• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indiana Joe

FAR networks underneath any elevated network is not supported yet.  The more features you combine together, the more complicated the coding gets.  So you probably won't see this one for a long time, if at all.

The RRW crossing will definitely be done at some point.

APSMS

Thanks Matt for the response. I would, however, be interested in perhaps having GLR-crossing functionality. The same problem (as with the actual ELR) occurs, but I see no practical reason why GLR would have the problem (though I do understand the issues with elevated networks).

I was aware of the RRW crossing; it was mainly a test to see if heavy rail could cross the FA network okay. The GLR issue occurs on FAR-2 as well. Perhaps an overplop puzzle piece could be made? There is currently no way to have a UDI-possible traverse of FAR with the light rail network, barring a transition to subway (which isn't UDI anyway), which would be unsuitable in the situation that I'm currently having the problem in (awkward English, but you get the idea)--a suburban GLR network in a semi-hilly neighborhood.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Tarkus

Quote from: APSMS on February 08, 2014, 09:25:46 PM
Thanks Matt for the response. I would, however, be interested in perhaps having GLR-crossing functionality. The same problem (as with the actual ELR) occurs, but I see no practical reason why GLR would have the problem (though I do understand the issues with elevated networks).

GLR's even more complicated.  It's an override network of ELR, so we'd have to have the ELR crossing in place first, and then write GLR-side overrides and FAR-side overrides to handle the crosslinking.

-Alex

APSMS

I guess I wasn't thinking properly. Crosslinking can be a pain in rear, sometimes.

Any suggested workarounds besides the obvious one? My slope mod is really gonna hate me for this.

joker09

one problem now with bridges in RHW-6S I built the bridge with ground highway but its showing bugged.
The start is for the ground, but its not connecting corret in 6s rhw

problem resolved.

the problem was mu slope mod, ENN_SlopeMod_Medium315

the problem now is that I choose the compact steel arch bridge (RHW-6S) and this is not the correct bridge (very strange).
I gonna uninstall NAM and reinstall it to test again

APSMS

I'm not sure if the bridge you're showing is long enough to display the arch.

The way bridges work in the game is a bit foreign to me, but if I understand it correctly, bridges need to be a certain length before the pylons or supports or overhead whatevers will appear, and that bridge there is far too short to display anything more than it currently is. A reinstall of the NAM is unlikely to fix anything, since you were able to select the bridge in the first place and build it, and bridge controllers/packages don't function if they're missing stuff.

I'm also not sure how a slope mod could prevent you from connecting to the bridge, unless you forgot to do some terraforming to make the connection behave (which is what it looks like you did in the second photo anyway). The ennedi slope mod has some characteristics that make reading the readme (and experimenting with the slopes) crucial to success in using it.

joker09

Quote from: APSMS on February 09, 2014, 03:05:20 PM
I'm not sure if the bridge you're showing is long enough to display the arch.

The way bridges work in the game is a bit foreign to me, but if I understand it correctly, bridges need to be a certain length before the pylons or supports or overhead whatevers will appear, and that bridge there is far too short to display anything more than it currently is. A reinstall of the NAM is unlikely to fix anything, since you were able to select the bridge in the first place and build it, and bridge controllers/packages don't function if they're missing stuff.

I'm also not sure how a slope mod could prevent you from connecting to the bridge, unless you forgot to do some terraforming to make the connection behave (which is what it looks like you did in the second photo anyway). The ennedi slope mod has some characteristics that make reading the readme (and experimenting with the slopes) crucial to success in using it.
I think you're right, I think the river space is too short.

updated: I tried in a bigger space and bridge is now showing fine, I change my slope to BRF_TunnelAndSlope and no problem this time. thanks.

MandelSoft

This bridge is designed in such a way that it only shows an arch when it's long enough, but it can also support shorter, non-arch bridges for when you just need that one little bridge...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

relics8801

Hello NAM-Team and all.

