• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

Well, I've just been busy with RL lately, and there's the fact I'm redoing all the line markings in Fireworks for higher clarity.

I just hate adding them into the DAT... *shudders*
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

M4346

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Patricius Maximus

QuoteStop torturing us! its looks really good!

I don't agree  $%Grinno$%. Tarkus: More torture, please  :D.

toxicpiano

hay guys i have some of my best and most realistic ideas for u

im super serios right now u shuld totally make these
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

videosean

Quote from: j-dub on August 04, 2008, 07:05:04 PM
Well if the RHW 2 has a switch between lines, roads then roads should also have the switch between dashed and double yellow lines, personally.
Quote from: Tarkus on May 16, 2008, 01:18:58 PM
Teirusu made that mod originally.  See here for more info.

-Alex (Tarkus)
Cosmetic_Dashed_Roads, Glenni posted a link to it there :)
I wish I knew how it decides to do dashed or double yellow lines.  It's definitely not by wealth.  It has textures for both dashed and double yellow in the dat file.  All FSH files and a DIR file.

bat

Great progress there on the RHW! Looks really nice, Alex (Tarkus). ;)

j-dub

In my opinion, the dashed line road mod has the lines too close together. The RHW 2's line spacing was more realistic.

Ryan B.

Quote from: toxicpiano on August 05, 2008, 08:13:47 AM
hay guys i have some of my best and most realistic ideas for u

im super serios right now u shuld totally make these

I don't mean to be rude (apologies in advance); however, it's my opinion that items #1 & 2 are not only unrealistic, but downright dangerous. 

JoeST

burgsabre, i would say number one was ooutrageous too
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

videosean

Quote from: j-dub on August 05, 2008, 11:13:31 AM
In my opinion, the dashed line road mod has the lines too close together. The RHW 2's line spacing was more realistic.
I could remake  ;D

Haljackey

Quote from: burgsabre87 on August 05, 2008, 11:16:41 AM
I don't mean to be rude (apologies in advance); however, it's my opinion that items #1 & 2 are not only unrealistic, but downright dangerous. 

And what about #3?   :P

Anyways, I've been lurking in this thread for too long.  Amazing work on the new RHW components Alex!   :thumbsup:  The new RHW-6C looks great! 
-One question.  Any chance of including a concrete median in the middle of the new RHW-6/8C network? I know the drill (functionality first, looks second), but it would give the highway a more realistic feel.  Even including the median found in the ground/elevated highways would be great!

Best,
-Haljackey

Ryan B.

Quote from: Haljackey on August 05, 2008, 08:20:30 PM
And what about #3?   :P

#3 actually exists here in Western New York - the exit from Interstate 290 westbound to Route 5 eastbound features a ramp with those mechanics.

jgehrts

Quote from: burgsabre87 on August 05, 2008, 11:16:41 AM

I have a strange feeling that he was being sarcastic... 20 lanes to 2?  Speed ramp and spikes?  I think he's just goofing.

Haljackey

Quote from: burgsabre87 on August 05, 2008, 08:24:10 PM
#3 actually exists here in Western New York - the exit from Interstate 290 westbound to Route 5 eastbound features a ramp with those mechanics.

...And the mechanics involve flying through the air and landing on the road?  You gotta be kidding me!   $%Grinno$% 
-(Look closely at the image.  The ramp just ends.)

sim-al2

Quote from: Haljackey on August 05, 2008, 09:59:01 PM
...And the mechanics involve flying through the air and landing on the road?  You gotta be kidding me!   $%Grinno$% 
-(Look closely at the image.  The ramp just ends.)

oh ya, that's perfectly normal! ::) I guess the citizens in Western New York have to replace their entire under-carriage every 6 weeks....if your lucky and don't smash into the concrete wall first. $%#Ninj2
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

deathtopumpkins

Hey, if a bus can handle it, a car should be able to too!  :D (anybody remember the movie Speed?)

Haljackey: Alex said a few pages back that there's eventually going to be a median for at least the RHW6C.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

sim-al2

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on August 05, 2008, 10:15:40 PM
Hey, if a bus can handle it, a car should be able to too!  :D (anybody remember the movie Speed?)

Haljackey: Alex said a few pages back that there's eventually going to be a median for at least the RHW6C.

Not sure if I've ever seen Speed but I've seen at least one movie with a (terriost-related) bomb bus jumping over a demolished bridge, massive trafic jams, and then proceed to blow a plane at an airport(how on Earth did they get in? ???)
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

bwatterud

I've been playing too much Burnout.  2 and 3 seem perfectly normal to me.   :P

deathtopumpkins

sim-Al2: Because it's a movie.  ;)

bwatterud: Drive over one of them and see if you're still saying that!  :D
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

bwatterud

Thats why I say I've been playing too much Burnout.