• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

Quote from: Getron on March 14, 2014, 05:32:15 AM
I have tried your workaround (see above), but it seems not to work. When installing the American road style, I can't find a "z___NAM\Road Textures\Euro Cosmetic Re-Texture Mod\RHW" folder. So I can't remove the folder called "0_Standard". Is this a know error?

No; if you follow the directions, you should always get the "0_Standard" folder.  Did you select one of the RHW options as well as the American texture?  If so, there is a file called "install.log" in your main NAM folder.  Please attach it to your response.

Pioneer

I don't know if this was mentioned, but for 7.5m RHW 8C to ground, its pretty self explanatory:

jungleman

I am having an issue with the Region Legend, I want to use HBS American Style Transport Region Legend Modd but have had no luck with this! I wounder if this is an issue with the new NAM, I have no othe map mod in the plugin folder? Any help! Thanks

JIYIN

Quote from: JIYIN on March 14, 2014, 01:31:59 AM
Sorry, I encounter a bug here & not sure is there any fix for it:
There is no path for the junction between OWR-3 & street/road (See the picture attached)

Thanks if anyone can show me the solution  :)
Quote from: woodb3kmaster on March 14, 2014, 02:45:20 AM
Unfortunately, intersections with any diagonal NWM network (such as the OWR-3) are currently unsupported. I don't know if the NAM team is planning to add support for them in NAM 33, but I sincerely hope so.

Ouch... Sadly, that's the only thing stopping me from playing right now. I even read up SC4Path and tried pathing myself  :-[ haha but unsuccessful, obviously. By the way, thanks for your kind reply!

jdenm8

Quote from: jungleman on March 17, 2014, 08:53:32 PM
I am having an issue with the Region Legend, I want to use HBS American Style Transport Region Legend Modd but have had no luck with this! I wounder if this is an issue with the new NAM, I have no othe map mod in the plugin folder? Any help! Thanks

The NAM includes a custom Transport View mod that makes the RHWs appear. Chances are it's overriding yours. It can be uninstalled using the Custom Component selection panel in the NAM Installer.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Wodong

Well I'm not sure if this is covered somewhere that my google skills aren't reaching, but when I use the TSCT (NAM traffic simulator packaged with NAM v32) it won't overwrite the old file if it finds and loads it.  I get "error deleting file(s).  Simcity 4 is probably running."  But it's not.  I've found a kind of workaround in just removing the traffic simulator files OUT of the directory, but as you can imagine, it makes for a pretty difficult time trying to tweak little things.

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, trying with and without "run as administator" via shortcut and/or right click and selecting "run as administrator" produce identical results, i.e. failure to save/overwrite.  I don't know if it's relevant, but as of NAM v32 I can't even open the TSCT unless I directly click on the .jar file; the .bat file does nothing and the shortcut made up during install just opens and closes the cmd prompt and then nothing.  I recall it working well enough in a previous version of NAM.

mimiha

Hi! At the risk of being "that guy" who probably didn't read posts...

I just installed NAM and I have never used any mods before. I have Deluxe and my version is 1.1.641.0. I just used the complete installation on NAM32.

I am unable to drag any pieces that say that they can be dragged. There are no arrows. I just place them singly. Here's what I mean: http://i.imgur.com/HZovxjn.jpg

When I looked up how to use this Tram piece it actually is supposed to look like this... http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/9436/dragtram2vs3.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

Indiana Joe

Quote from: mimiha on April 07, 2014, 04:46:29 PM
Hi! At the risk of being "that guy" who probably didn't read posts...

I just installed NAM and I have never used any mods before. I have Deluxe and my version is 1.1.641.0. I just used the complete installation on NAM32.

I am unable to drag any pieces that say that they can be dragged. There are no arrows. I just place them singly. Here's what I mean: http://i.imgur.com/HZovxjn.jpg

When I looked up how to use this Tram piece it actually is supposed to look like this... http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/9436/dragtram2vs3.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

You just have to have the appropriate tool selected to drag with.  GLR is dragged with the Elevated Rail tool.  NWM networks are either dragged with the Road or One-Way-Road tools (it tells you which in the descriptions I believe).  RHW starters are dragged with the base RHW tool.  Dragging is always done with a network building tool.

