO zones with No Road Access zots. The sim cars even appeared to be using the turning lanes, and the Route Query tool showed good/correct road usage. I think I'm in the clear now!
Andreas: yes, please bring out this point more prominently in the install guide. I always try to assiduously follow directions (I actually read the Readme files ;-)
Let me just add two things: (1) a sincere thank you to each of you for your replies, and (2) I think you are all geniuses. I cannot make a mod or BAT the simplest box shape. I can't do any of the really amazing things you all appear to be capable of. But I sure have enjoyed the playing part!

TheOtherRick

I downloaded NAM v29 today. Reading the posts on Simtropolis, I knew to remove the existing version of NAM (May 2010) prior to installing this latest update. I did not use the uninstaller. I just moved my folder with all things NAM ( NAM May 2010, NAM Essentials, RHW, and SAM ) to a folder outside of my Plugins folder. Then I installed NAM v29, RHW 4.1, And NWM 1.1 by using the installers that came with the downloads.  I then moved the SAM back into my Plugins folder. Now, every time I try to use the SAM, I get an immediate CTD. Are there issues with the SAM and NAM v29? Am I going to have to use the uninstallers and completely remove all the NAM files from my computer (new and old) and then reinstall NAM v29? And lastly, how will this effect cities that I have started with NAM May 2010?

Tarkus

I just tested that myself.  In my Plugins, I had the recent NAM/RHW/NWM builds--nothing else--and just dropped SAM Version 3 into my Plugins.  Everything worked fine for me, so I'd hazard there's some sort of conflicting Plugin somewhere else in your Plugins that's doing it.  In all likelihood, it's outside your NAM folder, so you shouldn't have to do any reinstalling there. 

As far as your cities built with NAM May 2010, everything should work more or less the same--there's been some minor changes, but as long as you've installed everything properly and there's no conflicting Plugins, it should work virtually identically.
-Alex

TheOtherRick

Quote from: Tarkus on August 16, 2010, 11:24:56 PM
I just tested that myself.  In my Plugins, I had the recent NAM/RHW/NWM builds--nothing else--and just dropped SAM Version 3 into my Plugins.  Everything worked fine for me, so I'd hazard there's some sort of conflicting Plugin somewhere else in your Plugins that's doing it.  In all likelihood, it's outside your NAM folder, so you shouldn't have to do any reinstalling there. 

As far as your cities built with NAM May 2010, everything should work more or less the same--there's been some minor changes, but as long as you've installed everything properly and there's no conflicting Plugins, it should work virtually identically.
-Alex

Thanks Alex.  I'll do some poking around and get back with results. Very frustrated right now...

wetsom

Hi!

I find little bug in TuLEP, the cars not uses "single slip line".

Please fix, this BUG!

Thanks!

noahclem

Just got back from vacation to the pleasant surprise of updated NAM & RHW! Thanks again  :thumbsup:

I've had a problem installing the customized traffic simulator and was hoping someone could help. Everything in the install seems fine but when it finishes I never get the option to set up the traffic simulator (I repeatedly end up with "traffic_plugin_z_medium"). Before anyone asks, yes I definitely checked the box for the custom simulator before the install and also the box on the last screen to start that process after clicking the "finish" button and yes I uninstalled all my previous NAM stuff.

I've tried installing this several times, restarted the computer, made small changes to my install selections, checked for somehow-conflicting files in my plug-ins, and have been looking around the forums here for clues but so far haven't had any luck.

As a temporary solution can I just replace the new traffic simulator file with my old one from the previous NAM?

Thanks  :)

Tarkus

Quote from: wetsom on August 17, 2010, 11:18:09 AM
Please fix, this BUG!

You're right--the slip lane paths seem to have gotten messed up somehow.  I had been playing around with it, namely checking out the potential for the capacity improvements on it, and had an incorrect number of stanzas listed on the path file.  I've attached a fix below.  I'll attach it in the TuLEPs thread as well.

Quote from: noahclem on August 17, 2010, 02:02:53 PM
Just got back from vacation to the pleasant surprise of updated NAM & RHW! Thanks again  :thumbsup:

I've had a problem installing the customized traffic simulator and was hoping someone could help. Everything in the install seems fine but when it finishes I never get the option to set up the traffic simulator (I repeatedly end up with "traffic_plugin_z_medium"). Before anyone asks, yes I definitely checked the box for the custom simulator before the install and also the box on the last screen to start that process after clicking the "finish" button and yes I uninstalled all my previous NAM stuff.

