• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 31 Central Bug Tracker Thread

Started by MandelSoft, March 02, 2013, 07:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: mystars24 on March 03, 2013, 06:56:27 PM
the game is using too much memory when i installed it.. 
any fix??

This is also not the right place to post a hardware problem.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Kuewr665

Dragging a L2 MIS diagonally over a L1 RHW-4 orthogonal section breaks the MIS and reverses the direction of the RHW-4.

Wiimeiser

Semi-minor issue but:

The hole digger lots aren't exactly 15M? If so then lots such as the ARS will run into problems; I've had this before.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

the7train

I did not see anything similar posted here or i the issues log, but if I missed it apologies for the inadvertent double post, I found some missing paths with the flex on slope piece (issues with 6S, 8S, 10S and 6C is ok):

jdenm8

Quote from: Wiimeiser on March 03, 2013, 08:37:58 PM
The hole digger lots aren't exactly 15M? If so then lots such as the ARS will run into problems; I've had this before.

That's a complicated issue, but it's all to do with Symphony, not the Hole Diggers.

That little drop is perfectly normal behaviour. The distance between the road surface of GSymphony and ESymphony is actually only 14.25m, not 15m as it is with all the other elevated networks.
ESymphony is 15m off the ground so that it interfaces with the Viaducts correctly, but GSymphony is 0.75m off the ground so that it doesn't clip into the ground on diagonal hills.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: the7train on March 03, 2013, 09:37:04 PM
I did not see anything similar posted here or i the issues log, but if I missed it apologies for the inadvertent double post, I found some missing paths with the flex on slope piece (issues with 6S, 8S, 10S and 6C is ok):

<snip>

Added as issue #86

Quote from: jcluvzgamez on March 03, 2013, 05:25:01 AM

Game still crashing while tabbing through OWR-FAR pieces. Anyone else have this problem? I just lost alot of work because of it.

Game crash due to FA-OWR Long Curve preview model bug. Added as issue #87.

Incidentally, do you run your game in software mode?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

MandelSoft

Quote from: Kitsune on March 03, 2013, 02:26:04 PM
The large steel arch rhw-4 bridge doesnt seem to be building correctly - you can only get it to build on really long distances (almost the length of a large tile).
Can't replicate that issue on my end. Builds just fine...

Update on the Bugs list:

Total number of unique bugs: 87
Resolved bugs reports: 27

http://github.com/BluelightningSC4/Network-Addon-Mod/issues?page=1&sort=updated&state=open
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

245a

Bugs thai i noticed:
FlexFly L0 under RHW 6S L4 not showing. Same with other heights.

Diagonal road under RHW 10 L2

No standard ramps for new L1 road and avenue networks, or this is intended?

Misleading information:

Hope you can fix it! :)

gn_leugim

I have installed the NAM sometimes, even in clean plugin folder and still, this bridge don't show properly to me. Does it happen to someone else?

(it don't show up even after building it btw)

jdenm8

Quote from: 245a on March 04, 2013, 12:56:23 AM
Bugs thai i noticed:
FlexFly L0 under RHW 6S L4 not showing. Same with other heights.

Unsupported. FlexFly and FlexCurve were made back when P57 was P0E and haven't been updated with code for the new networks.

For everyone,
FlexFly and FlexCurve are not designed to be used with the new heights.

Diagonal road under RHW 10 L2

That one is now issue #88

No standard ramps for new L1 road and avenue networks, or this is intended?

The creator of the 7.5m content never got the time to make proper ramps, not considered a bug.

It's deprecated, so no real need to go through the pain of changing it.

I don't see the problem here.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

jcluvzgamez

Yes I do run my game in software mode.
I will take a burger and NAM. Yes I would like RHW with that. Oh and NWM with SAM topping for dessert.

z

Quote from: gn_leugim on March 04, 2013, 02:02:16 AM
I have installed the NAM sometimes, even in clean plugin folder and still, this bridge don't show properly to me. Does it happen to someone else?

This bridge has not been integrated into NAM 31.  Only those bridges that have been integrated into NAM 31 are guaranteed to work; at this point, all such bridges are included with the NAM.  To integrate this bridge into NAM 31, we would need the author's permission, and then we would still have to see if it were compatible enough to do.

Diggis

Can people post SAM texture issues into the SAM thead as well?

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1617.new#new

All RUL/Path issues will need to be fixed from someone else, but I'll take a crack at fixing/adding textures where needed.

kanttuvei

Might be user errors and/or already reported, but it seems that the 15m transitions to RWH6C and RWH6S don't work properly when crossing maxis avenue? Also if you try to use them to cross L0 RWH10S, the lane closest to the side where you place the transition changes into elevated MIS.

Also having some difficulty in crossing the L0 RWHS10 with the 6S variants of different heights.. lots of unstability..

Also if you use the flexSPUI elevated with the RWH4 transition (15m) and drag RWH6S underneath, there seems to be a texture missing (red/green blocks). Also another texture (?) issue on the top left side. Not sure if this configuration is even supported...

arl85

Quote from: z on March 02, 2013, 07:02:25 PM
Quote from: arl85 on March 02, 2013, 09:01:49 AM
I've noticed that when I change the install path from c:\users\admin\documents\... to c:\users\user\documents\... some .dat went into "old" (admin) folder. They are folder of mass transit lots and textures.

I see why that happens; I hadn't anticipated someone changing their $DOCUMENTS folder.  This will be fixed in NAM 31.1.

Also found that cleaning tool is run over the default folder, not the installation folder.
And no, I've not changed my $DOCUMENTS folder, but on win7 the installer has to be run as admin, so NAM is installed in ADMIN/Documents folder, unless I change it (but I think the effect is the same of changing $DOCUMENTS). Partially related: Any reason why installer has to be run as admin?

kanttuvei

If you place L1 RWHS8S starters, for example, 4 squares from the edge of a city, drag a NC to the edge, everything is fine. But after that when you try to drag the L1 RWH8S to the opposite direction of the starters then the whole section all the way to the edge changes into EMIS.

gn_leugim

Quote from: z on March 04, 2013, 03:17:52 AM
Quote from: gn_leugim on March 04, 2013, 02:02:16 AM

This bridge has not been integrated into NAM 31.  Only those bridges that have been integrated into NAM 31 are guaranteed to work; at this point, all such bridges are included with the NAM.  To integrate this bridge into NAM 31, we would need the author's permission, and then we would still have to see if it were compatible enough to do.

but that one was installed with the NAM. Is there any advances to seek out the authors permission? Also, I made some research and this bridge for what I read is a highway bridge and it shows up on the street bridges.

MandelSoft

Sanye's bridges are as far as I know not included in the NAM...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

gn_leugim

Quote from: MandelSoft on March 04, 2013, 04:18:47 AM
Sanye's bridges are as far as I know not included in the NAM...

indeed, I re-checked again. I am still trying to find where it came from, as I don't remember installing it, and it shown up after NAM instalation. Anyway, my bad.

mantab

Initially I tried the suggested installation..When I tried to load the game it was a little slower..Anyway,I got into the region and when I opened a new unbuilt city tile the game froze. I unistalled NAM and made a clear custom installation many times.. In one of them I loaded all optional content, in another I was as minimal as possible, checking off all optional check boxes.. The problem continued.. I ll propalby install the previous edition of NAM and if possible , I ll add some textures from the new edition like bridges