APSMS

Quote from: mimiha on April 07, 2014, 04:46:29 PM

To be sure, the descriptions are slightly outdated. However, there is extensive documentation that comes with the NAM, and as always, experimentation is required. The NAM documentation often doesn't always cover everything that you can do with it, so an adventurous attitude is necessary when trying new things. In this case it's not always clear, but then the rule is to read, read, read, and then read some more, since unfortunately not everything about the game, particularly when it comes to Mod creation, is as clear as everyone would like, and this is primarily the fault of the Maxis game developers.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

CahosRahneVeloza

Is there a way to change the "Zebra crossings" that I get for the game when I select the "Euro" Road Textures when installing NAM 32?

I get these for Roads & Avenues:

But what I'd really like are "Zebra Crossings" just like the ones that appear for one way road intersections (see top part of second photo as that is a one way road intersecting with the two way road).

Also although not a big deal though is, how come even after selecting "Euro" textures, my RHW still has the yellow inner lane marking instead of the two white line markings as I've seen elsewhere?

Just in case you say "But that's not Euro textures :P", here's my proof that I did select Euro textures:

As you can see (or don't see depending on your understanding) I selected the "Autobahn" marking set for the RHW although I will admit that on this photo I only have it on a "Cosmetic" piece, but still according to the pictures on the "Alternative Components" Guide, any and all RHW pieces should get the two white lines look instead of having the yellow inner lanes look.

As I said earlier though, this isn't a big deal as the all white lines look is kind of confusing when constructing RHW.

isii94

I encountered another texture issue:

It looks strange but doesn't affect the simulation as no paths are missing. Also I think it could be fixed easily by flipping some of the textures.
MD coming soon...

chosenreject

Sorry if this has been reported, i dont have a picture either...
the L4 to L2 mis on slope piece will not work for me.. no matter how i place it the mis tile that is directly on the slope is invisible.

CahosRahneVeloza

I found a work around for my "Zebra Crossings" issue. I tried "Riiga's TuLEP retexture" in exchange for the Old "UK" one & now my extension TuLEPs now have "Zebra Crossings" but the ones created by the auto road & Avenue TuLEP plugins still have those dotted crosswalks so I just took 'em out. So now I'll just have to settle with plopping the TuLEP intersection pieces if I want Zebra crossings which is fine by me.

APSMS

Quote from: chosenreject on April 14, 2014, 08:54:58 AM
the L4 to L2 mis on slope piece will not work for me.. no matter how i place it the mis tile that is directly on the slope is invisible.
Hmm. That is strange. I thought that was fixed for NAM 32. I will take a look and try it out myself later.

If you have the Extra Cheats mod by Buggi, can you see if the paths for the piece are there using the ShowPaths cheat? It may be that only the model reference is missing.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

chosenreject

Quote from: APSMS on April 14, 2014, 10:40:30 AM
Quote from: chosenreject on April 14, 2014, 08:54:58 AM
Hmm. That is strange. I thought that was fixed for NAM 32. I will take a look and try it out myself later.

If you have the Extra Cheats mod by Buggi, can you see if the paths for the piece are there using the ShowPaths cheat? It may be that only the model reference is missing.

i checked it. no paths or anything visible. just blank on that tile... i was looking to make sure i had the right nam all i found was on the bottom of the RHW menu it says i have the name controller from Jan 15th

Kuewr665

memo

Quote from: Kuewr665 on April 19, 2014, 11:23:38 AM
Are LHD paths for RRW at grade crossings available?

I attached a RRW-LHD file to this post. Probably, it fixes those issues.

Kuewr665

I reinstalled the file but the crossing paths are still missing.

Egi

Hello together,

I use NAM 32 with the cosmetic re-texture mod.
Here is the following glitch I have my problems with:

Is that normal or a bug?

Indiana Joe

Quote from: Egi on April 21, 2014, 01:02:44 PM
Hello together,

I use NAM 32 with the cosmetic re-texture mod.
Here is the following glitch I have my problems with:

Is that normal or a bug?

That's normal.  Unfortunately that one tile is treated as regular diagonal road instead of part of an intersection, so we cannot change the texture.