• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 31 Central Bug Tracker Thread

Started by MandelSoft, March 02, 2013, 07:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

Uzil, not every MHW piece was converted to PS.  As a result, the old MHW models appear on some pieces.  PS models only appear on the ones that were converted individually.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

APSMS

Quote from: a44bigdog on March 23, 2013, 12:34:37 AM
I am new to Sim City 4 and the NAM so this may not be a bug but it is weird behavior that I did notice and verify. I just spent about 5 hours trying to create a RHW4 overpass over a railroad. I used the 7.5m terrain tools and kept having problems with the "center section" between the L1 slope pieces not converting to RHW4 over the railroad. I then separated the RHW4 lanes so that they were not adjacent but had 1 grid space between. After a bunch of messing about I noticed that dragging the second RHW4 road through would make the 1st convert. To get the second RHW4 "center section" I dragged the RHW tool parallel to the unconverted road 2 spaces away on level ground. This then converted the 2nd "center section" after which I could just bulldoze the section on the level ground and the "bridge" sections of the overpass stayed converted. I just tested this with the RHW4 roads next to each other and the same behavior was present. Dragging the second road would properly convert the 1st road and dragging a 3rd RHW road parallel to the 2nd road 2 grids away so it was on level ground and not on the embankment converted the 2nd road. This "dummy" section could then be bulldozed and everything stayed converted. I hope that makes sense without screens and my use of more or less layman's terms in the quotes.

a44bigdog, the NAM team will be more inclined to solve your problem if you provide an in-game picture. You're certainly detailed enough in your description, but it's hard to rally know what you're talking about w/o a picture, especially if you're new to the NAM and the terminology.

Also, a picture would help confirm that it's a bug or just a quirk. Since the NAM is always in beta stage, there will always be quirks.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

io_bg

The RHW flex on-slope transition doesn't seem to work with anything higher than L2 (tried to make a L4 to L2 switch but it didn't work either).

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

a44bigdog

I can understand how my post could be confusing, especially trying to explain all that without a pic. This pic is of a different interchange but I can use it to explain my findings.

For this explanation I will refer to the Eastbound RHW4 (the one on the bottom) as road "A". The top RHW4 (Westbound) I will  refer to as road B. During the building of the overpasses after the RHW4 L1 on slope pieces have been placed, dragging the RHW tool over road A will create a "bridge" over the Avenue but it will be RHW2 and not RHW4. Dragging road B will create the "bridge" piece over  the Avenue again as a RHW2 but it causes road  A to properly convert to RHW4. To make  the "bridge" section on road  B convert to a RHW4  I drug a short section of RHW where the MIS intersect the Avenue. Once this upgrade road B I bulldozed it. This picture also shows the S curve I had to build into the MIS sections as the RHW4 Type A1 wide piece results in a "hole to China". which I think has already been reported.

jdenm8

Quote from: io_bg on March 23, 2013, 03:34:18 PM
The RHW flex on-slope transition doesn't seem to work with anything higher than L2 (tried to make a L4 to L2 switch but it didn't work either).

That's just to do with the 2L transition. It was a last minute inclusion and its code isn't brilliant. Two of the 1L transitions will work fine.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

It's also been fixed already on our end.

Quote from: a44bigdog on March 23, 2013, 04:13:57 PM
For this explanation I will refer to the Eastbound RHW4 (the one on the bottom) as road "A". The top RHW4 (Westbound) I will  refer to as road B. During the building of the overpasses after the RHW4 L1 on slope pieces have been placed, dragging the RHW tool over road A will create a "bridge" over the Avenue but it will be RHW2 and not RHW4. Dragging road B will create the "bridge" piece over  the Avenue again as a RHW2 but it causes road  A to properly convert to RHW4. To make  the "bridge" section on road  B convert to a RHW4  I drug a short section of RHW where the MIS intersect the Avenue. Once this upgrade road B I bulldozed it. This picture also shows the S curve I had to build into the MIS sections as the RHW4 Type A1 wide piece results in a "hole to China". which I think has already been reported.

I'll take a look at the wide ramp.  As far as the deconversion to RHW-2, that's something the FLEX transitions will do, unless there's enough stability code in place, which there isn't in the current public release.

-Alex

Carny

Hi guys.

I'm sure you have already noticed this bug, too.

metarvo

I realize the missing paths on diagonal emergency lanes are reported (issue #56), but I note that DxD Street x RHW-4 intersections in general are missing paths.

EDIT: It turns out that all RHW-4 x Street at-grade intersections have the same problem.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Squalled

Sorry if it's already been posted, but MIS to one way road transitions seem to be missing textures.

I've tried working around by using MIS-RHW4 transition pieces, then RHW-4 to road, but this only seems to work for on ramps, not off.

Indiana Joe

Yep, they've already tackled that one.  You can see the list of all the reported issues and their status here.

Tarkus

Quote from: metarvo on March 24, 2013, 03:34:42 PM
I realize the missing paths on diagonal emergency lanes are reported (issue #56), but I note that DxD Street x RHW-4 intersections in general are missing paths.

EDIT: It turns out that all RHW-4 x Street at-grade intersections have the same problem.

Issue #56 was closed March 3rd, and Issue #74 (which pertains to your edit) was closed March 5th.

The good news is that most of the reports we've been getting lately are "repeats".  We've whittled our Github list down from 106 to 29, and some of those are rather minor.

-Alex

dragonshardz

Unsure if this has been reported already, but the paths for L2 MIS Y-splits and merges are backwards.

E: Paths for the same at L0 are reversed on the Y's stem and completely missing on the branching area.

Both's textures are also identically misaligned.

spot

Quote from: Tarkus on March 24, 2013, 09:31:28 PM
To what are you referring with the circles?  Sidewalks?

-Alex

Yes. Nothing major.

EDIT: Issue #4

vinlabsc3k

Sorry if alredy exist, but I've searched in GitHub (open and closed issues) and don't find it.

Missing paths on dragable double diag L0 RHW-2 ramps

The RHW-2<->RD-2 transition don't affect the result.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Kergelen

Not sure if this is considered a bug, but I'm having problems with Avenue curve sandstone mod by sithlrd98.
Is strange because the 90 degree curve works but the 45 degree curve do not. &mmm

I tried to solve myself but the TGI of the curves don't change respect NAM 30, and only is added the FLEX 45 curve with new TGI (maybe there is some interference between FLEX 45 curve and "normal" 45 degree curve ()what()). I don't know how to solve this issue.

1-Normal 45 degree avenue curve (problem)
2- 90 degree avenue curve (correct)
3- FLEX 45 avenue curve

Links to SC4 websites

memo

This is definetly strange. I have just tested it, but could not replicate this. It works fine for me.

I am quite certain that the normal 45-curve is absolutely the same as in NAM 30. The Flex curve uses entirely new IDs.

Loading order is the usual suspect, but seeing that it works for the 90 curve, the file certainly loads after the NAM. I cannot explain it. Perhaps, you have another conflicting file in your plugins, so it would be best to test whether it works if you load the NAM and the retexture file only.

Alternatively, you could just use the Flex curve, as it comes with sidewalks as well, which are even wealth-dependent and work with custom sidewalk mods, too, apparently. ;)