• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 31 Central Bug Tracker Thread

Started by MandelSoft, March 02, 2013, 07:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simeloony

http://i.imgur.com/qOIqRZC.jpg

Found this one. Unable to connect MIS to One-Way. Also, the Avenue to RHW connection looks a little weird.

http://i.imgur.com/bigEfUm.jpg

And this one. It seems like it isn't possible to connect the interchange to the ramp.

EDIT: Changed to links since the pictures where a little too big for the website.

samerton

Quote from: Simeloony on March 04, 2013, 11:06:43 AM
http://i.imgur.com/bigEfUm.jpg

And this one. It seems like it isn't possible to connect the interchange to the ramp.

Use the transition ramps that come with Project Symphony; they'll connect nicely :)

Tarkus

Quote from: mantab on March 04, 2013, 10:27:29 AM
The problem continued.. I ll propalby install the previous edition of NAM and if possible , I ll add some textures from the new edition like bridges

You cannot mix and match components from different versions.  The controller files associated with NAM 30 have no reference to new NAM 31 content.

-Alex

wouanagaine

Don't know if already reported, but the file z__NAM\Maxis Highway Override\T21_Overrides.dat is invalid on my computer, I can't datpack it neither open with Reader
with DatPacker it abort on examplar 0x6534284a 0xc977c536 0x28e70000 which is missing its signature

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

mantab

Quote from: Tarkus on March 04, 2013, 11:35:36 AM
Quote from: mantab on March 04, 2013, 10:27:29 AM
The problem continued.. I ll propalby install the previous edition of NAM and if possible , I ll add some textures from the new edition like bridges

You cannot mix and match components from different versions.  The controller files associated with NAM 30 have no reference to new NAM 31 content.

-Alex

Then what I can do to make the new nam work? I have done everything to make it work, from a minimum install to a full..A loaded a small totally unbuilt region...Hopefully I didnt erased the previous NAM installation files

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: medit84truth on March 04, 2013, 02:31:31 PM
RHW Bridge Stub won't convert; Fences

Already posted.

And the fences are supposed to be like that.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

teddyrised

Quote from: wouanagaine on March 04, 2013, 12:26:53 PM
Don't know if already reported, but the file z__NAM\Maxis Highway Override\T21_Overrides.dat is invalid on my computer, I can't datpack it neither open with Reader
with DatPacker it abort on examplar 0x6534284a 0xc977c536 0x28e70000 which is missing its signature

You are not alone - I posted a similar issue on the NAM issues thread. Apparently it's one of the files in Project Symphony.

pressus

I have a questions:
- where disappeared zebra crossing in euro style on roads intersection (X) and T intersection?
- where are road turning lines on X and T road intersectins in euro style?
&hlp

Zebra crossing avenue and roads to avenue - OK
Turning lines avenue - OK
Sorry guys, I'll be here next week, so good luck!

Kuewr665

I've decided to focus my testing on the FLEX transitions, though I may still report other bugs.

RHW-10S inner lanes change to RHW-8S outer lanes on one-tile transition

RHW-6S won't go to L2 on two-level on-slope transition

On all east-to-west and south-to-north on-slope transitions, regardless of the height or network being overrided, when the starter is removed trying to reconnect the elevated network to the on-slope transition ruins the slope. This may just be a problem with the NHP slope mod, which I have in the top of my plugins folder.

jdenm8

Quote from: Kuewr665 on March 04, 2013, 03:10:58 PM
On all east-to-west and south-to-north on-slope transitions, regardless of the height or network being overrided, when the starter is removed trying to reconnect the elevated network to the on-slope transition ruins the slope. This may just be a problem with the NHP slope mod, which I have in the top of my plugins folder.

We had this problem during development as well. That's why the bottom tile (The one you demolished) is there.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

the7train

I am truly impressed with how dedicated you all are to the NAM! I posted one bug yesterday and its already resolved. You guys rock! Sorry for the non-issue post but I really want to show my appreciation. 

Kuewr665

Here are the results from testing various setups of the one-level on-slope transition.

L0/L1 RHW-8C transition has missing paths on the outer lanes of the transition and inner lanes revert to RHW-8S outer lanes.

L0/L1 RHW-8S transition has missing paths on the transition and inner lanes revert to outer lanes, same problem with L0/L1 RHW-10S transition, though the outer lanes work fine.

L1/L2 RHW-2 transition does not go to L2.

L1/L2 RHW-3 transition does not go to L2.

L1/L2 MIS transition has the transition part the same as L0/L1, though the paths look correct. This problem also exists on other height levels.

L1/L2 RHW-6S transition has missing paths on the transition, as with the L0/L1 transition and other height levels.

L1/L2 RHW-8S transition has paths that are not aligned with the road.

L1/L2 RHW-10S transition has the paths of L0/L1 transition and has the L0/L2 transition for the outer lanes.

L1/L2 RHW-6C transition has inner lanes revert to L1 RHW-2 and outer lanes of L0/L1 transition. Clicking on the outer lanes of the transition makes a degenerate piece.

L1/L2 RHW-8C transition has a similar problem to the L1/L2 RHW-6C transition

Wiimeiser

All the new FlexRamps & Transitions have the "infinite construction noises" bug, what exactly causes this? Also, L1 RHW-2 seems hellbent on converting everything passing underneath it to L1 RHW-3, probably because that's the next thing in the code...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Wiimeiser on March 04, 2013, 10:52:30 PM
All the new FlexRamps & Transitions have the "infinite construction noises" bug, what exactly causes this?

That's an unavoidable bug when using Rail (which is what the FlexHTs and FlexOSTs use) as a part of a starter's construction. Only way to avoid it is to not drag anything farther out than four tiles at a time.
<INACTIVE>
-----

medit84truth

Wiimeiser

I also can't terminate draggable FAR through anything other than a short curve or T-intersection. Am I not getting the patterns or aren't they implemented yet?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Wiimeiser on March 04, 2013, 11:51:43 PM
I also can't terminate draggable FAR through anything other than a short curve or T-intersection. Am I not getting the patterns or aren't they implemented yet?

There's no terminus, not even for the puzzle-based stuff.
<INACTIVE>
-----

Wiimeiser

Well then, I'll just drop these here:

memo

You cannot just arbitrarily drag orthogonal roads next to each other, but you have to keep the footprints in mind. FAR-3 has a 2x3 footprint. FAR-2 has a 2x2 footprint.

Yellow is FAR-3. You can continue with either FAR-3 or FAR-2 on the red tiles, but the tile in the top corner between red and yellow must not be covered.

This is too tight. Note that there is a shift on every tile, which would be a 45° diagonal in fact. Instead...

Yellow is correct (FAR-2). The red tiles are where you would have to continue to get FAR-2.

Quote from: Wiimeiser on March 05, 2013, 12:01:18 AM

There is a specific footprint to convert orthogonal road to FAR-3 (short curve). You can find it in the documentation (contents file, section 11).

Delete the red tile and it should work. Again keep the basic 2x3 tiles in mind.