• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 31 Central Bug Tracker Thread

Started by MandelSoft, March 02, 2013, 07:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

@solovinodelmal: about the Symphony bugs: HSR x Symphony is not yet supported; I have to check the OWR crossing again, I'm quite sure I did that one...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Kuewr665

Possibly not a bug: The diagonal to FA MIS inner transition has a missing overhang over one tile of the piece.

TheAttendee

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but Ortho AVE-2 x Diag AVE-4 T-intersections have a bugged tile. The rest seems to function correctly, including the 4-way intersection.

paths

auandi@gmail.com

I noticed a few problems with RHW-4.

First I had problems getting RHW-4 over RD-4. I started with a flexramp L0 to L1 RHW-4. I placed a RHW-4 L0 starter piece before the flexramp on either side of the RD-4 and yet I got this result:

http://imgur.com/3OeGkDj

So then I wondered if there was another way to do it. I placed an L1 RHW-4 starter piece on either side of the RD-4 and dragged them across one at a time. On one side it worked, but on the other side the RD-4 reverted to RD-2.

The working side:

http://imgur.com/4c7xlXt

The not working side:

http://imgur.com/XCl2cl9

The same exact thing happens with L2, L3 and L4 RHW-4 pieces, one side reverts to road. Elevated Symphony highway seems to work though.

On a second note: I then also noticed some problems with the FlexSPUI piece. L1 RHW-4 seems to kill it:

http://imgur.com/XranLaz

Sorry for the formatting, for some reason the pictures aren't showing up when I put the "img" tags around them

Tarkus

Regarding FlexSPUI, it doesn't support anything other than L0 and L2 RHWs.  It's still a bit of a legacy component in some regards.

As far as other RHW stability situations in general, I've fixed the L2 MIS situation and gotten the Y-Splitters functioning.  Beyond that, I'm currently in the process of re-working the rest of the code, and cutting it down to about 10% of its existing size.

-Alex

Girafe

"NWM scrutineering"

NAM only - standart euro textures - CPU I7 (turbo tech) no CTD

I could be wrong as my knowledge about NAM is really restrictive.

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

EDIT:

K

L

M

Question: no zebra crossing are showing anymore? &Thk/(
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

pierrebaptiste

I have noticed a new bug :

You save your region , and after you decide to come back in your region. When you click on "return region" the game bugges and comes back to the desk  :'(

sitejunction

I don't have a pic of it. I don't know of it's been previously shown,but I searched the website. The AVE-6/TLA-7 x AVE-6/TLA-7 Type A1 Tulep T-intersection yields an "intersection string missing" message

roadgeek

Quote from: roadgeek on March 07, 2013, 07:55:46 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if my issue that I brought up (on page 4) wrt L-2 over L-1 was assigned an issue #. I think NWM was not showing up bc I have not reinstalled that particular mod.

I am unable to get draggable FAR to work, and I have tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling numerous times. I watched MandelSoft's video, and still nothing  :angrymore:

Here is what I am talking about

http://imageshack.us/gal.php?id=sZeqkt3b3aLc0Kfb3dvdotzQppHb4c2b

&hlp

Sirial

Hi hello.

While using NAM31 I also have a lot of crashes to desktop and crashes during saving but I run an AMD/ATI combo machine. The game also runs somewhat more sluggish noticeable while scrolling the screen around and by zooming out. this started to become a nuisance when my cities reached around 40k citizens. I can play SC4 stable while using the old NAM30 controller and reach cities the size of up to 250k before such sluggishness is perceived. but not with the new larger one (replacement as suggested by Tarkus on Simtropolis.)

I run the steam version of SC4 deluxe on 64 bit windows 7. I have my mods installed in the usual documents folder. I also run CAM and SPAM.