I've tried installing this several times, restarted the computer, made small changes to my install selections, checked for somehow-conflicting files in my plug-ins, and have been looking around the forums here for clues but so far haven't had any luck.

As a temporary solution can I just replace the new traffic simulator file with my old one from the previous NAM?

Thanks  :)

Replacing the new file with your old one will disable the "capacity improvements" made to the NWM, RHW, etc.  If you have the TSCT installed already, you may want to just try manually starting it up and doing things that way.  You're probably ending up with Medium as that's the default.

-Alex

wetsom

Thanks,for fast repairs.  &apls

editfish

Missing Roundabouts?

I only seem to have the Avenue roundabout available in the NAM menu.  Where do I find the road, street, and One-way roundabouts?  %confuso

Thanks!

Editfish

Andreas

You need to drag them with the network tools, as explained in the readme file.
Andreas

editfish

Quote from: Andreas on August 18, 2010, 09:02:58 AM
You need to drag them with the network tools, as explained in the readme file.

Got it, thank you! :D

kennyj88

Ok i dont know if this is a NAM problem or a HSRP problem or its my game but hopefully i can get help. When ever i go to lay tracks (mono, el, subway or regular train tracks) my game takes like a minute to fully lay it down, in other words its running really slow. everything runs fine, ex roads and highways lay at normal speeds but rail just takes so long. Do you know if its a problem where i have to reinstall something? I was thinking i may have installed HSRP wrong. I hope you guys have an answer for me my city feels incomplete without any railways all i have is bus stops lol. BTW, thanks for all the updates you guys are great.  :thumbsup:

jdenm8

Did you select the LHD option? If you're playing where the cars drive on the right side of the road, you don't need to install the LHD patch and will experience this as a result.
However, if you're playing where the cars drive on the left side of the road, it is needed and if you didn't install it, you will experience issues like this.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

kennyj88

Quote from: jdenm8 on August 26, 2010, 05:50:36 AM
Did you select the LHD option? If you're playing where the cars drive on the right side of the road, you don't need to install the LHD patch and will experience this as a result.
However, if you're playing where the cars drive on the left side of the road, it is needed and if you didn't install it, you will experience issues like this.

Was this in response to me? if so i believe my cars drive the american way which is the right side drives north and the left side drives west. i believe when i installed it i had picked the american standard. i will go reinstall it and let you know.

wallasey

I am afraid a commute issue has cropped up since downloading the latest NAM, it is quite prolific in some cases where whole streets are abandoning in a cycle. I have re-started regions over but the same problem occurs. One particular tile has a commercial job pop or 35, 168 and a industrial pop of 10, 601. The most the residential has been is 20, 000

What is the best course of action here? I have had this problem before, but was solved with this. However what with the development of NWM and Turning Lanes, I imagine this to be obsolete?

Many thanks in advance for your help

z

The traffic simulator in the current NAM is the successor to the one you link to, and is almost identical to it.  The main difference is that it has a special provision for helping differentiate capacities on the NWM.  But nothing has changed that would bring back the problem you mention.

The only thing that occurs to me is that somehow in the upgrade process, the traffic simulator was deleted, in which case you would be getting the default Maxis simulator, which could easily cause this problem.  In your NAM folder, do you have a file that begins "NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin_Z"?  This is the prefix used both for all versions of Simulator Z and the current NAM simulator.  If for some reason it's missing, just run the NAM installation again, making the same choices you did when you originally ran it.

wallasey

Thanks Z,  that file is in the plugins folder. I have re-installed several times but the problem remains.

Thinking out loud, could older versions of the NAM lingering elsewhere affect the operation of the current NAM?

z

Quote from: wallasey on September 03, 2010, 12:31:30 PM
Thinking out loud, could older versions of the NAM lingering elsewhere affect the operation of the current NAM?

Most definitely!  It's very important that you search for and remove any previous versions of the NAM from your Plugins folder.  Sometimes older versions are in DatPacked files; be sure you check there if you use DatPacker.  Also, if you've installed the CAM, be sure that the CAM traffic simulator doesn't exist in the z_CAM folder; if it does, you need to remove it.