I have an issue in a Turning-Lane with Left-hand version.
After overwrite OnewayRoad to the Cross, TLs wll be mixed texture with ver.LeftHand and ver.RightHand sometime.
like this

Do you have a way to solved it ?
or
Can I return this to old system ? (way to no use overwrite with OnewayRoad),
What file should I remove from NAM's plugins if it possible ?

Thanks  ;)

Edited:
I tried to test this with only NAM v32, but I have same issue. &mmm
I helping to management a site the WBML4jp - wiki in Japan.

Tarkus

The only thing that was changed with the Road Turning Lanes was that the trigger was changed, from the default Road + and T-intersections ("Auto RTL") to the One-Way Road overplop method ("Semi-Auto RTL").  The overrides weren't changed, so there should be no change in the texture orientation.  From the appearances of things, the issue is strictly cosmetic, as the paths are correctly oriented.  It looks to emanate either from the particular texture set your using, or the custom facelift mod you're utilizing with the railing (which I've not seen before).

There are no plans to go back to the Auto RTL, and the Semi-Auto RTL is effectively a legacy component.  The Road Turning Lanes were designed in 2005, in an era when the NAM development was still in an early stage, and the developers didn't expect SC4 to have much more than a couple more years of useful life left in it.  Since then, we've figured out some really interesting developments like the Network Widening Mod, Draggable Fractional Angle Roads, and Draggable Road Viaducts, but the Auto RTL seriously hindered the stability of these new features (it's part of the reason the NWM took over 3 years to reach a first version).  We try very hard to keep everything working as it has (or better) in each release, but before NAM 31, we had to make the difficult decision to discontinue the Auto RTL.  We came to the conclusion that the significant functionality gains of the NWM, the Draggable Viaducts, and Draggable FAR outweighed the strictly cosmetic Auto RTL, and the Semi-Auto RTL was the best compromise for legacy support.

-Alex

relics8801

to Alex (Tarkus)
Thank you for reply with polite explain. ;)

Yes, I doubt for other MOD and BAT etc...
so I remove all of MOD and BAT in Plugins and bulldoze Lot around a cross with only NAMv32,
but I can not solved it unfortunately. &mmm
A place of Turning-Arrows is right. It seems like one kind of texture was turning from Left to Right sometime.

Which file is this SemiAuto-RTL system included in?
Can I remove only file (included this system) in my NAM's files?

and I report about other issue here. ;D  :P

I believe that it's really innovative system "Semi Auto-RTL",
and I have to say again a big thanks to NAM-Team, to your big effort. ;)
I hope you can find a cause and these would be solved soon. ;)

Thank you.

trabman11

Quote from: relics8801 on February 11, 2014, 12:29:40 AM
to Alex (Tarkus)
Thank you for reply with polite explain. ;)

Yes, I doubt for other MOD and BAT etc...
so I remove all of MOD and BAT in Plugins and bulldoze Lot around a cross with only NAMv32,
but I can not solved it unfortunately. &mmm
A place of Turning-Arrows is right. It seems like one kind of texture was turning from Left to Right sometime.

Which file is this SemiAuto-RTL system included in?
Can I remove only file (included this system) in my NAM's files?

and I report about other issue here. ;D  :P

I believe that it's really innovative system "Semi Auto-RTL",
and I have to say again a big thanks to NAM-Team, to your big effort. ;)
I hope you can find a cause and these would be solved soon. ;)

Thank you.

That last issue you have isn't a bug, that's how the turning lanes are supposed to work. At a T-intersection, there are only going to be two roads that will be making wide turns across the intersection. If the road that doesn't have the turning lanes has them, then automa will turn into a dead end and then run off the road. Now that may be fun to watch, but we don't want that happening in our cities now do we?   ;D
RISE UP AND FIGHT WITH SUPER BUNNY AND BOB!!!
  (\_/)           ☻/       /  \       
\(='.'=)/        /▌        |☢|       
(")_(")         / \       //||\\
*whispers* ...For what I don't know...I think they are anti-Google+ anarchists  ???