I run with the following launch options: -intro:off -w -CustomResolution:enabled -r1920x1080 -CPUCount:1   (windowed on a 2560x1440 screen)

My machine is an AMD Phenom II x4 965 @ default 3.4 Ghz 8gig of memory and an ATI radeon 5870 @ default speed. with 1 gig of vmemory.

This is by no means meant as a complaint, merely the best I could think of to try and describe the problem I seem to be having since I installed NAM31. I love your work and I would be happy to add more information if it is needed. Sorry for throwing a wrench in the its an i7 only problem theory. =)

Posting here because simtropolis is hard to reach lately.

Thanks for your attention.

Tarkus

Thanks for that report, Sirial--it's the first I've heard of an AMD system having difficulties.  Sounds like goal #1 should be to shrink the controller, which means that the original goals of ultra-stability are unattainable.

-Alex

io_bg

The Avenue Y-stack doesn't appear with the new NAM.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

MandelSoft

^^ If you have Symphony installed, that's a known bug and we've already fixed that on our end ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

io_bg

Oh sorry, didn't know it was already reported...
On the other hand I can't get the cul-de-sacs to work. Even with an empty Plugins folder (all empty except the NAM of course).
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

epicblunder

Quote from: Tarkus on March 09, 2013, 01:31:06 PM
it's the first I've heard of an AMD system having difficulties.

I have an older AMD dual core and although i don't have any crashing issues there has been a significant drop in game performance with the new NAM.  With the same /Plugins directory as running the old NAM the load time almost doubles for me, as well as much more sluggish scrolling and zooming.  I'm more than willing to deal with this for the delicious awesomeness that is NAM but some performance optimization would be nice if possible.

Keep up the good work folks.

Tarkus

Quote from: epicblunder on March 09, 2013, 03:07:18 PM
I have an older AMD dual core and although i don't have any crashing issues there has been a significant drop in game performance with the new NAM.  With the same /Plugins directory as running the old NAM the load time almost doubles for me, as well as much more sluggish scrolling and zooming.  I'm more than willing to deal with this for the delicious awesomeness that is NAM but some performance optimization would be nice if possible.

The size of the controller, from appearances, may have something to do with that.  I've seen SC4 using over 900MB RAM when running with NAM 31 and no other Plugins in Task Manager.

-Alex

Kitsune

Quote from: Tarkus on March 09, 2013, 03:17:06 PM
Quote from: epicblunder on March 09, 2013, 03:07:18 PM

The size of the controller, from appearances, may have something to do with that.  I've seen SC4 using over 900MB RAM when running with NAM 31 and no other Plugins in Task Manager.

-Alex

ok.... thats why its using 1.3gb of RAM now, some people may have some if issues they have a low amount of ram and a lot of plugins.
~ NAM Team Member

Wiimeiser

I think the game writes the menu icons to two tables, one for permanent icons and the other for rewards, crashes upon opening the menu are probably caused by the game writing menu changes to the former instead of the latter for some reason, which the game considers an illegal action.

Back on topic, this would also probably explain some of the higher RAM usage with the NAM as the menus are changed a bit.

Don't mind, it's just an explanation I came up with for why anything not available in the menu by default (grayed-out or hidden) is removed from the cursor when placed...

I've had one crash so far, and that was when I opened the Roads menu. Make of that what you will.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

z

Quote from: io_bg on March 09, 2013, 02:59:56 PM
On the other hand I can't get the cul-de-sacs to work. Even with an empty Plugins folder (all empty except the NAM of course).

This is a known bug, and it has been fixed on our end.  Renaming the cul-de-sac file so that it starts with "z8" instead of "z1" should fix this.

itsacoaster

Quote from: Tarkus on March 09, 2013, 01:31:06 PM
Thanks for that report, Sirial--it's the first I've heard of an AMD system having difficulties.  Sounds like goal #1 should be to shrink the controller, which means that the original goals of ultra-stability are unattainable.

-Alex

&cry2 So what does that entail for future NAM updates compared to the NAM 31 we have?