APSMS

I believe he's referring to the texture glitch that is showing up there. The transition should be smooth (to the RTL), but instead what's showing is the close-proximity version, which will appear when you have two 4-way road intersections close together (I think 4 or 5 tiles apart) and enable the RTL for both on the road connecting them. That's a bug, for sure, and it beats me as to what's causing the game to think that the adjacent intersection is a + instead of a T

relics8801

to trabman11 and APSMS
Thanks for reply and helps :)

About my last issue I reported.
e.g,
I could confirm that it would be revised a little with this patch.
This little patch is made by Moonlinght(JPN) for NAM-2010, I'd try to test NAMv32 with this.

[DownLoad is HERE(LINK)]
*for only DEFAULT and EURO texture

I dont have enough knowledge and cant make any MOD for them,
and this patch can not solved a issue perfectly. &mmm
I hope this will be any help for next creations for NAM.  ;)

btw, A problem that mixed texture RightHand and LeftHand,
Quote from: relics8801 on February 10, 2014, 10:07:49 PM
I have an issue in a Turning-Lane with Left-hand version.
After overwrite OnewayRoad to the Cross, TLs wll be mixed texture with ver.LeftHand and ver.RightHand sometime.
like this

It's seems about 30% or 40% of cross in my city now.... ()sad()
I hope it will be solved soon... &mmm

Thank you.

jdenm8

I don't know why it would be flipping the texture on wealthed tiles. Does it do it on the default turn lanes?

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

relics8801

to jdenm8
Wealhed tile?
There are some buildings(parks or civics) out of the Picture. ;)
and
Yes, It's NAM's default turning lane.
It was tested with ONLY NAM, I didn't use any BAT, MOD, PROPs and Texture-Packs in this time. ;)
I chose files about "Main Road Texture Files" is "Standard Euro Texture" when Installed.

trabman11

&idea  &Thk/(  You know what, this might be a wealthification bug like that of the Ave to NWM Ave-2 transition, where the textures only show up properly in medium-density and high-density zones. If this is the case, then those parks you have are being registered as low-density ones. Maybe you should try to put a 'higher' density park, for example, a 2x2 park of a 3x3 park - maybe try a large plaza. Maybe that will fix it? s for those other textures...  ()what()
If not, I hope someone else more knowledgeable on this subject will have an answer as to what is happening.  
Or maybe a file got corrupted and you just need to re-install the NAM and the issue will fix itself.  ;D
*whispers* ...For what I don't know...I think they are anti-Google+ anarchists  ???

timoman12

Hi I'm using moonlinght's Japanese SAM-1 replacement mod to make it into his Japanese suburban 2-lane streets, however the textures have stopped working since I've installed NAM32. It was working perfectly with NAM31.

The 'starter' piece looks like his, but when I drag a street it just turns into the default street texture.

Any way to fix this? Or is there possibly a way to revert back to the NAM31 SAM-1 files to temporarily stop the issue?

EDIT: I have discovered that without the Street Mod, SAM-1 Parking Lot textures don't work anyway.
The first piece I place is the parking lot, but when I drag a street through it, only default street is built.

So this is a problem with the NAM32 itself...

trabman11

Quote from: timoman12 on February 12, 2014, 02:04:01 PM
Hi I'm using moonlinght's Japanese SAM-1 replacement mod to make it into his Japanese suburban 2-lane streets, however the textures have stopped working since I've installed NAM32. It was working perfectly with NAM31.

The 'starter' piece looks like his, but when I drag a street it just turns into the default street texture.

Any way to fix this? Or is there possibly a way to revert back to the NAM31 SAM-1 files to temporarily stop the issue?

EDIT: I have discovered that without the Street Mod, SAM-1 Parking Lot textures don't work anyway.
The first piece I place is the parking lot, but when I drag a street through it, only default street is built.

So this is a problem with the NAM32 itself...

Moonlight's street side mod is included in the NAM installer. It appears as SAM-10, I believe. Maybe you downloaded Moonlights texture (the one from the NAM installer) by mistake, and the original your using is conflicting with the Installer version.

timoman12

Quote from: trabman11 on February 12, 2014, 03:50:52 PM
Moonlight's street side mod is included in the NAM installer. It appears as SAM-10, I believe.

that's not the street side mod, those are only textures